• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
Just started with Pireel, and I lol'd when the friend Aaron told him not to ruin his life lol.
And I think I got a little bug, in the conversations of the characters there are'nt any spaces between the words they are just together... And some of the descriptions like of attacks and abilities dont fit..
EDIT: I got a runtime error when battling Selene and closed the game ):

Last edited:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
The first fight with Selene gave me an error, I'll post it at the bottom of the post. I don't really like that the text boxes are third gen style, but that can be overlooked. Some of the char sheets aren't formatted properly, most notably the heavy man. There are priority errors with the stair cases, which I have a possible solution for, and stair tiles should be moved over a pixel on the sheet. A few of the events could use the wait command, and the pokedex event should have the leaving characters move farther. Selene should move up at least one tile, and the boy and professor at least two, but three would be better.

Weird, I just tried the fight again and it worked, so I can't get the error for you.

For a demo, it's pretty good so far, it just needs some touching up. Hope I didn't come off as offensive, because that wasn't my intention.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
@MasterChief: Install the fonts and you won't get that error, I believe.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
Just made it to the second town. My main impressions so far are...

The battling seems a bit too fast paced, don't know if its because I'm used to the slower d/p style or not, it just seems like there should be longer wait between one area of text or attack to the next.

The selane chick seems to have no personality and has some crazy temper problem, and it comes off as very unrealistic. I would say try and tone down her anger a bit. With that said, I like the story of what I assume is her joining the evil team(I haven't read anything regarding the story in the thread yet).

And lastly, I'm a bit dissappointed I made all of the cries for the pokemon in the demo, but yet only a few are in. It would be one thing If I finished them like two days ago, but I'm fairly certain I finished them like a month ago, and I assume putting sounds in the game isn't that big of a deal.

But its pretty decent, and the tiles look phenomenal.

edit: Oh, and whats wrong with the main characters face? during battle it looks like he want's to beat someone up.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
Fixed the font error it just ocurred if I chose the D/P fonts but with the Fire red and leaf green it worked, going to battle Selene again to see if I get the runtime error again

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Just made it to the second town. My main impressions so far are...

The battling seems a bit too fast paced, don't know if its because I'm used to the slower d/p style or not, it just seems like there should be longer wait between one area of text or attack to the next.

The selane chick seems to have no personality and has some crazy temper problem, and it comes off as very unrealistic. I would say try and tone down her anger a bit. With that said, I like the story of what I assume is her joining the evil team(I haven't read anything regarding the story in the thread yet).

And lastly, I'm a bit dissappointed I made all of the cries for the pokemon in the demo, but yet only a few are in. It would be one thing If I finished them like two days ago, but I'm fairly certain I finished them like a month ago, and I assume putting sounds in the game isn't that big of a deal.

But its pretty decent, and the tiles look phenomenal.

edit: Oh, and whats wrong with the main characters face? during battle it looks like he want's to beat someone up.
I VMd you about the cries.

I'll respond to the graphical comment. Sam and Evan can respond to the others. He looks like he wants to beat someone up because I suck at backsprites. xD

Also. Another bug. The second sign on Route 301 should say "Press Enter." and not "Press A." Please forgive me for that.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
Hey, the backsprite is good, the mouth thing was the only thing I find a little odd.

The only glitch I've found so far, is sometimes when you catch a pokemon, the sound for entering a battle randomly plays. Sometimes its immediately after you catch the pokemon, or sometimes while reading its pokedex.

BTW, the battle with the first arachnia using trainer is HARD as hell if you chose chamelica. I realize you can catch pokemon, but I had a lv.13 chamelica going up again it, and while the level 4 one is easy due to only having harden, the level 5 one is extremely difficult as it has poison sting. Not much of a complaint, but given the quick pace of the game, I think many people will run into this.

I'm also not liking having to backtrack all the way to the starter town immediately when you reach the second. But thats a minor complaint as well.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Hey, the backsprite is good, the mouth thing was the only thing I find a little odd.

