• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saga - Pokémon DarkViolet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Just place the patch on the first post. I started my own hack too, but it seems Viridian City (obviously tentative) doesn't like Honey trees. Stupid palette 7.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Alright, so what's attached to this post is the amount of progress I've made before I discovered that the Battle Pyramid and the Repels became fail. You can do this:
*Get a starter
*Walk around Route 1
*Walk around Viridian City only to be stopped by an angry old man
*Go into the PokeMart and get a parcel
*Watch Blue call you a noob at Route 1
*Oak will give you and Blue a Pokedex at Route 1
*You can battle Blue at Route 22

... and that's pretty much it.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Alright, so what's attached to this post is the amount of progress I've made before I discovered that the Battle Pyramid and the Repels became fail. You can do this:
*Get a starter
*Walk around Route 1
*Walk around Viridian City only to be stopped by an angry old man
*Go into the PokeMart and get a parcel
*Watch Blue call you a noob at Route 1
*Oak will give you and Blue a Pokedex at Route 1
*You can battle Blue at Route 22

... and that's pretty much it.

Thanks a lot, Chaos! This might be interesting!

But these are Emerald hacks, that's what you get. If you're going to start Emerald... remake the sprites. Please. RSE sprites are sad.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Here's how I'm doing on Ruby:
newdarkviolet.png

See, lol, it looks exacly like Emerald now, you can't even tell that I actually switched from Emerald to Ruby. Only problem is during Menus and Multi-choices, Emerald uses a black arrow to select things, while Ruby uses a red box. I have no idea how to change that...

King Koopa

The Dark Spriter >>>>
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
nice hack ;) does this have D/P pokemon such as dialga, palkia, and regigigas?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020

No.

Here's how I'm doing on Ruby:
newdarkviolet.png

See, lol, it looks exacly like Emerald now, you can't even tell that I actually switched from Emerald to Ruby. Only problem is during Menus and Multi-choices, Emerald uses a black arrow to select things, while Ruby uses a red box. I have no idea how to change that...

Yeah, it looks real good right now! Try finding the menu in unLZ and change the box to an arrow.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Why the hell would I put 4th Gen Pokemon in a 3rd Gen-style game.

Yeah, it looks real good right now! Try finding the menu in unLZ and change the box to an arrow.
I seriously doubt it's in unLZ, and even if that was possible, I would have to re-position everything, which probably requires asm.

that looks PERFECT, btw is that the same tileset?
Yep. I could very easily import everything straight from Emerald. Though Ruby can't use Palette 12, so I had to re-arrange some stuff.

And here's some new graphics:
63026108.png

Is this Pokemon FireRed? Or is this Pokemon Ruby? Mwahahahaha...

Could a mod please change the prefix to Ruby?
EDIT: Nevermind, I'm gonna have to go back to Emerald.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Why the hell would I put 4th Gen Pokemon in a 3rd Gen-style game.

I seriously doubt it's in unLZ, and even if that was possible, I would have to re-position everything, which probably requires asm.

Yep. I could very easily import everything straight from Emerald. Though Ruby can't use Palette 12, so I had to re-arrange some stuff.

And here's some new graphics:
63026108.png

Is this Pokemon FireRed? Or is this Pokemon Ruby? Mwahahahaha...

Could a mod please change the prefix to Ruby?
the sceenshot is ruby :P and gud luck

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I've been encountering some music issues, so I may have to switch back to Emerald. But I'm probably going to go 32mb this time, to see if it helps. It seemed easier on Emerald because it has the entire FR/LG soundtrack.

billios

Water Pokémon Master
Years
Whatever it's built on, this game looks like it's gonna be epic! Can't wait 'till my connection stops playing up and I can download it!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Yeah, I reported your post to change your prefix to Ruby.

Anyway, 32MB? Wow- how do you increase a ROM size?

billios

Water Pokémon Master
Years
I've been encountering some music issues, so I may have to switch back to Emerald. But I'm probably going to go 32mb this time, to see if it helps. It seemed easier on Emerald because it has the entire FR/LG soundtrack.

Yeah, I reported your post to change your prefix to Ruby.

Anyway, 32MB? Wow- how do you increase a ROM size?
It's gonna be built on emerald again now.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I have yet to make a final decision. I'll experiment for a few weeks and then decide. This would be a lot easier to do on Ruby if I simply decided to use Hoenn music, but I strongly believe that a Kanto game should have Kanto music.

