• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Title/Boot Screen Showcase

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
A partial reboot of a semi-successful thread that has long since gone past its revival date - [link]

As the title says you can show off and get opinions on your Title/Boot Screens and other graphical edits of the likes. Here are the ones for my hack:

s9KfPW9.png
fqJDdz9.png

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Well for instance in your case, both Boot and Title screen look really good but a whole different thing is, do they match up with the contents of the hack. If Sienna revolves around Lugia, it makes sense for it being in both of those screens.

I know this is a bit nitpicking but as for myself, I'd like to add a neutral title screen to my own hack without anything special being shown in them if I don't get someone doing a game-related title screen for me. At least, no pokemon being shown in it would do.

This far, this is all I've got though which isn't much of a title screen but it was fan-made work by a person called RED and I really appriciate him doing that:

pokemongolducbfh1enable.png

Pretty much gets to the neutral category of not showing anything about the gameplay but definitely a whole lot better than having Lugia flying around (talking about Pokemon Silver title screen that is).

Blah

Free supporter
Years
A partial reboot of a semi-successful thread that has long since gone past its revival date - [link]

As the title says you can show off and get opinions on your Title/Boot Screens and other graphical edits of the likes. Here are the ones for my hack:

s9KfPW9.png
fqJDdz9.png

I assume we are also allowed to rate/comment on them too right? In which case I absolutely love your title screen. The underwater rock face goes well with the Lugia you've got and everything looks well inserted. Sadly whenever I've tried, I always get the bug where the corner of the title screen seems glitched.

As for the boot screen, looks great too! The only thing that strikes me as wierd is that the font on all 4 lines are different. Though that's probably how it is supposed to be.

Good work Mr.Manipulation.

Well for instance in your case, both Boot and Title screen look really good but a whole different thing is, do they match up with the contents of the hack. If Sienna revolves around Lugia, it makes sense for it being in both of those screens.

I know this is a bit nitpicking but as for myself, I'd like to add a neutral title screen to my own hack without anything special being shown in them if I don't get someone doing a game-related title screen for me. At least, no pokemon being shown in it would do.

This far, this is all I've got though which isn't much of a title screen but it was fan-made work by a person called RED and I really appriciate him doing that:

pokemongolducbfh1enable.png

Pretty much gets to the neutral category of not showing anything about the gameplay but definitely a whole lot better than having Lugia flying around (talking about Pokemon Silver title screen that is).

Being completely honest, I'm not much of a fan of the G/S/C series. Likely because I grew up playing FR/LG. Anyways, your ideology about what to include in titlescreens are certainly interesting. I haven't ever considered the title screen was a big spoiler of sorts, but I guess you're right. Moreover, I don't know what to say about your titlescreen since I don't know how good titlescreens in G/S/C are supposed to be. Though from your thought process it meets all your criteria.
Though I think you should add the usual "PRESS START" thing, that'd be more standard. Anyways good work my boy :)

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Sadly whenever I've tried, I always get the bug where the corner of the title screen seems glitched.
Thanks. That particular glitch occurs when you have too many tiles in your tileset, get rid of any duplicates and your title screen should function perfectly well. :)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Good work Mr.Manipulation.
Agreed, Sienna's screens look really good. One shouldn't be trying to fill out most of the reply with possible critisism, like I happened to do.

Being completely honest, I'm not much of a fan of the G/S/C series. Likely because I grew up playing FR/LG. Anyways, your ideology about what to include in titlescreens are certainly interesting. I haven't ever considered the title screen was a big spoiler of sorts, but I guess you're right. Moreover, I don't know what to say about your titlescreen since I don't know how good titlescreens in G/S/C are supposed to be. Though from your thought process it meets all your criteria.
Though I think you should add the usual "PRESS START" thing, that'd be more standard. Anyways good work my boy :)
It was a fanmade title screen by a person called RED from Skeetendo Inc. So I didn't make it :)

But yeah, I do like keeping it simple more than for example Ho-Oh or legendary birds from Gen I being shown in it although all of them can be caught in the game. Those just wouldn't make any sense for being there. I think that if there is no particular reason for an add-on (whatever the add-on is), there is no point in having the add-on either. If you include some kind of theater in your hack just because you feel like adding a theater in one town, what's the point. You could instead use a bit more imagination and make the theater having an actual purpose for being there; make a storyline related event or side-quest happen there or something.

Anyway... yeah, having "PRESS START" type of dialogue in it would be a good idea (at least it wouldn't hurt).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024

s9KfPW9.png
fqJDdz9.png

Holy flippin wow that looks good...

Here is mine:

Title%20Screen%20F.png

at one point I was working on getting a picture in the background like yours... but decided to stop and go with one closer to FR/LG with the solid color adn some sort of animation.. I made bubbles ;)

here is a vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d56ne7IjnW0

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_02.png
bg1.png

Pokemon-FireRedGBA_01.png
opening.png

Before and afters of Pokemon Desegrate's title screen and opening. The before opening wasn't anything to do with the plot but now it does (^-^)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Alright, I'm here with my bootscreen and title screen. I'm bringing the heat this time.:)

and yes, the video is required.:p

Credits:
Reb0rn: Logo and asembling of the animation.
JoshR691- Charizard Sprites.
Darthatron- Base ASM for animation
Mat- Teaching me how to use DMA to increase the copying speed of the images in order to make this animation not lag.
Jambo51- For answering all of my questions about this animation and how it runs, as well as acquiring the ASM for me.

Back