• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ryen

Who's idea should we use for the second gym? (Ideas posted in the thread)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Thanks, but that's just the tip of the iceburg. There's still a lot I have to show in future updates.

Yeah it's just my mapping style. I'll see what I can do about editing some of the islands.

Thanks OG! Appreciate the comment!

I like the rest.inc feature a lot, it makes your game more realistic. You still have more to show? Can't wait.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
I like the rest.inc feature a lot, it makes your game more realistic. You still have more to show? Can't wait.
I was originally considering a camping feature though but it was scrapped after I saw several other games were using that idea.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Very nice job. I'm curious about that final evoloution to the new polemon you have, it looks strong. On a side note however, nice tiles ;)

P.S. Happy belated birthday

Last edited:

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Very nice job. I'm curious about that final evoloution to the new polemon you have, it looks strong. On a side note however, nice tiles ;)

Actually those 3 pokemon are either evo's or pre-evo's of various Pokemon. We're still designing new lines of Pokemon.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Hey shinylugia you have for us new update? Im waiting for demo. Good luck

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Hey shinylugia you have for us new update? Im waiting for demo. Good luck
Well I was actually getting an update together and here it is:

Update

capture205.png

(prototype, new one with protagonists and flosting gems coming soon...)
Tittle screen music currently custom remix of metroid zero mission tittle screen music...

Hmm Strange...:

I find it odd that nobody has even bothered to enter the contest yet. Is it because I forgot to mention the rewards from winning the contest are? Well the winner(s) get(s) a demo much earlier than the public does, get(s) their design to be in the game, and get(s) inserted into the game as one of the characters who is involved in a sidequest to obtain an HM Pokemon.

Are we ready to see the first Pokemon?:

Are you guys ready to see the first new Pokemon of the Ryen Region?

2i0g19u.png

Omnithorn is the first new Pokemon of the Ryen region! As a pre-evolution of Carnivine it still hasn't developed its craving for meat and still has small traits of a grass-eater. It sometimes attaches itself to thorns to capture pray or for protection. More info coming soon...

Where are the screens?:

Remember last update I said I would be updating the graphics of the game, well here are some screens of new tiles that have been put into the game:

First is the Pokemon Weather Institute. I want all the important buildings in the game to have their its custom tiles so I made this for the institute.

capture261.png

capture262.png

capture263.png

Next is the new Pokemon Gym. I didn't like my edit that I made of Kyledove's d/p gym so I made my own from scratch.

capture269.png

capture272.png

The city above is Gullport City, a city revealed a few updates ago.

Sneak Peak?:

Here's a sneak peak of what happen on your way to Florafoli Town:

capture246.png

What could be going on, and were you above water before coming here?

Closing Words...:

You guys can expect a demo real soon. Although this update was kinda small that doesn't mean many things aren't beign worked on! Stay tuned!

***We are looking for a Pokemon Spriter. Pm me if you're interested!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Man i cant believe no one has posted here. Whats the deal? Anyway...oh wait and no one has entered the contest? But yeah like I was about to say. Nice update bro the fakemon looks nice aswell as everything else. As always the tiles are nice! Keep it up.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I think I never checked this and I feel sorry for it!
The graphics look amazing, so does the detailing.
Err... One thing I don't understand:
What's the contest?
---------------------
Nvm, I found out.
Maybe I'll participate.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Man i cant believe no one has posted here. Whats the deal? Anyway...oh wait and no one has entered the contest? But yeah like I was about to say. Nice update bro the fakemon looks nice aswell as everything else. As always the tiles are nice! Keep it up.

Thanks, I really don't know why people aren't posting but It
really doesn't matter. My goal is to finish this game and get a demo out.

I think I never checked this and I feel sorry for it!
The graphics look amazing, so does the detailing.
Err... One thing I don't understand:
What's the contest?
---------------------
Nvm, I found out.
Maybe I'll participate.

Thanks dude, and hope to see your contest entry
if you decide to enter the contest!

Mini-Update

capture205.png

Tittle screen music currently custom remix of metroid zero mission tittle screen music...

New indoor tiles?:

I've been working on new indoor tiles for Ryen. Hehe at the rate I'm making changes I'm not going to have any of Nintendo's tiles in Ryen. Well here's a small sample of the new indoor tiles in Ryen:

r94qyv.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Those tiles are impressive SL keep it up.lol no tiles of nintendo lol I believe it too

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
The whole look of this game is really good. It's very bright and the map work looks detailed enough.
The new indoor tiles are well done. I love the computer desktop to the left of the screenshot.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Those tiles are impressive SL keep it up.lol no tiles of nintendo lol I believe it too

Thanks OI! We'll just to have to see if I can actually replace everything!

The whole look of this game is really good. It's very bright and the map work looks detailed enough.
The new indoor tiles are well done. I love the computer desktop to the left of the screenshot.
Thanks, Most of my tiles are based off platinum so I based that off the desk in the Resort House.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
The tiles are really nice (mainly the PC =p), but isn't is a bit weird to have three tables ad six chairs on a such small house?

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
The tiles are really nice (mainly the PC =p), but isn't is a bit weird to have three tables ad six chairs on a such small house?

I guess I wasn't taking that into consideration when making the map but it's just a test map to show the tiles so it doesn't really matter.

Atomic Reactor

the berries on those plants are a tad to bright.
but other than that, they're really neat :P

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Yay, I'm the first one to enter the contest ^^

Anyway here's my entry map:
Spoiler:

xD, I hope you like it.

//44tim44
I like the concept but it's a bit empty (although that really doesn't matter because I will edit the winning map in the end). I see some mistakes here and there such as the darker path which is used wrong (its used as a shadow for buildings). Nice map! Keep those entries coming!

Last edited:

cdrew

Spastic Video Game Designer
Years
yes that map is very empty. by the way i played through some of the new demo and i just can't believe how much it's changed. I got stuck when i battled the grass lady with the nidorino, but other than that i didn't really have any problems. I was gonna post a topic on my game but i need 15 posts so ill post it later.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
yes that map is very empty. by the way i played through some of the new demo and i just can't believe how much it's changed. I got stuck when i battled the grass lady with the nidorino, but other than that i didn't really have any problems. I was gonna post a topic on my game but i need 15 posts so ill post it later.

Glad to finally see you at PC! I can understand why you got stuck when fighting Florinda, She can be a challeging opponent!

Mini-Update

capture205.png

More Changes...?:

I'm going to haved a small section like this in every update to show what changes have been made to Ryen! Here are a few new tiles and the new hero ow!:

First the new gatehouse:

capture281.png

Now the new the new hero ow along with some other tiles currently beign worked on:

capture283.png

capture282.png

Closing Words - Follow the rules and enter your entries!:

Renember to provide a description of the tiles for the city when posting your entry and don't be afraid to enter your design! You many never know if you would've had a chance to win unless you actually do.

Oh and here's the list of the hm's you'll be able to use in order:

Surf - 1
Rocksmash - 2
Flash - 3
... the rest will be revealed soon...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back