• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Tbh that's one of my favorite parts :3 I like imaging hundreds of baby Lapras in the ocean, confusing the swimmers and just in general being cute because Lapras are awesome. But that doesn't make you equally uncomfortable with IV breeding? xD

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
Well,think about mass-breeding Yamasks that are born form the souls of dead humans?
Also,if there were an over population of Lapras, there would be lack of food Lapras eat,and others eat too,creating an domino effect,that could cause in the end.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think...you may be overthinking it a bit, lol.

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
Perhaps,I'm passioante about the things I love,
but what I dislike the most about shinnies,is that some people over price them due to their shininess

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
I mean in Trading Shops
Some people treat a shiny Voltorb as worth as a Graveler sometimes,
and what ticks me more is that some people take the offer.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I don't really get your point lol. I think a Shiny Voltorb is waaaayy more worth than a Graveler? Or what do you mean XD

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
I meant that, Voltorb is weaker than Graveler, is probably just hatched,when a Graveler is EV Traiend,IV trained and all,and just the shiny coloration doesn't cut it ...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I think this is all based on opinion. While you may not think shinies are worth it, others enjoy shinies, and are willing to trade said Gravelers for a Shiny that they want. There are some shinies that I have always wanted (like Shiny Mareep), and chances are I would probably trade an EV/IV trained Graveler for it.

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
True,this is my POV and I shouldn't be trying to impose it.
I just don't think it's morally right.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Eh. When it comes down to it, Pokemon are Pixels. I'm not sure if anything has to be morally right or wrong with it comes to pixels. Now if Pokemon were real, then maybe.

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
People get attached,it's like that favorite and ever needed blanket you had when you were a kid.
But if you don't think so ... who am I to disagree/
Anyways I don't like IV training, or EV training,or whatever.
This seem to be drone-ification of Pokemon ...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I used to be like that, but that was also when I refused to use Pokemon that weren't pretty too. So not like me anymore, lol. Now my mindset on it is "I want my Pokemon to be the best it can be and not be held back by its genes"...kind of like when my mom bred cats, you always picked the best male to keep breeding to make better and better cats, and no way you kept them all :P

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
Well,but you gotta agree that mass-breeding can be disastrous.
And that's another aspect I don't like in mass-breeding if looking from the game inhabitant's POV

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I prefer to think that they enjoy the babies running around. Or maybe they eat them. Who knows?

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
Who knows?
Well I think mass-breeding isn't the biggest "sin" one could make after all
The biggest one would be going to the Safari Zone and only throw rocks at every pokemon.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Do you refuse to grind on Audino as well? :P

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
What?
No, Audinos can go to hell ...
It's not my fault if they're walking rare candies ...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
The only Pokemon I really care more are those that I have specifically trained to be part of my main team. Any other Pokemon I don't get as attached to, so to speak.

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
Well,
I also have this,
The problem is,after a while I feel like I'm only OHKOing left and right on the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back