• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I am having problems inserting backsprite of pokemon it always comes messed up
Frontsprite works perfectly

Someone said earlier that backprite should be shiny is he correct bcs i was trying normal back sprite

Also about going to previous pal for inserting backsprite is it previous pal of backsprite of pokemon given just after front sprite in ulza?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I am having problems inserting backsprite of pokemon it always comes messed up
Frontsprite works perfectly

Someone said earlier that backprite should be shiny is he correct bcs i was trying normal back sprite

Also about going to previous pal for inserting backsprite is it previous pal of backsprite of pokemon given just after front sprite in ulza?

Yes, you need to upload the shiny pallet of a pokemon in order for the backsprite to look normal...

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Sorry i still have problems inserting backsprite even after trying shiny pallets

Went at the position of the backsprite of pokemon
pressed previous pal
inserted shiny backsprite there and fixed pointers

Still backsprite messed up
Can anyone help???

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2009
Hello, how to insert co/aa tileset on gba rom? Who can do the files.dib ...

Sorry I'm french and i talk a bad english

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I'm starting my hack with the maps of Sevii Island (FR) and I changed an indoor room, but then it changed other rooms aswell to the same thing, if I change them then the other ones the same get changed as well, is there a way I can stop this? Or do I have to keep creating new maps?
This used to happen to me back when I hacked ruby. I have an idea but I never tried it so its all theory. I think all the maps use differen't event offsets but same map offsets. so go to the map that is giving you the problems and replace the map's offset with free space(note this will make the map look weird and you will have to re make the map and you need to be in professional view not basic)

Sonikku17

Wanderer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
Just one question. Is there any way to predetermine the moves of a Pokemon obtained from a givepokemon/giveegg script? Thanks!

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Just one question. Is there any way to predetermine the moves of a Pokemon obtained from a givepokemon/giveegg script? Thanks!

Both would require ASM, but since givepokemon will randomly egenrate stats as soon as the command is activated, it would take some complex ASM to find out. Same with an egge, but since the egg's stats are determined when it's given, not when it hatches, it would take easier ASM to display it's stats.

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
How can we change the titlescreen of ruby?

Also is there any way of editing item icons ,any tools?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Both would require ASM, but since givepokemon will randomly egenrate stats as soon as the command is activated, it would take some complex ASM to find out. Same with an egge, but since the egg's stats are determined when it's given, not when it hatches, it would take easier ASM to display it's stats.

The stats are randonly generated, but not the moves. And when you use a giveegg command the attacks cannot be inherited by any parents, hence they must follow some standard set, I think. Just like wild Pokémon. Either way, ASM is indeed required, but I'm wondering what would be useful for.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
How can we change the titlescreen of ruby?

Also is there any way of editing item icons ,any tools?

Search in the documents and tutorials forum for a tutorial on editing the titlescreen in Ruby.

Sreach the toolbox forum for a tool made by Wichu, which can easily edit icons. Or look for them in a tile viewer. Or even use iconEd.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Is there a way to add a pokedex entry for the ?'s in RSE? I really added Munchlax into a Pokemon Ruby hack im making but i want it to be catchable.

So is there a way to add a pokedex entry for the ?'s?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
As far as I know, there is no method yet. However, HackMew's been working on it, I think. It might take a while until it's finished, though.

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
1) If a changed a attack using attack editor, how can i also change the onscreen effect of attack?

2)Is there a tool other than icon ed which can change ITEM icons not POKEMON icon
(I know there is wichus tool for changing pokemon icons)??

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
1) If a changed a attack using attack editor, how can i also change the onscreen effect of attack?

Not exactly sure what you mean. You CAN change the effects using Darthatron's (I think he is the one that made it idk my mind fails.) attack editor. If you want to add new effects it will require ASM.

2)Is there a tool other than icon ed which can change ITEM icons not POKEMON icon
(I know there is wichus tool for changing pokemon icons)??

UnLz can change the Item icons. You can also use the item editor in the Snag'em thread to re-point them if you are to lazy to go through UnLz.

Hoshiko Aki

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
Hello,

Does some own have a Patch or a Rom with have been patched with Jpan hacked fire red engery(or something like that) With's have extra OW slots and slots for extra Pallets?

I have try it by my self but it failed then. So if U got it can you send me a privet Messege or a profiel messege.

If this is not allowd sorry then. Btw Sorry for my bad English(i'm dutch)

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
If you want to add new effects it will require ASM.

Sorry but can u explain what is ASM?

Also i know how to add pokemon using unlz

Is adding item icons the same way i.e index the picture put in the place and correctly repoint the pointers
Can trainers images also be changed in the same way??

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
If you want to add new effects it will require ASM.

Sorry but can u explain what is ASM?

Also i know how to add pokemon using unlz

Is adding item icons the same way i.e index the picture put in the place and correctly repoint the pointers
Can trainers images also be changed in the same way??

ASM is the assmebly language a game was made in. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back