EDIT: Since AdvanceMap doesn't support 32mb roms properly, here's what I'm going to do if I decide to use Emerald:
Similar to was JPAN did in his hacked FireRed engine, I'm going to blank all the scripts (except the Battle Frontier), and maybe even all the maps too (except Battle Frontier). Then I'll change my rom's header to VILT or something like that, and then I'll create a new entry in AdvanceMap's ini due to me blanking most of the maps & scripts.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I have yet to make a final decision. I'll experiment for a few weeks and then decide. This would be a lot easier to do on Ruby if I simply decided to use Hoenn music, but I strongly believe that a Kanto game should have Kanto music.

EDIT: Since AdvanceMap doesn't support 32mb roms properly, here's what I'm going to do if I decide to use Emerald:
Similar to was JPAN did in his hacked FireRed engine, I'm going to blank all the scripts (except the Battle Frontier), and maybe even all the maps too (except Battle Frontier). Then I'll change my rom's header to VILT or something like that, and then I'll create a new entry in AdvanceMap's ini due to me blanking most of the maps & scripts.
gud luck of u do that and kool hack

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Okay, so here's what I did in the past few days:
I got a clean Emerald rom, and I blanked out most of the scripts (I didn't blank out anything from 0x23D1A5 to 0x2693FE in order to leave the Battle Frontier intact). I was making somewhat decent progress, and yet today when I was re-inserting the scripts for Oak's lab, for some reason the game kept freezing every time I entered it. I tried re-pointing some stuff (the problem was with a level script), and things still didn't work correctly. Then I clicked on some random maps only to find out that the indoor tileset has been partially blanked, and the underwater tileset had been completely blanked, even though I haven't even messed with those tilesets.

So basically, I'm going to stop working on this until AdvanceMap supports 7 digit offsets. I am so tired of random tilesets blanking out that it's impossible for me to do an Emerald hack that's under 16mb, so I'm going to expand to 32mb, but I can't work like that until the next AdvanceMap comes out. The reason why I'm not doing this on Ruby is because it's a pain in the ass porting FR/LG music, and it just comes out terribly, and I've always wanted to do this on Emerald anyway. IMO, Emerald is basically unhackable if you're staying with 16mb. Or maybe Emerald is actually unstable...

For now, I'm going to work on "Pokemon Saga - Platinum" and "Pokemon Saga - HeartGold", which will be much simpler hacks. I'm also going to work on an original hack that's unrelated to Pokemon Saga, though production on DarkViolet and Jade will resume once the new AdvanceMap comes out.

EDIT: Okay, screw the new AdvanceMap and 32mb roms, I'm just going to try and do this on Emerald in 16mb. I'm just going to keep making backups to prevent screw ups. So the final descision is...

THIS IS AN EMERALD HACK!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
So here's what I've been doing recently, all on Emerald:

68651977.png

New textbox.

56389650.png

Unfortunately I've decided to use the standard Emerald sprites in order to save space. Maybe someday in the future I'll use FR/LG sprites...

28390646.png

But look on the bright side, I've finally figured out how to make the backsprite a different palette than the Trainer Card sprite!

45245611.png

Here's the revision of the Pokemon Center. You can now view AND reset the clock at any Pokemon Center.

59234302.png

17551359.png

The annoying old man will completely walk out of his way just to prevent you from going through.

21108434.png

Some indoor tiles :D. (ignore the Wingull sprite)

32908962.png

New PokeMart. It's similar to FR/LG, but now there's 2 clerks, and the sales method is now the same as D/P/Pt/HG/SS.

58785174.png

I have FINALLY reached Route 2.

65533755.png

97738719.png

38584301.png

Like I said, optional. Red/Green will always have the starter that's weak to yours.

17485014.png

76458524.png

Blue, on the other hand, will always have the starter that's strong to yours.

78130940.png

Wait... does this mean...

91253557.png

OHMYGOSH IT'S VIRIDIAN FOREST

70483917.png

50335354.png

27609205.png

That is all :P. Much closer to Beta 1 than any of my previous incarnations (ShadowAmethyst, Saga Adventure, bleh...)

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
Ah it back in business.
I love the update keep up the good work as always Chaos Rush.:classic:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back