• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 924 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2012
download and paste that in the Main folder. It should say the file already exists, say "yes" to overrite it. that might fix it.

It still doesn't work, I can move forward through the text with Alt or X, but those are the only buttons that work.

Jared

Some Cool Kid
Years
Just a question I never got around to asking. In your screenshots you have a Charmeleon and a Crocinaw, is it possible to obtain more than one "starter set" throughout the game?

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
Yes, well you got a Kanto from the Academy (spelling is my enemy also.) and you find the Johto corrupted around the place, but by the sound of that last post, DarkDoom is swapping them around. I believe later you can get the Hoenn starters too, but it may be moved to the second region.

On that idea, maybe they can be a gift for getting to the second region.

Last edited:

Nuggz

Nidoking Molester
Years
what in the hell o.o... i love this >:l it looks like.. normal pokemon and the TCG combined into one big... RPG orgasm... QQ its beautiful QQ... also i love the whole "eevee with unstable DNA" thing... reminds me of the manga <3

Last edited:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Just finished the demo and love it <3 Looking forward to the completion of the game and well done for creating such an interesting and fun game.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Just a question I never got around to asking. In your screenshots you have a Charmeleon and a Crocinaw, is it possible to obtain more than one "starter set" throughout the game?
Yes.

Yes, well you got a Kanto from the Academy (spelling is my enemy also.) and you find the Johto corrupted around the place, but by the sound of that last post, DarkDoom is swapping them around. I believe later you can get the Hoenn starters too, but it may be moved to the second region.

On that idea, maybe they can be a gift for getting to the second region.

lockmaster explained it properly.
You'll be able to get all johto starters via the pokemon academy.
-The first, you'll recieve when you finish the mind and body paths.
-The second you'll recieve if you defeat the academy master. Although you can fight him as soon as you've finished the first challenge, He's very hard, having around Lv40 pokemon.
-The third...I havent worked it out. But, it'll probably be a second battle with the academy master, he'll probably have a more advanced team.

While kanto and hoenn startes can be found just like other pokemon.

what in the hell o.o... i love this >:l it looks like.. normal pokemon and the TCG combined into one big... RPG orgasm... QQ its beautiful QQ... also i love the whole "eevee with unstable DNA" thing... reminds me of the manga <3

Hah, thanks. It doesn't really have much TCG elements though.

Well it's more supposed to be Pokemon + RPG/Final Fantasy lol.
Yep, thats exactly what i was going for. :D

download and paste that in the Main folder. It should say the file already exists, say "yes" to overrite it. that might fix it.

It still doesn't work, I can move forward through the text with Alt or X, but those are the only buttons that work.
Hmm... Try possibly restarting your computer, i read it sometimes randomly happens to some people.

Just finished the demo and love it <3 Looking forward to the completion of the game and well done for creating such an interesting and fun game.
Happy to see people enjoying it.

---
Anyways, I've been working on some back-end stuff.

I've realised a problem with the game. Leveling.

Since eevee is always in your team, it is usually the highest leveled. Thats all fine and dandy, but problems occur when you use other pokemon for the rest of the team.
Spoiler:

----
I''ve been thinking of how to fix this.
I had the limiting band in prior versions, as a semi-fix. It would stop eevee from gaining EXP in return for extra money.

But the problem still existed where if you had a team of Lv40s, and added a lv10 pokemon to your team; it wouldn't be able to "catch-up" to the level 40s.

So basically, im revamping the limiting band.

Now. Instead of taking only Eevee's exp, it will remove your whole team's EXP. And give it to the lowest leveled team member. so that team member would get 4x the exp in every battle. (assuming you have 4 pokemon in your team)

It seems to be the best way to do it. i've looked at other solutions, but they all could be easy exploited. This system has nice automatic limitations.
1: Can't over-level a pokemon. since it'll always give it to the pokemon with the lowest exp.
2: Reserve team pokemon also don't gain any exp. So reserve team can't suddenly become much stornger than eevee.

One dilema is whether to cap off the EXP gain at 4x. Because right now, it doesn't take into account how much reserve pokemon you have. Because 7x exp seems a little too much exp for one pokemon.

Years
I had the limiting band in prior versions, as a semi-fix. It would stop eevee from gaining EXP in return for extra money.

But the problem still existed where if you had a team of Lv40s, and added a lv10 pokemon to your team; it wouldn't be able to "catch-up" to the level 40s.

Now. Instead of taking only Eevee's exp, it will remove your whole team's EXP. And give it to the lowest leveled team member. so that team member would get 4x the exp in every battle. (assuming you have 4 pokemon in your team)

It seems to be the best way to do it. i've looked at other solutions, but they all could be easy exploited. This system has nice automatic limitations.
1: Can't over-level a pokemon. since it'll always give it to the pokemon with the lowest exp.
2: Reserve team pokemon also don't gain any exp. So reserve team can't suddenly become much stornger than eevee.

