• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Team Rocket Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I know exactly what you mean with doing lots of challenges so that's ok. Wlecome to the challenge.

I think I'm on my ~200th run of Red/Blue.

Also, there's a couple more Pokemon you need to add to the list. Off the top of my head, you should add the Drowzee and Machop families. The Rocket in Cerulean City that gives you dig has a Machop and Drowzee, and in Silph, a Rocket on 10F has a Machoke, and a Rocket on 5F has a Hypno

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
I think I'm on my ~200th run of Red/Blue.

Also, there's a couple more Pokemon you need to add to the list. Off the top of my head, you should add the Drowzee and Machop families. The Rocket in Cerulean City that gives you dig has a Machop and Drowzee, and in Silph, a Rocket on 10F has a Machoke, and a Rocket on 5F has a Hypno

If you read the OP closely, it does say, and I quote: If you have a cheating device, you can use Pokemon outside those types if they have been captured from another Trainer.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Oh no, I was saying that Machop and Drowzee should be on the list of usable Pokemon, because Team Rocket uses them, similarly to how Meowth, Lickitung, and Kangaskhan are allowed.

And update 2 is here:
Beat Blue
Saved Bill
Traded Spearow for Farfetch'd <--- first slave
Taught Dux Cut
Taught Nidoking Body Slam
Beat Blue
Rubbed the SS Anne's Captain's back
vhBm5.png

Beat Surge
Taught Starmie Thunderbolt and Bubblebeam
Taught Starmie Ice Beam and Nidoking Rock Slide
Taught Starmie Psychic.

Update 3:
Beat Erika
Beat Giovanni
Beat Blue
Saved Fuji
Beat Blue
Got Lapras <--- Second Slave
Beat Giovanni
Taught Nidoking Earthquake
Taught Dux Fly

Update 4:
Made an oopsies and deleted Starmie's Psychic for Surf instead of deleting Bubblebeam for Surf.
Taught Lapras Strength
Beat Koga
Beat Sabrina
Beat Blaine

Update 5:
Beat Giovanni
Beat Blue
Beat Loreli
Beat Bruno
Beat Agatha
Beat Lance
Beat Blue.

HJd44.png
K4f9J.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Not quite completed yet; don't forget, the goal is to capture all the legendary Pokemon. Mewtwo and the birds await.

@ myrrhman: I wanted to include those as well, but I had to make the rules quick, and including a list of Pokemon outside the regular types that show up once or twice would have taken too much space. Still, since they are used by Team Rocket, you can treat those as an exception if you'd like.

I suppose I should include an update on my own progress. I've defeated the Sinnoh Elite Four, mostly thanks to Golem using Explosion against Cynthia's team, and have begun my hunt for the legendaries of the region. Azelf and Uxie were first, but Mesprit, apparently detecting its brothers' capture, fled from me. I'm chasing it across the region now.

Stark Mountain proved tiring, as I had to best every trainer scattered across it before moving to the central chamber, but Heatran is now mine as well. Having captured it, I moved on to Turnback Cave for Giratina, who was by far the most stubborn one I fought, but he too eventually fell before me. It helped that my Misdreavus and Persian could switch in and out to block all its attacks.

For Regigigas, I had to request backup from the Hoenn branch of Team Rocket, but they sent the three Regis my way. With them in hand, I made my way to find Regigigas, and captured it shortly after it got its act together. Fortunately, by that time it had worn itself out with repeated uses of Superpower, making it weak enough to catch.

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
I encounter a strange time phenomana and it has took me back to the start of my adventure, all the acts of evil, all the badges everything has gone, and even as I recount this, memories fade - but all I remember is my name, Zagan - and that I am a Team Rocket operative in the Unova region and I will once more take the Team Rocket banner and capture all the legendary monsters for the might of Team Rocket!

(ooc bit, I messed up a code and it locked me out my pokemon boxes, so ive had to start again, but its a good thing in a way, i can go back to stealing trainers pokemon)

• Picked Snivy
  • Beat Bianca
  • Beat Cheren
  • got to first town
  • Beat N
  • Got to place with first gym badge
  • stole Chen's tepig
  • Acquired Panpour
  • Stole Chili's Pansear
Update 2:

• Got Trio Badge
  • Beat Chern
  • Stole a random Pansage
  • Stole a random Woobat, evolved one level later
  • got to necrene city
  • got Basic Badge

Last edited:

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
I'm entering, will update every so often.
Username/Trainer Name: ChaoticLapras
Ultimate: No
Game(s): Red (emulator, catching trainers pokemon)
Update: Started new game. Named me Chaotic and rival Lapras. Met old man (Prof. Oak). Stole Bulbasaur. Lapras got a Charmander. Saved.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
After much hunting across Sinnoh, I tracked down Mesprit and Cresselia. Mesprit I opted to capture quickly, using the Master Ball I obtained earlier to get it without a fight. Cresselia proved a more annoying challenge; even at minimum HP, it continued to escape capture attempts and flee.

However, I finally managed to stop its escape, and began throwing Ultra Balls and Dusk Balls at the weary legendary. While it escaped many, it finally succumbed and was captured.

