• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sweet Version v1.0

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
ok i'd thought i'd do a review for this game since i finished it to let the creator and everyone know if it's worthwhile and fun

1. 3/4 of the fakemon look great. which means the fakemon sprites look great
2. there was only about 10 fakemon i hated
3. made me hungry (lol)
4.; loved the theme of candy, chocolate and anything sweet to be made of a region and pokemon.
5. the ending was really unexpected at least for me.
6. the trainer sprites for Red and the brendan (i think in sweet version his name was Luke) sprite could have been redone like Katia's sprite
7. another thing Katias overworld sprite could have been a lot better.
8. 2 or 3 bugs and glitches which one crashed the game
9. One of the bugs was a Pirate having the classic (?) with no HP (don't know what it's called)
10. another one was one i couldn't quite figure out with the signs in Rainbow City.
11. the last one was i think a couple of trainers you couldn't talk to as they didn't have text but at least they didn't crash the game.
12. the Firered Overworld was kept fresh due to it looking great with the colourful overworld retexture. (who doesn't love candy and chocolate coloured grass and floors)
13. some of the story events were the same (example Silph Co) which kinda felt like i was playing the same firered again
14. but a better point from point number 13 is there was new events in the old pewter Musuem and other places
15. i found a couple of inappropriate sayings which i knew what you were referring to which to me was a bit disturbing
16. what i mean is if you read a couple of times the creator tried to use sweets with some weird stuff but i found it humourous which was ok but not great
17. the endgame could have been a little bit better, Example: adding the sweet version of Sevii islands.
18. enjoyed playing through it a lot
19. loved the backstory of this game.
20. last point. Didn't like that sailors were called chefs but whatever

Overall Review 7/10. Decent-good hack which could have had less bugs and glitches and more endgame and less inappropriate humour, but great fakemon design and overworld retexture which made it worth replaying. i would suggest giving it a go if you like sweets, candy, chocolate, etc but if you don't like replaying original firered events than i don't know if you should play it or not but there is some added events which make me say it's up to you whether or not you can play it but it's glorious for it's time.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
sorry to ask this question but are you planning to make a new hack someday? i understand if you can't as i hate asking this question plus hacks are a work of art. you don't get money for them plus it's hard work. once again sorry for asking.

Last edited:

TheBatPrince

Banned
Years
sorry to ask this question but are you planning to make a new hack someday? i understand if you can't as i hate asking this question plus hacks are a work of art. you don't get money for them plus it's hard work. once again sorry for asking.

Hey lol, I feel bad!

You don't have to be so apologetic and self-bashing. It's okay. (I counted 2 apologies, and 2 sympathies)

Fanbases in other Games out there are even CRAZIER, and have BEEN crazier 1000x fold more than anything you're asking for. It's fine dude!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 29, 2022
I know this is old, but I found a bug. It's not game breaking to my knowledge but it's something ig. If, before choosing a starter but after speaking to the professor, you press the L/R button, it will reset the event for you picking your Pokemon and you will have to talk to the Professor again and your rival's will then merge and walk north offscreen. The presents still disappear and you still battle them but it was freaky.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 8, 2023
Good old Sweet, remember Patterz playing through this a couple of years ago.

Years
Just finished this game and i want to share some of my thoughts on what bothers me the most on this game: The moves.
Lots, i mean LOTS of pokesweet don´t even learn moves of their own type or don´t learn strong moves of their own type! Like, why?
I had a green Kabuto that i really wanted to use, but i just get upset because he evolves too late and don´t even have decent attacks.
I then used a Lime Bisharp, super strong physical attack but the only strong lime move he got was cut with 50 power.

I wasted 20+ hours at the end of the game trying to build a team with decent attacks, i trained every single pokesweet and then i realized how unbalanced this game was (for the attacks), like, lots pokesweets don´t learn moves of their type (i know i´m repeating myself but this really makes me sad), some others get special moves but they are actually physical attackers. Oh, one thing that made me crazy, my Raspberry umbreon can´t learn Psychic, a Raspberry move! Why? I trained that eevee for nothing. I had to use the Psychic tm on my Meganium who didn´t had a raspberry attack...

After hours of frustration i ended up with a team of only two pokesweets: Meganium and Cryogonal.
-Cryogonal sets sun
-Meganium gets double speed and free solarbeams
-Cryogonal gets boosted flamethrower
-That´s it for the league

Don´t get me wrong, the game can be fun to play. You can try to collect all the pokesweets , use the bakery to get some poffins (i wasted a lot of time here lol), the tileset really makes me hungry, the sprites are well made (not all of them, some are just recollors or little edits).
I´m pretty sure that the 2nd hack is more balanced and well made but it would be interesting to revise all pokesweets movesets for this game because people will often come to play the first one and then the 2nd. (Yeah i know the chances of updating this hack are very low but i just wanted to say it anyway).

Tixelpip

Pokémon Sweet Fan! :D
Years
I know this is old, but does anyone know how I can get this working on 3DS CFW GBA Virtual Console injection. I am desperate to play this on my 3DS CFW using Virtual Console. :)

Years
  • Age 50
  • Seen Dec 1, 2022
Pokémon sweet edition

Pokémon sweet edition?
Do I need a game boy to play it on?
Can I download the game into an Apple MacBook?
Can I play on a phone?
Can I find it for a Nintendo switch?

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 4, 2022
Im trying to run this on emu deck but it constantly freezes before it fully starts. I am new to emulating, but could it be the emulator? or the rom I patched this onto. I am extremly intrigued by this even though I haven't played much pokemon before and I wanted to check it out.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 16, 2023
Just finished this game and i want to share some of my thoughts on what bothers me the most on this game: The moves.
Lots, i mean LOTS of pokesweet don´t even learn moves of their own type or don´t learn strong moves of their own type! Like, why?
I had a green Kabuto that i really wanted to use, but i just get upset because he evolves too late and don´t even have decent attacks.
I then used a Lime Bisharp, super strong physical attack but the only strong lime move he got was cut with 50 power.

I wasted 20+ hours at the end of the game trying to build a team with decent attacks, i trained every single pokesweet and then i realized how unbalanced this game was (for the attacks), like, lots pokesweets don´t learn moves of their type (i know i´m repeating myself but this really makes me sad), some others get special moves but they are actually physical attackers. Oh, one thing that made me crazy, my Raspberry umbreon can´t learn Psychic, a Raspberry move! Why? I trained that eevee for nothing. I had to use the Psychic tm on my Meganium who didn´t had a raspberry attack...

After hours of frustration i ended up with a team of only two pokesweets: Meganium and Cryogonal.
-Cryogonal sets sun
-Meganium gets double speed and free solarbeams
-Cryogonal gets boosted flamethrower
-That´s it for the league

Don´t get me wrong, the game can be fun to play. You can try to collect all the pokesweets , use the bakery to get some poffins (i wasted a lot of time here lol), the tileset really makes me hungry, the sprites are well made (not all of them, some are just recollors or little edits).
I´m pretty sure that the 2nd hack is more balanced and well made but it would be interesting to revise all pokesweets movesets for this game because people will often come to play the first one and then the 2nd. (Yeah i know the chances of updating this hack are very low but i just wanted to say it anyway).

I think someone should go through the mons and make do a moveset overhaul hackception, like Vega Minus but for movepools.

Years
Hacks like this one are impressive... not just cause the spritework is often quite good, but because the mindset it takes to go "Pokemon... but it is basically just Bugsnax".

Back