• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaleH771

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
How can I in Advance map change a trainer's pokemon?

As far as I am aware this is not possible. You will need an external proigram such as PET or AdvancedTrainer.

Anyone, I am waiting to release the second Beta of my game however, I cannot find a script anywhere for a Pokeball (Item) that when you interact with in game dissapears PERMANENTLY and gives you an item. I need a script that'll work with PokeScript :) Thanks!

Years
I don't know about PokéScript, but I'm pretty sure it's similar.

The code for XSE at least is this:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
giveitem 0xD 0x1 0x1
end

For if you wanted to find one Potion. You'd then give the Pokéball a unique Person ID in Advance Map.

I recommend using XSE for your scripting instead of PokéScript, but if not then you'll have to find a way to translate that into PokéScript syntax.

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I don't know about PokéScript, but I'm pretty sure it's similar.

The code for XSE at least is this:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
giveitem 0xD 0x1 0x1
end

For if you wanted to find one Potion. You'd then give the Pokéball a unique Person ID in Advance Map.

I recommend using XSE for your scripting instead of PokéScript, but if not then you'll have to find a way to translate that into PokéScript syntax.

Cheers, I'll try it. Say I gave the Pokeball ID of AAAA, where in the script would I put that AAAA?

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Have you tried compiling the script using XSE 1.1?

It worked for the first Pokeball. After that I used FSF to find a free offset, put that into the script, and then changed the item characters to the Item I wanted. However on all the others, when I move it makes the ball re-appear.

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
No, don't use FSF to find a free offset. Just use the script I used, then hit compile. XSE will give you the offset to use.

Ok so I changed it back to 0x800000, however I am still faced with the same issue.

I am using this for a rare candy pick up.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
giveitem 0x44 0x1 0x1
end

Sprite details
Person ID : 0000
No. 12
Person Event no. 13

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Ah ok, thanks! Will it work for every Pokeball if I just make them all 100? Or will I have to go 100, 101, 102... etc? :)

TheOrangePichu

Currently working on new hack
Years
My problem isn't fixed yet, so let me explain...

I'm currently using Wichu's Sprite Editor, now everything acts normal, inserting the sprite, the write to rom etc. but here's my problem. When I open the rom in the tool again and look at the sprite I replaced, all I see is the background color that I used for the sprite. The entire sprite is gone.
When I encounter the sprite in-game, it's a bunch of pixels.

Also, it happens to both my Ruby and FireRed Rom. It is not the rom itself because it happens to many different roms I download from different sites. Also, I'm not overwriting data already in the game. Can someone please tell me what is going on?

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
My problem isn't fixed yet, so let me explain...

I'm currently using Wichu's Sprite Editor, now everything acts normal, inserting the sprite, the write to rom etc. but here's my problem. When I open the rom in the tool again and look at the sprite I replaced, all I see is the background color that I used for the sprite. The entire sprite is gone.
When I encounter the sprite in-game, it's a bunch of pixels.

Also, it happens to both my Ruby and FireRed Rom. It is not the rom itself because it happens to many different roms I download from different sites. Also, I'm not overwriting data already in the game. Can someone please tell me what is going on?

Did you make sure that the sprite only has 15 colors and a background? If it has more, Wichu's sprite editor might not work.

Edit: Make 100% sure of this. Don't just scan the image; index the image to 256 colors, and look at the palette, and count to make sure.

Last edited:

TheOrangePichu

Years
Did you make sure that the sprite only has 15 colors and a background? If it has more, Wichu's sprite editor might not work.

Edit: Make 100% sure of this. Don't just scan the image, index the image to 256 colors, and look at the palette, and count to make sure.

Yup, I did the exact steps you told me to do and I'm STILL having the same problem.

TheOrangePichu

Years
Here is the following problem I'm having (this is after I insert the sprite, write it to rom, and re open it to view it.)

nn7hhl.png

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2019
Is there a way to edit which battle music goes with which Pokemon when they are fought in battle? This is for PokemoN Firered, having the generic Pokemon battle theme with Mew just seems so... anti-climactic.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Is there a way to edit which battle music goes with which Pokemon when they are fought in battle? This is for PokemoN Firered, having the generic Pokemon battle theme with Mew just seems so... anti-climactic.
This actually gave me ideas but sure, you can change the music that plays when encountering any pokemon/trainer but not through scripting as it's an assembly job.

It's not even that difficult really but first you've got to get the hang of doing "real" rom hacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back