• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
hi uhm i know ure busy and all but im just dropping in a bug notice for ppl to see,
i was fighting the psychic gym and everything is going swell and im killing everything like a hot knife through butter,but when the gym leaders send out gardevoir my entire emulator slows down and eventually hangs then i have to restart the game,did anyone have the same issue when playing?

Double battles (especially against gym leaders) cause a lot of problems for some reason. The only 'fix' atm is to save before every double battle. If you notice a pattern of freezing or slowdowns post here. Make sure to post what emulator you used and what rom base you patched. So far, i have six level 113 Pokemon and have yet to run into a gamebreaking glitch besides this one. Make sure to not participate in the battle tent either.

gail

Having no limitation as limitation
Years
The amount of how much I care is probably the same amount of girls that you probably had sex with...wait, that's none. Makes sense.

Anyways, for anyone who would like to know, I'm off today from my work and I've decided to work on the next update. And also, to DizzyHuevo, updating the battle engine does NOT "take like 5 minutes" to do, especially since you and whoever is working on it literally rewritten it the last time I did an update for this. Plus, I added a few more little things to this hack, like:
-New evolution methods
-New Poke Balls
-New Pokemon

So, like I said, instead of being idiots, which is pretty difficult even after exposing others, how about you accept the fact that things take time, whether it be a day, a week, or not for a few years. If you want it done the way you want to do it, the people who are anticipated to play it must understand and learn the term, patience. Cheers ;)

Thanks for everything ma boy

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 19, 2017
Double battles (especially against gym leaders) cause a lot of problems for some reason. The only 'fix' atm is to save before every double battle. If you notice a pattern of freezing or slowdowns post here. Make sure to post what emulator you used and what rom base you patched. So far, i have six level 113 Pokemon and have yet to run into a gamebreaking glitch besides this one. Make sure to not participate in the battle tent either.

Hi im unsure how to check which rom base i used, but the emulator i was running on is on myboy(fullversion)

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Alright, i have several questions that have really been getting on my nerves:

1. Is Thief broken? I tried to get Heart scales using it several time and not a single one came out.
2. Can someone please tell me where I can really find Heart scales?
3. If for some reason Heart sclaes aren't in the game, please tell me how I can use the move relearner.

Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024

1. Is Thief broken? I tried to get Heart scales using it several time and not a single one came out.
3. If for some reason Heart sclaes aren't in the game, please tell me how I can use the move relearner.

Thanks in advance.

Thief works fine. They can be found on wild Luvdisc.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Hi im unsure how to check which rom base i used, but the emulator i was running on is on myboy(fullversion)

Did you get the rom prepatched? I'd recommend using the one called theta-emerald-ex-02-27-17.gba

I can't give a link but it should be simple to find using google.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024

Thanks in advance.

Is your Pokemon using Thief holding an item already, or have Sheer Force as its Ability (which cancels secondary effects of moves)? Either of those would cause Thief to not take an item. Also make sure you are fighting wild Luvdisc, as Luvdisc controlled by trainers are likely not going to hold Heart Scales. I'm pretty sure even wild Luvdisc don't have Heart Scales 100% of the time, so it could just be bad luck.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 7, 2017
Ahh it's nice to hear from LC he's still givin time for this amazing game :) thanks for that, we will be waiting anytime, priorities first..

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I've been replaying TEEX to trade some Pok?mons from my Nameless Fire Red savefile and fix them with the EV Reducing Berries that Nameless lacks.
Compared to some weeks ago where I played the January version, I'm playing the one released the 27th of February now.
While this time my TMs didn't got screwed up, I still can't freaking pick up the Sablenite in Sootopolis.

It's there, I checked the map in Advance Map and it is also there, yet, whenever I press A looking at the exact spot it is in, nothing happens, as if it wasn't there.
Naturally, since the Sablenite is an expanded item, I can't put it in a script or anything 'cause I don't know its ID. Does someone over here somehow have it, by any chance?

EDIT: Unrelated, I think that one of the trainers in the 8th Gym just stole my chance of getting a Shiny.. oh welp.
rbhaiu.png

EDIT2: Speaking of the EV Reducing Berries, is planting them the only way to get more?

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Hey, can I use this as a ROM Base for my hack?

You would have to search every direction on your own.
The one that contains the new Pok?mon data table, sprites table, items table, etc, etc, etc.
Considering that LCCoolJ95 didn't shared any .ini compatible with this Hack though, I suppose he doesn't really want people to use it as a base.

You can get pretty much the same content that TEEX has by applying DizzyEgg & KDS' PokeExpansion, ItemTMTutorExpansion and Battle Engine Upgrade to any Clean Emerald (USA) ROM.
If you need any help with them, you can make any questions in the Battle Engine Upgrade's Thread right here.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 24, 2017
Do pokemon that evolve via stone or link cable still learn moves by level up after evolving in this?

The info for moves learned via level up by Espeon, Trevenant, and Gallade would be particularly helpful, if that's possible

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 28, 2018
Great Game but i cant patch for some strange reason?

help i really want to play this game but cant patch it

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Great Game but i cant patch for some strange reason?

help i really want to play this game but cant patch it
Google the pre patched rom. It's something like theta emerald ex 2-27.gba. It works fine for me.

If you insist on trying to patch it, check the 'ignore' box and try again.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 23, 2023
I am having trouble with random freezing in certain double battles. I am using Visual Boy Advance and the game version i found prepatched is 21-2-2017, I have tried patching an actual game and clicked ignore errors while patching and when i load the game it glitches out and doesn't load so this version i am using is all that works for me. any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 23, 2023
UPDATE: I found the 2.27.2017 version and imported the battery file, will this affect anything at all or will it be fine?

Back