With that, I had obtained the last legendary Pokemon I could capture in Sinnoh. My Team Rocket challenge is now complete.

Kieran_90

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
Update: Beat Lapras, decided not to take his Charmander. Went to Viridian City. Got Oak's Parcel, stole his pokedex.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
After much hunting across Sinnoh, I tracked down Mesprit and Cresselia. Mesprit I opted to capture quickly, using the Master Ball I obtained earlier to get it without a fight. Cresselia proved a more annoying challenge; even at minimum HP, it continued to escape capture attempts and flee.

However, I finally managed to stop its escape, and began throwing Ultra Balls and Dusk Balls at the weary legendary. While it escaped many, it finally succumbed and was captured.

With that, I had obtained the last legendary Pokemon I could capture in Sinnoh. My Team Rocket challenge is now complete.

Well done on being the first to complete the challenge!

Kieran_90

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
Another update. Stole Town Map from Daisy Oak. Went to Viridian City. Found out that there was a hidden stash of Master Balls in every Mart, so I stole 99 (I love GameShark). Went to Route 2. Went to Viridian Forest. Beat a load of trainers and stole Weedle. Weedle evolved into Kakuna. Went to Route 2. Went to Pewter City. Saved.

Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Time to finally update again!

-Breezed through Route 9, then realised that I forgot to get HM05 Flash
-Backtracked to Vermillion and stole a Squirtle, then went through Diglett's Cave
-Stole HM05 Flash
-Hypno learned Flash
-Nidoking learned Thunerbolt
-After searching for all the Trainers, I finally completed Rock Tunnel
-Defeated all Trainers in Route 10
-Arrived in Lavender Town
-Battled through Route 8
-Arrived in Celadon City and stole HM02 Fly
-Pidgeotto learned Fly
-Defeated yet another fake Rocket Grunt
-Saved progress for now

Team:
Nidoking Lv.47 Thrash, Mega Punch, Thunderbolt, Double Kick
Starmie Lv.30 (Originally Misty's) Tackle, Water Gun, Thunder Wave, Bubblebeam
Eevee Lv.30 (Originally Duskmon's) Tackle, Body Slam, Quick Attack, Bite
Pidgeotto Lv.30 (Originally Jr. Trainer's) Fly, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack, Whirlwind
Hypno Lv.30 (Originally fake Rocket Grunt's) Headbutt, Hypnosis, Flash, Confusion
Ivysaur Lv.30 (Originally some random person's) Razor Leaf, Cut, Leech Seed, Vine Whip

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 15, 2023
Username/Trainer Name: DarkChibimon/Armor
Ultimate: yes
Game(s): Fire Red/Heart Gold/Emerald/Platinum/Black

-Stole Bulbasaur from Prof. Oak
-Beat Meta (Rival) for the first time
-Give Oak is package and stole the pokedex
-Got a Rattata
-Steals 99 Masterballs from the Mart
-Steals Meta's Charmander
-Beat Brock quickly
-Stole the running shoes
-Stole an Ekans and a Nidoran female
-Outside of Mt. Moon, training my team up to lv 20

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Username/Trainer Name: DarkChibimon/Armor
Ultimate: yes
Game(s): Fire Red/Heart Gold/Emerald/Platinum/Black

-Stole Bulbasaur from Prof. Oak
-Beat Meta (Rival) for the first time
-Give Oak is package and stole the pokedex
-Got a Rattata
-Steals 99 Masterballs from the Mart
-Steals Meta's Charmander
-Beat Brock quickly
-Stole the running shoes
-Stole an Ekans and a Nidoran female
-Outside of Mt. Moon, training my team up to lv 20

Well now, I'm surprised that people are still signing up for this challenge. Accepted though!

I'm entering, will update every so often.
Username/Trainer Name: ChaoticLapras
Ultimate: No
Game(s): Red (emulator, catching trainers pokemon)
Update: Started new game. Named me Chaotic and rival Lapras. Met old man (Prof. Oak). Stole Bulbasaur. Lapras got a Charmander. Saved.

Accepted! Welcome to the challenge!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2012
Username/Trainer Name: Dilp15/dyl
Ultimate: No (will change depending on the difficulty)
Game(s): Heartgold

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2014
I'll join in (though what I really want is a Rocket Rom Hack)
Username/Trainer Name: GoldMoonWizard/Kym (Yes I play as a girl, don't judge me)
Ultimate: Yes, but starting in Hoenn because that's the best one ever
Games: Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, White

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
I'll join in (though what I really want is a Rocket Rom Hack)
Username/Trainer Name: GoldMoonWizard/Kym (Yes I play as a girl, don't judge me)
Ultimate: Yes, but starting in Hoenn because that's the best one ever
Games: Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, White

Welcome, fellow member! Don't worry, I sometimes play as the female character too. Also, thanks for pointing out something that I never added in the OP.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2018
Is it too late to sign up for this?
Username/TrainerName: Spyrover/Spy
Ultimate:Not at the moment
Games:Gold, Yellow, Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back