• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Dude, awesome hack as of now. I do have a few questions because I'm too lazy to find the answers on my own. (jk, xD) Has anyone found where the magmarizer or where remoraid is? If you have, I would love to know.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2010
This hack of R/B/Y has a variety of cool Pokemon, I was amazed when I figured out Sinnoh Pokemon were included. New areas, challenging too. This hack is my favorite so far. Awesome job Coolboyman.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Anyone found a Houndour or Sneasel yet? Just because of Houndy I chose Squirtle as a Starter, instead of Charmander like I usually do. Well that and I wanted to try something new =)

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Anyone found a Houndour or Sneasel yet? Just because of Houndy I chose Squirtle as a Starter, instead of Charmander like I usually do. Well that and I wanted to try something new =)
I believe you can find Houndour in the Pokemon Mansion in Castro Valley. I don't know about sneasel though.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Alright, the glitch with withdrawing Pokemon from the PC won't mess up your Pokedex anymore. Just patch to a clean Red ROM and you can continue where you left off, however your own will be 0 at the time, sorry. I REALLY hope this fixed it up, I had lots of trouble with this before.

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
Umm... Where do you find the Silph Scope? All I found in Castro Mansion was a Rare Bone, and I thought it was in place of the Silph Scope, but it didn't work.

EDIT: Oh whoops, I meant the Virus Scan lol. Thanks Coolboyman, I found it now, I can't believe i didn't notice the rocks moving xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
The newer patch includes the fixed trainer and pokedex glitches, right?

Edit - Sorry, should have read first post >.>

Anyhow, CBM, do you have any type of speech planned due to this release?

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
So.......ok I'll ask again

Do I have to finish 1.0 BEFORE I patch this update and do I patch the same red rom file I already patched for 1.0??? Or do I have to patch a clean version?

Will my save file be affected?

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
So.......ok I'll ask again

Do I have to finish 1.0 BEFORE I patch this update and do I patch the same red rom file I already patched for 1.0??? Or do I have to patch a clean version?

Will my save file be affected?

Patch to a clean red rom

Your save file will not be affected. This same save file will work for any pomemon red based game, try loading it up with another romhack like Team Rocket Edition to see.

Edit - Also, make sure you actually load up from an in-game save. Using a savestate when switching between the old and the new might not work

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Oh man, when I first saw the prefix "Red Hack" I totally flipped out. But then I saw it was good ol' Pokémon Brown :)
Well done, Coolboyman! I can't wait to play this. Unfortunately, it's getting late here but I'll be SURE to play this first thing tomorrow.
Keep up the excellent work!

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Ok so there are "trade stones" now.......sounds like a great thing

What about other pokemon that are not in 1.0..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back