• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why, hello there!

FrostDrake

From the Shire!
Years
As the title says, hello there everyone! Pending a name change (if that's a thing), you can call me FrostDrake, Snowy or just Liam. Or anything else that involves winter and dragons in some form, I guess :P

It seems that I had this old account lurking on here from nearly a decade ago (blimey!). Since I have decided to take another look at game development / ROM hacking, I figured I might as well claim this account again, and say hello!

Hmm...what else to say? Well, I'm a Pokémon veteran, having played all of the main series games and a couple of the spinoffs as well. The first game I ever remember getting was Pokémon Yellow, after my Mum decided that was the best way to entertain two young kids on their first flight abroad. So, my Dad got us (myself and my younger sister) a Game Boy Colour and a Pokémon game each at the airport! It's kind of crazy thinking back on it now, to tell you the truth! Since then, I've been hooked to Pokémon, fantasy and games in general.

In the present day, I've done my time at university studying Maths and Computing, and now I work as a developer of sorts. I hope to get stuck into some game development / ROM hacking when I get the time!

It'll be great to make some new friends on here, so if you want to know anything else, or just chat, then let me know! :)

Years
Heyo heyo FrostDrake! Nice to meet you, welcome back to PC. :-3

Seems like you're experienced in the dev fields so maybe you'll have things to contribute here in that regard?? We always love having more devs and people who know the workings of making fangames, since those places here are so huge and attract many people.

Enjoy your time and hope you'll stick around. o/

Years
Howdy FrostDrake! Welcome aboard the PokeCommunity! Glad to see you've come out to join us again, have fun looking over the fangames section, there's always good games to play and projects to hop into. I hope you have a great time here! :D

FrostDrake

From the Shire!
Years
Heyo heyo FrostDrake! Nice to meet you, welcome back to PC. :-3

Seems like you're experienced in the dev fields so maybe you'll have things to contribute here in that regard?? We always love having more devs and people who know the workings of making fangames, since those places here are so huge and attract many people.

Enjoy your time and hope you'll stick around. o/

Why, thank you very much! :) I'm amazed at just how popular a place this community really is!

Well, I'd love to contribute to the dev work on games if I can, as that has always been a dream of mine (I can thank Pokémon for that one too). I have a few ideas I'd love to try out, but first I've got some learning to do.

Howdy FrostDrake! Welcome aboard the PokeCommunity! Glad to see you've come out to join us again, have fun looking over the fangames section, there's always good games to play and projects to hop into. I hope you have a great time here! :D

Thank you for having me along for the ride! :) I'm sure I will do when I get the chance. I've already seen a devilish Crystal Kaizo project on YouTube, which is what ended up bringing me back here, funnily enough! Not that I'd try to make anything quite so difficult as that :P

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Welcome to PC! We have a super extensive ROM Hacking community here, so no doubt you'll find the resources you need to help you make a hack. Pokemon Yellow brings back memories for me. I remember borrowing it from a friend of mine and I gave up on it because I couldn't for life of me beat Koga :( I might have to replay it sometime soon and show him who's boss! I've also played Crystal Kaizo myself, I haven't made any progress in a while so I should reopen that and get moving! Have a great time, and if you have any questions about PC or how things work, don't hesitate to drop me a message, have a blast :D

FrostDrake

From the Shire!
Years
Welcome to PC! We have a super extensive ROM Hacking community here, so no doubt you'll find the resources you need to help you make a hack. Pokemon Yellow brings back memories for me. I remember borrowing it from a friend of mine and I gave up on it because I couldn't for life of me beat Koga :( I might have to replay it sometime soon and show him who's boss! I've also played Crystal Kaizo myself, I haven't made any progress in a while so I should reopen that and get moving! Have a great time, and if you have any questions about PC or how things work, don't hesitate to drop me a message, have a blast :D

Well that's the plan! I've already downloaded a few of the resources and tools developed by the community here, but I need to go and get a few others first before I start studying it. My first idea was to do an enhanced remake of Crystal / HGSS using Fire Red (as basically half the world is already there!), and I'm really looking forward to recreating arguably my favourite region, Johto :D

Aye, I have a lot of memories with the original Gen 1 and Gen 2 games. A lot of the Gen 1 memories involve getting very frustrated at Gym Leaders and the Elite Four, and most of that was just my fault! :P

Fighting Lance without knowing anything about the dragons and their weaknesses was a massive facepalm moment for me as a kid, and made it all the more difficult. I even once did what effectively became a solo Pidgeot run, but even a Pidgeot in the mid 80s had trouble against the E4! XD Thankfully I don't make those kinds of mistakes any more! All that time facing off against dragons also showed me their potential, and it's what made me fall for them (and hence, my name).

Good luck on your replays if you get around to them! Having seen pretty much all the bosses in Crystal Kaizo, you'll likely need it!

Back