One dilema is whether to cap off the EXP gain at 4x. Because right now, it doesn't take into account how much reserve pokemon you have. Because 7x exp seems a little too much exp for one pokemon.
I see a small problem with this. Say you have a level 32, 32, 32, and 31. Would the level 31 get 4x exp since it is the lowest level? To me that seems the problem you would face. Maybe you could give multiple limiting bands in the game or maybe even give some item that a pokemon can hold that will give them double exp (although there could be a problem with too high levels).

DarkDoom3000

Years
I see a small problem with this. Say you have a level 32, 32, 32, and 31. Would the level 31 get 4x exp since it is the lowest level? To me that seems the problem you would face. Maybe you could give multiple limiting bands in the game or maybe even give some item that a pokemon can hold that will give them double exp (although there could be a problem with too high levels).

Not really a problem, as that's how it's designed to work. The pokemon with the lowest level (actually, lowest exp) gets the Exp, while the rest of the party get nothing.

Yeah, that Lv31 pokemon would get the exp, but as soon it levels up and it's exp rises over one of the other pokemon it stops gaining exp and the new lowest leveled pokemon gets the 4x. and that keeps on happening. The role of the "lowest" pokemon will keep shifting after each battle if your pokemon have the same amount of exp.

You could even keep it on the whole game. (which is NOT reccomended since Reserve pokemon won't gain any bonus EXP)

Years
:D this looks really good , aside from looking like an old game but i understand your reasing, but all in all i love it just one question are you able to change Eevee at will or will it be stuck in one form?
{ps i found this roaming about the site so i'm pretty much new and haven't read what everyone said about this yet lol XD}

DarkDoom3000

Years
:D this looks really good , aside from looking like an old game but i understand your reasing, but all in all i love it just one question are you able to change Eevee at will or will it be stuck in one form?
{ps i found this roaming about the site so i'm pretty much new and haven't read what everyone said about this yet lol XD}

Yep, you can switch between forms, thats the main gimmic of the game. You can even do it in the middle of battle :)

Feature Update_________________________________________
This update is mainly about the map and navigation features.

Previously, the map was pretty simple. It showed you where you the places in the region,
and it showed you where you were. Now it's getting an upgrade.

Destination Marker

The first feature in the new map. It will display your current story destination.
It is very useful if you've taken a break from the game, or you've lost your way.

It dynamically updates as you progress along the storyline.
Before you get Eevee, it'll point to Tasto Creek but, after you get Eevee, it'll point to Ventus City.
As shown on the image below.
dynamicmap1.png
It's all 100% automatic, so you don't have to fiddle with it.

Blocked Paths

This feature I picked up from Silent Hill actually, a map that puts information on the map as you encounter it. Namely, blocked paths.

As you can see, if you've going along a path, and you find it's blocked, the map will actually mark that down.
dynamicmap2.png

The mark appear if you approach the obsticle. You don't need to interact with it, but usually if you're 5-10 steps away, it'll record.

It is very useful for keeping track of which parts of the map you can traverse to. It will recognise all obsticles: cut bushes, bodies of water, rocksmash rocks and even gaurds.

dynamicmap3.png

The obsticle markers will automatically dissapear once you can traverse them (eg: get gym badge, axe, pickaxe, surfboard, etc)

Bait Markers
Someone requested this a while ago; it's here now.
Whever you put rare candy in a bait spot, that spot will from then on, appear on your map.
The marker will change if a Pokemon has eaten the candy.
Pink Bait: Rare Candy
Pokeball: Corrupted Pokemon

Now you won't have to rely on your memory.

[Don't have pics right now :/]

Way-Points
Another feature that focuses on making navigation easier on the player. Waypoints.
I first got this off Bioshock, I really liked their automatic waypoints, it saved me from getting extremely lost in the game.

In the game now, you'll be able to enable waypoints.
Translucent arrows that show the way to your next destination.

waypointj.png

They work like the map's destination marker, automatically updating whenever your destination changes.
Very handy for people who aren't good with directions, or just want to skim through th game.

Early in the game, you will be asked if you want waypoints.
They will be able to be turned off.

Last edited:

Jared

Some Cool Kid
Years
Hmm... I think waypoints are a little bit "dumbed down" if you get what I mean. I think a quest log or some menu to tell you where you have to go, but to just give you arrows takes out the exploration and adventure to the game.

DarkDoom3000

Years
You can call Oak for directions too.

But I do get what you mean, and it does make the game dummed down,
at the same time;

I want the game to be as accessible as possible.

for some people, it might take some time for the game to click with them, so i've gotta make sure they get to that point. Happens to me a lot. I play a game, get lost. then just give up.
Also, the waypoints only exist for the main story. they won't show up for sidequests or anything.

It is completely optional; and i may even induce some sort of penalty for using it.

---------

Link to update- incase people missed it, since we're on a new page.

Last edited:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
The update looks good and a lot of thsoe features seem pretty helpful.

I'm not sure if you can but on the bait spot part can you make it so if you can checked the bait spot but haven't placed a rare candy down it will also appear on the map? As when I was playing I know I missed a fair few bait spots as I didn't have any rare candies at the time.

