• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Homeward Bound™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I'm hoping this game will be different, I know it will definitly be different from the games, it may well be released before when I said ;)

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I've named and given movesets to my latest Fakemon and also created some new ones:

Pandanhug
Spoiler:

Grapevine
Spoiler:

Alynice
Spoiler:

Shyshadow and Harlyquen
Spoiler:

Demiseon
Spoiler:

Egg
Spoiler:

That's all for the fakemon at the moment, I have more, but save them for anther time... I haven't fit them into my PokéDex yet, but, when I get enough, they will probably fit in where the newer GEN V one's should be, because I'm not having gen 5 in my game, despite whether or not Maruno or any one adds them...

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I've named and given movesets to my latest Fakemon and also created some new ones:

Pandanhug
Spoiler:

Grapevine
Spoiler:

Alynice
Spoiler:

Shyshadow and Harlyquen
Spoiler:

Demiseon
Spoiler:

Egg
Spoiler:

That's all for the fakemon at the moment, I have more, but save them for anther time... I haven't fit them into my PokéDex yet, but, when I get enough, they will probably fit in where the newer GEN V one's should be, because I'm not having gen 5 in my game, despite whether or not Maruno or any one adds them...
omg love that eevee new evo and the egg thing :)

Years
Looking forward for the finishing of this hack! I like the story and graphics, although I find the grass to be a bit too bright, but that's my opinion

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Looking forward for the finishing of this hack! I like the story and graphics, although I find the grass to be a bit too bright, but that's my opinion

I uh, don't quite know what to say to this, other than:

Please Give Constructive Criticism and/or Praise, Please... This Is NOT A Hack, Its Created VIA RPGMakerXP, All Mapping and Events Are Fully Created And Thought Up By Myself and somewhat copied from the original games/anime.

Please note that you are in the game development forum not the hacking forum... But nevertheless, thanks for the comment :D

omg love that eevee new evo and the egg thing :)

Thanks.

Well, a new update which would've made me cry if I wern't doing this as a hobby...

Everything I have done has gone since April 24th, now I'm assuming that's when Essentials had it's upgrade... But my laptop I had my game saved on, the HD died (convenient to say the least) and I lost MAJOR progress... At the moment, I'm going to take a break from game development on this game itself and focus on my career and I helping others for the time being.

The thing with what happened is, it actually helps me, during this time I was making my game I was actually learning from a couple people how to script better and what does what etc. etc. And I'm getting better at scripting, so with my last updates, I can now make them quicker and better... By tidying up my game a little... You guys couldn't see, but the scripts and everything was a mess from where I was trying new stuff out and failing then trying again, failing, then finding the answer but didn't erase what I done before... Now I know how to do all this stuff, I can get it done twice as quick (bonus I think).

So the fact my HD died is a good thing... In saying this, I know everything I added and created, so I can implement this easily enough... I looked at this thread and saw what Major updates I had posted and put them in, within the past 2 hours, (which is clearly a lot quicker than the 3 months it took me before).

As for the progress stamps that I have made throughout this thread, nothing will change as I can do it all simple and quick, with less errors, which is great for me and for you.

The only downside is, some graphics I had, are gone, now this I will probably set aside for the release in future, and use them as an upgrade, which by the way, will cause you to lose your save game, BUT, I will make sure to give you a choice wether or not to use newer graphics or not... So don't worry if you want to complete the game first first... I've already thought about most of this.

As you can see, progress has been lost, time side, but progress has been made development side... The game isn't set-back by anything, the HD dying, did a nice hefty clean-up for me, with none the work developer side.

I'm going to help out newer members with their games, when and where I can.

On a plus note, I have a friend who will create a web page for Homeward Bound so progress is going to happen one way or another... On another note, this friend, may take over from me on the production side, but I will still help develope aswell, I got myself a modelling job so a lot of time will be going in to that, a nice 12 hour day I had yesterday... Once I speak to him later on tonight, in about 6-9 hours, I will get him to post on here when he can to let you know what is going on with progress.

Once the exchange happens... Watch Homeward Bound change massively... He's good at what he does.

Keep comments coming

Thanks For Following
Thanks For Reading

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Hey. Sorry to hear about losing a lot of yourprogress. The game was coming along very well. However, you did say you would be helping others. Could you possibly help Pokemon Jade?

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Of course I can, you'll just have to let me know what you want.

The game will still come along! My friend will take over for the time being and I will float around here and there... He will be signing up tomorro, which I will help him do tomorro before I go off being dressed in gorgeous clothes :D So no idea what his username is yet.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
I reaaly like the idea of eggs in the wild,but isn't it a bit weird for eggs,to have high attack and HP?:\

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Aw ur first post was on my thread and you misread...

The egg actually has high Defence and HP not attack... I thought it was a good idea too... I haven't been here in a while so I haven't updated this thread... But there is a bit to report which I won't do right now... I couldn't beat a level 1 egg with a level 37 Hitmonlee haha I got bored of the battle and switched the game off

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 6, 2016
Your game is nice and I want to play it. When will the game release?

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Not for a while I'm afraid. @ZekRes

I'm looking for some real help, no time wasters and any of the sort if you would like to be part of a HUGE project, get in touch, if you can do anything, let me know, show me your work, show me anything, I'm open to idea's, one thing I request is commitment.

After you have been with the team for a short while I will let you more into the plans, until then, you will be on standby for requests from myself and other members, this is to weed out all the spies, thieves, and any other little punks that just want to know ideas and run them into their own game.

You can already see this team can do in the OP.

If you want to help, fill this out real quick and easy, then post here or PM, either doesn't bother me.

Application Form said:
What can you do?
What would you prefer to do?
Time zone:
Links to/attachments of, work by yourself:

I'm not really looking for mappers because I have my own style, but if you can follow clear instructions for mapping, then I'll be happy to take you on... I'm not even asking any of you to do all the work, believe me, like 90% of the work will be done by myself and the other members of my team already, you will just be joining the team as an equal, I listen to other peoples ideas too... The missing 10% is what we cannot do, If I'm mapping, other members are Scripting, who is Spriting? And you get the idea where that would've been going.

Any questions, just ask... I'll try my best to answer all of them... I'm receiving a high interest in this already, so I haven't had time to reply to most people yet, which is the cause for this post, so sorry to those I haven't yet, but I'm looking for anyone with experiences already, I don't have time to teach you the basics, neither does my team.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
Looking good. Cant wait to play it and have u heard from CW havent seen her in about 2weeks. anyway hope your well .. ttyl

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Wow o.o I took my time to read the thread through and I must say, I'm excited about this o.o I really hope things are going well and that there's going to be an update soon @w@

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
The title kind of puts me off, having the Trademark sign doesn't really represent the game well. You can't register an already registered trademark. You can't have any copyright whatsoever, because this isn't an idea never seen before. 'Part from that, good job.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
KagamiChan, the limit for reviving threads in the Game Development forum is two months. Please keep that in mind next time you post in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back