• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Character Discussion

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
True, true. They really didn't do much with Trip. So much wasted potential. :| And then he just kind of left? wth man

Years
Yes they should have him more in the anime. The way he left from the anime made me shell shocked :badsmile:. You know bumping into Ash or helping him suddenly from some obstacle. It could all fit easily

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Trip lacked story and dept and backstory. All we know is that he wanted to beat Alder upon meeting him. He then lost in the first round of the Anime to Ash. Most rivals this time around aren't that great because, hey, we barely see them.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
We saw the rivals all the time though? The (somewhat)friendly-rival tournament group was amazing. Burgundy, Georgia, Stephan, and Bianca were really great. Luke was cool, Cameron was fun, Vigil... kinda bored me lol. Trip was just kind of ignored as the writers focused on the more interactive people. I feel like they shouldn't have had him at all and instead let Bianca take his roles in the beginning because like... he didn't do much besides provide some game!Cheren/BA!Cheren Alder-worship.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Eh. Virgil was introduced too close to the Pokemon League for me to even decide if I like him or not. Now, Luke on the other hand is a cutie. He's not much of a battling rival, but I do like him because he's one of the most unique rivals in the anime. Cameron was funny because he's so headstrong and silly, but again, introduced too close to the Pokemon League. We always get one new rival near the league, I know, but two is too much. Burgundy on the other hand is the best. She's so funny and I love how she's only a C class sommilier. Georgia was never a favorite of mine, but I do like her because of her hairstyle. And, finally, Bianca always reminded me of a female incarnation of Barry. Despite that I love her for rushing into things so often. ^^ Well, you are right we somewhat saw them all the time. Then again Best Wishes wasn't as long as the other sagas...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well... B&W + Rival Destinies is actually 5 episodes longer than AG + Adv Challenge. And Best Wishes as a whole is approaching the same length as the entirety of Hoenn (minus Battle Frontier). And all of that is longer than Kanto + Orange or the entirety of Johto. Compared to DP it doesn't seem like a lot, but it's certainly a decent length. And it seems like it's gone kinda fast as well. There hasn't been a lot of dragging-on fillers and the main trio haven't gotten lost millions of times and things have constantly progressed.

You're right about Virgil and Cameron though- they were introduced wayyy too close to the league and weren't really developed as characters. To me, Virgil was kind of bland and Cameron too aggressively pushed into everything.

Years
Eh. Virgil was introduced too close to the Pokemon League for me to even decide if I like him or not. Now, Luke on the other hand is a cutie. He's not much of a battling rival, but I do like him because he's one of the most unique rivals in the anime. Cameron was funny because he's so headstrong and silly, but again, introduced too close to the Pokemon League. We always get one new rival near the league, I know, but two is too much. Burgundy on the other hand is the best. She's so funny and I love how she's only a C class sommilier. Georgia was never a favorite of mine, but I do like her because of her hairstyle. And, finally, Bianca always reminded me of a female incarnation of Barry. Despite that I love her for rushing into things so often. ^^ Well, you are right we somewhat saw them all the time. Then again Best Wishes wasn't as long as the other sagas...
So after reading your theory I say Stephan is the real character they should revolve around Dekorora too. Right?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Actually we probably will. There's really no other reason for them to randomly introduce a character with ALL the Eeveelutions.

And I reaaaally think Stephan should come back for Decolora because he's great ok <3

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yeah, what Vappy said. And Virgil could very well be its trainer. Wow wow did you guys see the new ending for Decolora? It implies everyone keeps in touch and I'm hoping that we'll see them again and asafdgfh

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm not allowed to link to them but I can tell you they are not hard to find at all. They won't be subbed yet, but they're out there. Weird that your browser is blocking that though.

But I was so happy with that ending and wow. So many people were there and they all are doing well and aaaaaa it just makes me really happy. <333

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Do you guys agree that the anime characters should be more mature than they are now. Instead of acting as if they are only 10 year olds why not have them be more like 15 or 16 year olds.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well yeah. I'd love Ash to be about at mature as he was in AG? Where he's kind of in a mentor position but still learning and growing. And I'd think he'd be like 12-14 at least. Have Cilan be around 17 and the female companion be 10 to put Ash back into that role. That'd be fun. And it would keep the young character for the new audience to relate to while giving the older fans some development with Ash.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
they should definitely be in their mid teens that would make everything more interesting (ash could finally realize why misty made him tingly inside) although this would probably not happen, but 12-14 would be good with me as well.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I agree. I also think the battles should be better, sort of like in the Black 2/White 2 commercial.

Back