• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: (HotW #68) Pokémon: Messenger Of Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
Pokémon:

:t077:Messenger Of Peace:t077:

Information:
Creator: PlatniumPiano
ROM Base: Pokémon Ruby AXVE
Language: English
Started: May 2009

Awards:
Hack of the Week #68 ^_^
MessengerofPeaceAward.png
34y2z4h.png

Uh, I guess I get two ^_^
One on the left is Meggido's, and one on the right is destinedjagold's. Thanks to both of you guys, they look awesome (and samike and zanny, you guys won- er, tied- me these awards!)

Introduction:
Hello everyone, and welcome to my first ever published (somewhat...) hack, Pokémon- Messenger of Peace! This is a solo project, though I hope to receive help from other people willing to join the team (scroll down to Join the Team!) I am a beginning- intermediate scripter, with basic map- making skills and I also has real good speeling 'n grammarr. I've been at the PokéCommunity for a while now... first starting off with Rom-Hacking, then quickly switching to RP-ing and now back to Rom- Hacking. I hope to have many fond memories with this hack I am about to tackle, hopefully you will too. ^_^

Story:
As the name may or may not suggest, Pokémon MoP is basically one big quest to bring peace throughout the lands that you inhabit:

Ages ago, the people in the land of Valhalla lived in simple tranquility. All of the different races coexisted in harmony, helping each other out with day to day things, and all without the help of Pokémon. Yes this was a land where nobody had heard of these little creatures, and life seemed to prosper without them. Of course, in the great expanses of the land, there is bound to be a black sheep among the races. This black sheep was Makesh, a powerful wizard from his peoples cavern up in the icy mountains. He was always into searching for a greater power, and one day in his routine walks about the mountain, he chanced upon a wild Tauros. Needless to say, when he saw what the Tauros could do, he quickly brought it home to slay anybody who got in Makesh's way. The secret of Pokémon was not kept for long, however, and soon the many other races found Pokémon natives to their lands. Eventually, a great war broke out, which left many peoples fleeing for cover. In the end, Makesh was defeated, and sent back to his unknown mountain from which he came. The scars from the war, however, were not easily forgotten. Eons passed, and still fighting continued, if not on a war-scale. This prejudice lasted from generation to generation, with no hope of breaking this destructive cycle. All the while, Makesh's is slowly growing stronger, hoping to finish what he started...

Armed with your initial Ponyta and collected companions, your purpose is to rally the feuding races of the land in hopes of defeating Makesh once he makes his inevitable return.

Features:
:pokeball:Travel through the wide, grassy plains, the depths of the sea, the peaks of the highest mountains, and many more beautiful, fantasy-set lands in the world of Valhalla.

:pokeball:Meet fierce village champions, some of which may give you Pokémon to aid you on your quest…

:pokeball:I haz teh grammor and teh sp3lling lolz!!1!!!

:pokeball:Pokédex? Versus Seeker? No way- high tech gadgets will not be in this hack!

:pokeball:Some reworked Pokémon move sets.

:pokeball:After a certain point in the game you are allowed to ride your Ponyta, instead of your bicycle.

:pokeball:Gym leaders will be replaced with village champions, and the Elite Four will be the Four- (lulz! no spoilerz 4 u!!)

:pokeball:A whole new team and minions, that actually do evil things.

:pokeball:Items will be renamed into things more fitting ^_^

:pokeball:No catching Pokemon! You heard me, all Pokemon will be given to you (but you'll have to work really hard for some of them!)

:pokeball:Every Pokemon you get will have a stone evolution. But, you're not going to find the stones just lying around.

Screenshots (Updated):
Spoiler:

Join the Team:
Though I am making this mainly a solo project, I am willing to enlist the help of a few PC members who feel they are adequate at their skill. I currently need a:

Spoiler:

The form to apply is located below. Have fun you kids!

