• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When will you quit playing Pokemon?

At what age?

• Total voters

Zapperz

colour swapper!
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Hmm.. I doubt Ill ever stop playing pokemon. However I do tend to take short breaks from playing it. I do know this though, I wont stop playing pokemon regardless because Ive been addicted to it ever since it came out and I like this addiction :}

Pinta77

As long as they keep making games, I'll keep playing them.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
A lot of the posts in here are over-exaggerating, but to be fair it's not really possible to give an accurate or proper response to this topic. You never know when you'll quit something, so all the "'til death" posts...they could end up quitting the franchise as early as next year.

I didn't think I'd quit early myself, especially since I was hooked with competitive battling, but it happened, and it was for the best. A cousin who's in college planned to stop before B/W's announcement but ended up getting the game anyway. (Though I think he stopped for good now. lol)

Honestly, and forgive me for saying this, but I think it's a bit silly to believe you won't quit at an early age, or ever, given that it's almost guaranteed you'd be busy with far more important things the more you grow up...well unless you're that gullible. And when you think about it, it's for the best. It's only natural as well, it's in the human nature to change interest and move on.

Basically, it's impossible to predict when you'll quit. However, I think a good question will be...should you lose interest or take a break, would you come back to it? That's something that's worth wondering about.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
The only way I would ever quit pokemon is if it turned into a pool of bile.

Seeing as that won't happen, I'll never quit. Pokemon has been a trend that stuck with me ever since I was a boy. I don't see myself quitting now. :D

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
Never. I see no reason for me to stop playing, especially with the resources I have at my disposal now that have made finding certain Pokemon easier than it used to be when I was 6 or 7 playing Pokemon LeafGreen and being so surprised to see Pikachu that early in the game.

Sukisu

Dark Trainer
Years
Til Death. Even though I plan to be with buried with all my pokemon games and game consoles and carrying cases. And have my ds with the current pokemon game on my stomach and a classic gameboy with pokemon red in my hands as I'm being buried.......ok now I have a plan for my funeral.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I will never ever quit playing Pokemon!! I will always find something to do in the games and have more games to buy when I have the money. Pokemon is never-ending. :D

Reactions: EB

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'd probably say never, because I plan to pass down my interest in Pokemon to my little nieces, nephews, and even my future children (if I ever decide!). Pokemon was the franchise that sealed my childhood, and I hope it can interest them. :3

In short terms, until I die. :P

Don Bastio

Banned
Years
i haven't been really into pokemon since the gameboys era (Pokemon snap got me to give Pokemon a chance lol), now its just a game i like. ill probably quit once i completely get bored of it.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
At what age?
10+ No
20+ No
30+ No
40+ No
50+ No
'Til death No
Not at a specific age, etc.
When the world ends Possibly

Even if the world ends, I won't stop playing Pokemon unless Pokemon gets destroyed, because it would be too much effort to find the games.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I guess when I lose interest in it.
I've been playing for a few months short of two years and I don't have much of an attention span for interests.

Pryze

Straight chillin
Years
I have no intentions of quitting Pokemon, as the competitive aspect still gives me a thrill, but I can safely say that I'll lose interest in the game someday. Probably near age 18 or 20. Too early to tell.

Vαηєℓℓσρє

ωнαт ωαѕ, ιѕ, αη∂ ωιℓℓ вє...
Years
Until I die, or I literally don't have the time to play anymore. But I can seriously see myself as a 70 year-old woman picking up my gameboy/nintendo DS and just freaking playing pokemon. That would be... amazing

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

I did already, sorta, out of repetitiveness. Already what, like, 9 games on the DS using the same goddamn engine (or 5 if you do not count version polar opposites). I didn't even bother with White 2 (might get it in the near future, though.) The formula is too perfected to change most likely, but with most games nowadays being action games (Mario, Zelda, etc... Heck Wii Sports) I think there should be some ARPG spinoffs. That's why I liked Pokemon Rumble Blast, screw the reviews.

I also hate how the veteran fans get no love, and they are mostly focusing on the little kids when it comes to marketing/advertising material. They release every single game to be E for Everyone to stay on the safe side and have all the kids buy it, and anyone who wants to play a bit of a non-child friendly Pokemon can go to hell (And they made our favorite characters disappear in favor of others in the anime). I see this as a "Thank you guys for your money, we don't need you anymore."

So, yeah, if touching Pokemon SoulSilver or White once in a blue moon doesn't count, I stopped Pokemon.

Please don't direct hate at me, but's that's how I see it.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I did quit for awhile, but I'm not sure when I'll quit again. It's just one of those things where you lose interest all of a sudden, with no reasonable explanation. Not sure when it'll happen again, but I can't think it'll be in the near future.

Years
I've been playing Pokemon for 13 years and I guess, I will never stop. Of course, there are times when I don't have much time or when there are games that I'm more into than Pokemon but I always come back to Pokemon after a while :)
Black 2/White 2 just proved to me that it will never get old.

BroskiRage

neatest kid
Years
i started out with gold since then i didn't stop playing until black and white came graphics were good but it was never like gold or ruby so i stopped for a while then my friend told me about black and white 2 now im playing Pokemon a little more now,

AND since i found out about ROM hacking know that's my new hobby

Back