• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
A glitch at Necropolis hub ... can not go through the lower two stones .... please help ... really wanna play ...

EDIT:: Cutlerine , When are you planning to fix the glitch , I really wanna play forward ..

Last edited:

Skizzieren

- to outline; design
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 29, 2013
I just started playing Snakewood yesterday. I've been meaning to play it for a few months now, and I was expecting a fun playthrough. The first hour or so of playing has been really fun! The whole zombie thing is a great plot, and I love the hilarious dialogue with NPC's. "His body has been hollowed out with someone's teeth. It looks like you could slip into his corpe and wear it like a suit." -funny stuff.

The only thing negative I've noticed so far is that it's been slightly difficult to beat some trainers. With a little exp boosting, it was fine, though. I'm looking forward to finishing this.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
Well, I have successfully beaten the Pokemon League! I guess that means... I'm not through with the game? I must say, this is a pretty good ROM hack.
However... As much as I enjoyed it, I have a few things to complain about...

Wonderguard... Do you know why only Shedinja had it? Cause it had 7 exploitable weaknesses. :/ And 1 HP. You however have just slapped on a few Pokemon, even one with no weaknesses!! That isn't funny, it's just irritating. Had to Toxic stall that thing to beat the champion, I tried to PP struggle, but it had A LOT OF HP. And then the full restores... UGH.

Unbalanced stats. I know how fakemon designers love giving ridiculous stats to Pokemon, but having an upper hand is far from totally destroying everything. Kenchukuo. He is bulky, has 160+ speed and attack, speed boost, AND BELLY DRUM. I caught him. And nothing can stop him. Blaziken was ubered because of Swords dance and speedboost, and you made it 10 times worse! His stats are not balanced in the lease, you don't make the special stat non existant like you did... what is it, like 20? Machamp's special is like 70 or so. And Machamp is as about as physical as it gets. Faceleech was a pain, but I give you props... It may be unspeedable and hits like a train, but dies to anything. Priorty kills it, always. A little more balanced, but you could of done better... And then A monster... wut?

You lost me. I LOVED it at the beginning, the whole Zombie invasion thing... YOU HAD ME SO EXCITED! <33 Looting bodies and killing undead, that's how I like my Pokemon. ;w; However, the story... It got too crazy and out of hand, way to hard to follow. Was it to hard to just stick with a zombie apocalypse? Dragons? Really? And some other leaders of blah blah blah, it is very forgettable and repetitive. I really would have preferred just fighting the undead... I know you worked hard on all of this (or someone did) and I apologize for criticizing it so, but I'm only giving my opinion.. You should of kept it plain and simple. It started stinking when you met that first group with the big hair.. And, I liked the feeling of being alone.. But too many side characters ruined that feeling. It's more scary when it is you against the world, you know?
tl;dr Too much spiritual and otherwordly stuff, stick to zombies.

Movesets. You didn't even update the movesets of the starter Pokemon! I chose Baltoy, and was sad to see all of it's moves were unchanged... You should of given it some kind of Ground STAB. (I actually put Magnitude on Baltoy's list on the Ruby ROM, so I had a little easier) Some Pokemon need to get certain moves, and others need certain moves sooner. Most of your Fakemon didn't get very reliable moves, or got worthless ones at late levels.

But despite all that... I had a lot of fun with this game! ^^ You and your team did a lot of great work! There wasn't any noticeable glitches I have to report, except for a few tiny graphical issues, but hey, those don't matter. The game was fun and challenging too! I died, a lot. XD The level balance was great, usually on par with my team! No grinding on Wild Pokemon to do, except at the beginning. I will continue playing the game, doing all the extra stuff~

f you EVER made a game with just a straight, zombie apocalypse approach... I would love it so~ <33 You did great work here!

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Just got back into playing this after a long break... found Culterine in the Madio Caves telling me an area wasn't completed. :P

I gather that you're not working on this anymore, but I'm just curious, what was that going to be?

EDIT: I've run into a fight with an invisible Deadly Seven on my first time entering Lilycove. It's on a single tile, and can easily be avoided. I remember there being talk about this earlier, but would really not prefer to comb through the thread... Am I supposed to be fighting them here, or is it a glitch?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
I can't find HM 08 Dive anywhere. ='c Was I supposed to get it when I beat the Dead 'Seven'? Did I not get it because I lost to Senex? ;3; When I went back, everyone was gone. I don't know what to do, help? D:

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
How do i evolve my sneasal? I just figured it was some simple lvl up until i ran into a Trainer with a weavile a lower level than my snesal. Also is there a move relearner of some sort? In this game it's extremely easy to miss out on moves.