Spoiler:

Pokémon: Messenger Of Peace Team:

Me: Lead Scripter, Mapper, Storyline
Samike360: Scripter
Jebees: A whole bunch of stuff, hopefully ^_^
Ruka Prince: Overworld editor

Progress (Last Updated 6/18/09):
Well, all of the bugs have been fixed (to my knowledge, at least), so this means I can get a move on to my first sea route. I plan to have a couple of routes done by the end of the week, and hope to start on a town next week. After that is a dungeon, then the third gym... Or maybe gym then dungeon.... I don't know. but just so you all know, after the third gym is complete, I can move onto the fourth gym, and after the fourth gym, you get to ride your Ponyta/Rapidash! (Provided, of course that I have somebody that is capable of editing the bike sprite to the hero riding a horse :P) Progress is hopefully going to get a lot faster now that I fixed all the bugs that I know of... Who knows? I might have an alpha released by the end of the month! And the Overworlds are done now, thanks to Ruka Prince ^_^ I hope to have screenies of them up soon.

Support Bars:

Made by GavZ

Code:
[*url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=182275][*img]http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu99/IGavZI/MEssengerofpeaceV2-1.png[*/img][*/url]
Made by Fail-Z

Code:
[*url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=182275][*IMG]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9595/usermessengerofpeace.png[/IMG*][*/url]
Made by Me
SupportBar-2.png

Code:
[*url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=182275][*IMG]http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr343/Dartfled/SupportBar-2.png[*/IMG][*/url]
(Just remove the *'s when putting in your signatures)

Bugs:

:pokeball:Messed up tiles when you first appear in the game. (But only once. This probably won't get fixed until I can get a good bit of ASM working for me, or a truck remover)

Tools Used:
uNLZ.gba
Advance Map Version 1.9.2
XSE Version 1.1.1
Overworld Editor- Rebirth Edition
Free Space Finder
Advance Trainer
YAPE (Yet Another Pokémon Editor)
ItemEdit

Thank all of you for your tools; without them, this hack would not be possible!

Credits:
HackMew (For his awesomely epic tools)
Seth-Kun & diegoisawesome (For helping me learn how to script through their tutorials)
Larsie13 & everybody at the Script Help Thread (For… you know… helping me script!)
Lu-ho (For A-map!)
Led Zeppelin (Needs no real explanation)

Last edited:

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
WOW! This is definitely an interesting hack. I like the idea of riding Ponyta instead of a bike. :3

A region name you need? How about....Valadon. It's like Valhalla - the Nordic equivalent of Heaven, and Celadon. :3

BTW, I'm helping you out here...I didn't have my 1st reply on my hack till I had about 100 views...you get one after 2. :)

PlatniumPiano

Years
WOW! This is definitely an interesting hack. I like the idea of riding Ponyta instead of a bike. :3

A region name you need? How about....Valadon. It's like Valhalla - the Nordic equivalent of Heaven, and Celadon. :3

BTW, I'm helping you out here...I didn't have my 1st reply on my hack till I had about 100 views...you get one after 2. :)

NORSE THAT'S WHAT I WAS MISSING. I tried putting heaven or land of the gods into a bunch of different languages but I forgot the vikings. I'm suprised it got approved in an hour. Didn't you do the hack with all the good music in it?

Thanks for the Comment ^_^

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
This is a really good idea. I have some sills in alot of aspects and I can help you with a lot of things you need. I want to work on this hack with you. Pm me later

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Orre
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
around what time period is this hack supposed to take place in? i can sprite trainers and such for you. but i need a theme.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
Didn't you do the hack with all the good music in it?

Yep, Zanny77's the one with the hack with the cool music. :P

Anyway, looks cool so far! One question, though: what are you going to do in lieu of Poké Balls? I'm assuming that you'll be providing some way to catch Pokémon, yeah? Do they get renamed/resprited into apricorn-based balls, or something else?

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Orre
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
o.O didn't notice you put the theme in the story lol. im a little lazy when it comes to reading, unless im playin somethin XD
How's this for the male trainer?

And yea pokeballs seem unheard of in a time like that. That's like Sir Eran's time. people would only have 1-3 pkmn? and they follow? (or final fantasy follow were you only see main character)

PlatniumPiano

Years
o.O didn't notice you put the theme in the story lol. im a little lazy when it comes to reading, unless im playin somethin XD
How's this for the male trainer?