And a somewhat related question, in the latest demo are there enough rare candies for all the bait spots?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I haven't played this game much so I can't say for sure but demo 6 has been out for a while now and in case people haven't had problems playing through it, I don't think having waypoints is such a good idea (although you could "punish" the player for using it). I can't really say more about this, I just don't like it...

Destination marker is a good thing though, clearly avoids you from "getting stuck" in the middle of the game.

Anyway, keep it up !
I'll likely be starting the game again when you get the next demo up (or wait till the final version, dunno...) :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
Anyways, I've been working on some back-end stuff.

I've realised a problem with the game. Leveling.

Since eevee is always in your team, it is usually the highest leveled. Thats all fine and dandy, but problems occur when you use other pokemon for the rest of the team.

The original dilemma isn't that bad. Just take note of the amount of EXP that your main party members have (the ones you want to raise the new party member to), swap them for other pokes for a full party, and raise the new party member's EXP to that amount. Then switch back your main party members to have an even-leveled team.

Main point: Would it be possible to have both versions of the limiting band in the game?

Idea:
Leave the old version in as the 'limiting band', equipable only to Eeveelutions.
Add the new version in as 'EXP Magnet' or something like that. Use it as a hotkey item instead of an equip item, can't be used in battle. Switch it on to give 4x EXP to the lowest poke, turn it off for normal EXP distribution.

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Years
I think that's a good idea, maybe less experience from pokemon or something, or less money.

less money seems like the most balanced way. less exp seems overly harsh.

awsome! XD i cant wait to play this now when i get home ^o^

The update looks good and a lot of thsoe features seem pretty helpful.

I'm not sure if you can but on the bait spot part can you make it so if you can checked the bait spot but haven't placed a rare candy down it will also appear on the map? As when I was playing I know I missed a fair few bait spots as I didn't have any rare candies at the time.

And a somewhat related question, in the latest demo are there enough rare candies for all the bait spots?
Thats a good idea; im gonna go add that in.

Theres gonna be technically unlimited quantities of rare candies; as you will be able to refine berries into rare candies. also on the rare occasion- you'll get a rare candy straight from the tree.

But there will make sure there's enough via item pickups.

I'll also be adding an optional item which tells you which pokemon a bait spot attracts; so you can pick and choose which spots you'd prefer.

Oh man, I'm glad there's somebody else that thinks this way! I think people forget sometimes that the player isn't the enemy, haha. I like to imagine that someone is going to be playing my game that's maybe quit after Pokemon Red, even though that probably won't be the case. But it helps when designing things!

Gotta say though, I love absolutely everything you're doing here as usual. I absolutely adore that region map, haha.

I haven't played this game much so I can't say for sure but demo 6 has been out for a while now and in case people haven't had problems playing through it, I don't think having waypoints is such a good idea (although you could "punish" the player for using it). I can't really say more about this, I just don't like it...

Destination marker is a good thing though, clearly avoids you from "getting stuck" in the middle of the game.

Anyway, keep it up !
I'll likely be starting the game again when you get the next demo up (or wait till the final version, dunno...) :D

You would be suprised. I've seen some Let's Plays where some people get lots in the most trivial ways.

The only reason theres usually not much discussed about it is because if people usually get lost, they tend to loose interest in the game and don't bother asking in the thread where to go.

I just want to make it easier for people who haven't ever played a pokemon game. (or even a game in general?)

The original dilemma isn't that bad. Just take note of the amount of EXP that your main party members have (the ones you want to raise the new party member to), swap them for other pokes for a full party, and raise the new party member's EXP to that amount. Then switch back your main party members to have an even-leveled team.

Main point: Would it be possible to have both versions of the limiting band in the game?

Idea:
Leave the old version in as the 'limiting band', equipable only to Eeveelutions.
Add the new version in as 'EXP Magnet' or something like that. Use it as a hotkey item instead of an equip item, can't be used in battle. Switch it on to give 4x EXP to the lowest poke, turn it off for normal EXP distribution.

gooood point. the Limiting Band will stay; EXP stabiliser will exist as a sperate item.

Ill outline the situation in which i thought the EXP stabiliser was needed.

if you had eeveeon, typlosion, pupitar and you added in a mareep to your team; then swapped out typlosion and pupitar, while giving eeveeon a limiting band.

Then after training for ages; you finally reach the same level. Ad swap out the training pokemon back for typlosion and pupitar; I feel like you're sorta wasting EXP on the training pokemon. Not to mention; it's a lot of work for just to add a new pokemon to your team. which means people tend to stick to pokemon they caught around the start of the game.

So the EXP stabiliser just takes the EXP the training pokemon (and eevee) would get and gives it to the new pokemon. Making it easy for new pokemon to catch up.

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
I completely forgot about being able to make new items, seeing as it's something I keep saying I will do later and pretty sure I've never seen rare candies on trees then after reading your post I have found two so far.

On an other note is there a route 9? The maps says it should be between route 10 and Imbibo lake but upon going there I just go from route 10 straight to the lake. Mainly wanting to know as from the Pokemon location list you've made, it says Snubbull should be there and it's the only location I have left to find for corrupted Pokémon.

Last edited:
Back