Also, while staggering around the cave north of Mt Pyre i ended up in little root and jumped down a pond and ended up in the submarine. The captian guy keeps telling me that i need to fix the elevator, but it's already working. how do i get out of here?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
I can't find HM 08 Dive anywhere. ='c Was I supposed to get it when I beat the Dead 'Seven'? Did I not get it because I lost to Senex? ;3; When I went back, everyone was gone. I don't know what to do, help? D:
i think now everything is lost.may be you might have to restart the game.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
How do i evolve my sneasal? I just figured it was some simple lvl up until i ran into a Trainer with a weavile a lower level than my snesal. Also is there a move relearner of some sort? In this game it's extremely easy to miss out on moves.

Also, while staggering around the cave north of Mt Pyre i ended up in little root and jumped down a pond and ended up in the submarine. The captian guy keeps telling me that i need to fix the elevator, but it's already working. how do i get out of here?

Sneasel evolves on level up .. I think around 40+ ... Yeah thats a bug, once you jump into the submarine (after completing the events) , you can not get out ..

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
God I'm lost

Sneasel evolves on level up .. I think around 40+ ... Yeah thats a bug, once you jump into the submarine (after completing the events) , you can not get out ..

yea, i found the answers to all my questions the hard way. Oh and for anyone who doesn't know, i'm almost 99% sure sneasel evolves from happiness, seeing as how i've come across trainers with varying weavile levels. I can't confirm this due to the fact that my sneasel evolved in his late 40's tho. The move relearner is in lilycove and the game breaking bug was my own fault. One is not allowed to go through that staircase untill they obtained the strength TM through legal methods.

Now For actual problems I beat the pokemon league but as most know the game somewhat falls apart post game in regards to letting you know whats going on. I am lost as to how to get to Sootopolis. I went to Solar cavern and followed sign pointing toward the Sunstone rock but when i got to the vespa part there was nothing no sunstone rock, no different area, nothing. There was only the usual mach bike puzzle and at the end excalibur i tryed leaving to trigger the next event but there was no call, no further instructions, nothing. When went into the sewer I got the call and did the mission but was that all to do in there? A battle against a pokemon that i won't spoil and then nothing? When i talked to the man again he simply acted as if nothing had happened. I also have no idea what just went on in the lilycove musem.I'm still very much lost and confused and i know this is a wall of text but i would love for someone to read this and assist me.

EDIT: Ok, i hate being that person but this game is anything but normal and linear. I already beat the pokemon league, however during my second time running through Victory road, i was stopped by turbulance and forced to fight again. is this normal?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2011
i patched snakewood to ruby, but when i play it, it says it can't open the ruby file anymore and that it's an unsupported file, what did i do wrong?

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2012
probably a noobish question but i just downloaded this and I cant get past the opening screen. Right now I've been trying to play this by using the keyboard but even after I configure the controls the keyboard isn't responding. Should I just buy an Xbox 360 usb link or is it possible to have the keyboard work? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me

Skizzieren

- to outline; design
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 29, 2013
Ok, I'm posting again just because this hack is one of the best and most enjoyable I've ever played! There SO many parts that make me laugh, and this story is getting crazy. I just got past the whole "Deadly Seven" place, which I particularly loved.

ExGiygas

The Madman In The TV
Years
This hack is pretty cool! I played an earlier version of this (Not sure how early), and I liked it alot. :D

One thing though, how many characters from other games/movies/anime/etc. are there anyway? I started to wonder this when I looked at the Achievements and it showed:

Spoiler:

Is Gurren Laggan's most manly dude involved somehow? O_o

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2014
can ask, im playing pokemon snakewood, it very fun game...
but i hava a problem...
after defeating asimov, (the pacifidlog gym), to go to further city, 'i must pay respect to deadly seven because of asimov' how can i do that?

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Hello everyone....um, i need your help. I'm stuck in fortree city, at the university. I've talked to Godot, i've talked to Veracity, i've talked to every single character in the university and battled everyone. But still there's no camera pokemon in the basement, i go there and it's empty.
Furthermore, at the second floor, there are still two people who say "what's up those last stairs behind me...it's a secret/mystery"
I know the steps i'm supposed to follow, but there''s no sentient camera X32763 in the basement, even ithough i've done anything that i'm supposed to do...
Please answer and thanks in advance..

Back