And yea pokeballs seem unheard of in a time like that. That's like Sir Eran's time. people would only have 1-3 pkmn? and they follow? (or final fantasy follow were you only see main character)

I don't think following them would work, maybe in cutscenes.... Looks good for the guy, maybe change the headpiece a little? And darker hair/clothes if you could.

EDIT-
@ckret2:

lol apricorn balls. I'm working on that... maybe some sort of magical tablet or something? It could also possibly function as a pokedex.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
Years
Quite the interesting idea you have here. It will be interesting to see how the trainer manages to "tame" the pokemon to battle for him. If you are in need of a Beta Tester, I can be reached at practically anytime of day, and most times of night. Simply leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.

PlatniumPiano

Years
Quite the interesting idea you have here. It will be interesting to see how the trainer manages to "tame" the pokemon to battle for him. If you are in need of a Beta Tester, I can be reached at practically anytime of day, and most times of night. Simply leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.

It's too early to release a beta yet, but I'm sure there's something I missed. I'll send/post an alpha when I feel that it is presentable. I still have a couple of bugs in it (i.e. Sprites dissapearing during mid-conversation, fadescreen freezes.) which I should probably put on the first post... I think I'll do that right now...

Thank you for your comment ^_^

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
The hack sounds great
Spoiler:

PlatniumPiano

Years
The hack sounds great
Spoiler:

Lol boy nothing gets past you people. Did you find the error? And thanks for the comment

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Name/Alias: Gav will do
Job you want: Banner/Support bar maker
Credentials: Plenty of banners done for people. I will add proof below.

And Some Proof of my work.
Spoiler:

Okay there was a small bit of my work.
I'm looking to do interesting banners!!
I have made some boring ones that the owners requested i will admit.
But i'm sure i can make you something you will like!

PlatniumPiano

Years
Name/Alias: Gav will do
Job you want: Banner/Support bar maker
Credentials: Plenty of banners done for people. I will add proof below.

And Some Proof of my work.
Spoiler:

Okay there was a small bit of my work.
I'm looking to do interesting banners!!
I have made some boring ones that the owners requested i will admit.
But i'm sure i can make you something you will like!

Sure! I don't want anything too fancy, could you make one with dimensions like your Rescue Team Academy Support bar, with Red fading to black in the background, A rapidash in front and the hack title as well. Would that work?

And for a banner intro, I might need one of those, but I'll wait till the hack gets off of the ground first. I also should probably make this thread into a CSS.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Sure! I don't want anything too fancy, could you make one with dimensions like your Rescue Team Academy Support bar, with Red fading to black in the background, A rapidash in front and the hack title as well. Would that work?

And for a banner intro, I might need one of those, but I'll wait till the hack gets off of the ground first. I also should probably make this thread into a CSS.
Will do my friend ^^
I'll get back to you asap but it won't be long

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Thank you very much!

UPDATE (that should go on first post): Finished first three cities, now onto my first sea route
Hey sorry PC was having Lagging issues so i could have posted this like hours ago xD
But here is a draft of the userbar.
What would you like changed?
Don't hesitate to ask ^_^
PokemonMessengerofpeace.png

qgmon1234

Teh Shiney Trainah
Years
Nice idea for the hack. like the idea of an old time pokemon.

For a region name i thought of Rafe @_@

PlatniumPiano

Years
Hey sorry PC was having Lagging issues so i could have posted this like hours ago xD
But here is a draft of the userbar.
What would you like changed?
Don't hesitate to ask ^_^
PokemonMessengerofpeace.png

Yeah. For me that happens about three times every day or so...

Looks great! I think the only thing I might want changed is change the Pokemon and MoP to the font u used in the thunder arena bar. I like the way it looks though, good job! What program did you use to create it?

@qgmon1234: Thanks for commenting ^_^

Rafe... hmm. I'll put it in the poll once I get two more names!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back