• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Fortress 2

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
HEY WHO WANTS FREE EARBUDS, GENUINE ANGER AND ALL MY OTHER HATS.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022

Sure, but I doubt you're dumb enough to actually do that.

To me, the new Scout and Soldier weapons seem like gimmicks to me. What? Move slower only to get your speed back when a boost is activated. Plus, you can't even jump. Sure, the weapon has better accuracy, allowing for medium range combat for Scout. But 2 things:
1. This is why the shortstop was created.
2. This weapon and the shortstop completely craps on what the Scout was originally all about: Using your epic skills to get to point blank and taking everything down in 2 hits. Or in other words, hit run and strikes. This weapon just seems out of place.

Plus, how is the new Flare Crap? Its basically puff'n sting in a FLARE GUN. No need to waste Flamethrower ammo. Pair it with the Degreaser and Axtinguisher and that combo becomes even more deadly!

The new scout scattergun is really hard to work with. Getting your boost up without getting killed is harder than you think. You are now ridiculously vulnerable to heavy, soldier and demo, each of which can kill you without breaking a sweat. You're right that the shortstop was created with the same idea in mind where accuracy and damage is concerned, but I don't think that was Valve's first intention when making the Baby Face's Blaster. That was something they had no choice to add in order to make it balanced. Imagine the force of the vanilla scattergun, coupled with a Scout running at 150% speed. Practically unstoppable.

Yes, of course they crap on what the scout was originally all about. When you make a new weapon, unless you just want to rehash what you've already made, you're gonna change it up. I love the fact that the Baby Blaster renders jumping useless. It changes everything. As a scout, your job is no longer to run in there, get a pick or two and run out. Now your job is to run the perimeter, do a little damage on either end and if someone starts chasing you down, you can run circles around them without getting hit once, and get a pick if your aim is right. The Baby Face's Blaster is perfectly in place, it's just a very unique scout weapon. I have a feeling you won't be seeing it around a lot and most people are going to prefer the vanilla scattergun.

Making new weapons is basically making new strategies for a certain class. You think the demoknight is what the demoman is all about? Not at all. And some people can seriously use that loadout and do some decent damage. The YER on the Spy, I hate it. It's not what the spy is about because he can't immediately cloak, disguise, and uncloak in enemy lines. Makes you completely useless when sapping sentries unless you can backstab the engi first.

How is it not crap? 50% damage penalty? I'll gladly use my degreaser's 20 ammo to compression blast. Much more reliable to sting 'em with my 90 damage flare crit or my axtinguisher. And after I do that, I get my 20 ammo back plus 80 upon pickup of their gun. I'm sorry but the Scorch Shot is beyond useless.

Last edited:

User19sq

I'll raise my hand to that. I can always use some swag for myself, and give some to my friends too. XD

Anyway, I'm having a great time in Pyroland, but I gotta admit that it gets tiresome after a while. Good thing it's optional. And I get my two Fedoras and DemoBird tonight, which I can give away. X33333

I haven't played Doomsday yet, though. Looking forward to that.

User19sq

Man, I'm having a hard time selling this stupid bird. I think I might just lower the price.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Plasmette, I want just the buds. Nothing more. But I doubt you're giving them away.

Anyway, let's talk hats.

Hats.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
LOL never said I hated the update, silleh boi. I just wanted to see how many people would spring up at the offer of a virtual hat. I would never give my hats away, even if they are completely pointless....

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Does anyone want the Helmet Without a Home, Head Warmer, Flamboyant Flamenco, Apparatchik's Apparel (2), Business Casual.

Also I have a bunch of strange weapons to sell off. And one Strange Part.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
To be sure, I just want a hat for my Captain's Cocktails. Proven to look like baby bottles in LSDland.

User19sq

Welp, Pyromania was good while it lasted. Got some great is from it too. Wasn't proud to get 2 Duffels in a row. Crafted them, gave me Buccaneer's Bicorne. And knowing how I dislike Demo, I was a bit ticked off. XDDDDDDDDDDD;

Anyway, anyone wanna trade for a Demo Pirate Hat?

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
On an almost unrelated note (still TF2 related)
Spoiler:

I am in shock.
What should I do? There is so much I need to do with this..
I'm also sure everyone has got a copy of this now

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
On an almost unrelated note (still TF2 related)
Spoiler:

I am in shock.
What should I do? There is so much I need to do with this..
I'm also sure everyone has got a copy of this now

Write a script and make it happen!

Welp, Pyromania was good while it lasted. Got some great is from it too. Wasn't proud to get 2 Duffels in a row. Crafted them, gave me Buccaneer's Bicorne. And knowing how I dislike Demo, I was a bit ticked off. XDDDDDDDDDDD;

Anyway, anyone wanna trade for a Demo Pirate Hat?

Yes! I will buy that. I have the bird to go with it.

I'll give you the Apparatchik's Apparel and Captain's Cocktails for it. I have other hats offerable as well.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
SFM is public and not installing at all.

So, how're your hat adventures with Meet the <kind of> Heavy?

Back