The only glitch I've found so far, is sometimes when you catch a pokemon, the sound for entering a battle randomly plays. Sometimes its immediately after you catch the pokemon, or sometimes while reading its pokedex.
It's the song itself, it's is in a loop that's what causes it. =[

Years
For me I don't really like how it's B/W looking.The screenshots that you took down was what I thought the game would be like, and I liked the small sprites......like in the support bar.

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
I personally love the graphics. I think you need to make the music a little better when it loops, and when after you fight Seleste for the first time the characters need to move further away before they disappear, at the moment they vanish on screen.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
It's the song itself, it's is in a loop that's what causes it. =[

Ah I see.

Anyways, after exploring more, I found a few more glitches.

The fat guy who sits next to lapras, it you walk to him face to face, he stands over you, as opposed to your sprite on top of his like normal.

There are two house to the left of that guy, in the one with two people in it, and neither of them can be spoken to, I don't know if you just didn't write anything for them or not.

But other than all of what I said, I don't have any complaints. I think the main thing to do from here is try and get a new version put up in a week or two with all of the tiles like water and tables made so you don't walk through them.

Also I love the feel of whimbrel town. I also think the current music, even if temprary, fits it very well. I think if you want to go above an beyond, you should give it a cool festive, beach type city feel to it. If you've seen the pokemon 2000 movie, I think the city ash arrives in in the beginning is a good reference.

Lastly, whoever did the overworlds did a great job. The fat guy who runs the lapras boat service, and the really young kid like the one talking about how dangerous going into tall grass is are my favorite.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
Still getting the runtimeerror when battling Selene the first time, this is what it says:

Script 'Interpreter' line 274: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 19, map 40 (Oriole Town)
Exception: TypeError
Message: Section037:113:in 'blt' can't convert NilClass into Bitmap
***Full script:
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainer::PkMnTRAINER_Female, "Selene",_("WHAT?! But I had the best Pokemon!"),false,1)
Interpreter:239:in 'pbExecuteScript'
SpriteResizer:113:in 'snap_to_bitmap'
PokemonField:573:in 'pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonTrainers:405:in 'pbTrainerBattle'
(eval):1:in 'pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:785:in 'eval'
Interpreter:785:in 'command_111'
Interpreter:318:in 'execute_command'
Interpreter:191:in 'update'

That is the message I get when I want to battle Selene, hope you can tell me how to fix it!
EDIT: the aipom smiley is : 1 : but together and the :P is well you know : P but together

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Still getting the runtimeerror when battling Selene the first time, this is what it says:

Script 'Interpreter' line 274: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 19, map 40 (Oriole Town)
Exception: TypeError
Message: Section037:113:in 'blt' can't convert NilClass into Bitmap
***Full script:
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainer::PkMnTRAINER_Female, "Selene",_("WHAT?! But I had the best Pokemon!"),false,1)
SpriteResizer:113:in 'snap_to_bitmap'
PokemonField:573:in 'pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonTrainers:405:in 'pbTrainerBattle'
(eval):1:in 'pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:785:in 'eval'
Interpreter:785:in 'command_111'
Interpreter:318:in 'execute_command'
Interpreter:191:in 'update'

That is the message I get when I want to battle Selene, hope you can tell me how to fix it!
EDIT: the aipom smiley is : 1 : but together and the :P is well you know : P but together
Do you have the RGPXP rtp?

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
From the official site I think not sure, or check the sticked Rules topic.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
I feel really bad I'm getting to enjoy this for whatever reason while other people are trying to get their versions to work, but I just got a salavern, and I have to say I LOVE the animation for evolution. Not sure if you made it yourself, but its extremely professional.

Also, it seems some of the sounds are too quiet, maybe I'll have to turn up the volume on some of them. Because the salavern I just got has its cry, but you can BARELY hear it. If anyone else has the problem let me know.

Edit: Also, I just got the palebadge which allows trades up to lv.30 to obey you...but I've been using that "colbert" flujay that you get in the in-game trade, and it won't obey despite being at lv.15. Right now I'm in the battle right with team solar after leaving the gym btw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back