• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah I agree, but they seem like they'd fit into other gyms. For example Flareon in the gym we predict is fire and so on. Umbreon just doesn't seem like a gym Pokemon. XD; Idk why tbh.

Years
If there is/will be a Dark Gym then i'm screwed. :paranoid: Usually most of my teams, at the time of the 6th Gym, are 1/2 Ghost and Psychic.
I wonder how this Dark Gym challenge could go anyways? Like Fatima's Ghost Gym? 100 Questions Quiz Time!
Anyways I wanna see a Dual Type Gym. That's right Dual Type. Maybe Fire and Water? Water and Ice? Dark and Psychic? So many possibilities! But of course this Gym will probably occur at mid-game where we could actually have a good team to counter the two types.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Questions? Nah that wouldn't be very "dark". Maybe the leader would be cloaked like in Kanto? As for a dual-type gym, I kinda doubt it, I mean we just had triples and we know they're gone so idk why they'd jump back to dual :(

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Yeah the dark gym would probably be to navigate a hidden path like with Morty.

You know what we need? A late game Rock gym. Show people that Rock pokemon aren't just some scrubs easily beaten by water pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Unless it's in Dragonspiral tower, idk where else it can fit post-game. :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Rock could fit in a new town if they added anymore.
Perhaps the gyms are balanced out, so no matter which starter you pick there is a challenge at at least one point in the game.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
We need another fire gym. Blaine was in 1st Generation, Flannery in 3rd Generation, and 5th needs an actual Fire gym to keep the chain going.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Well, Electric's shown up in 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th generations, but never in the Elite Four. I think Electric needs to be moved from a Gym to Elite Four status.

And actually, a Rock gym could be challenging this time around no matter where it is. Just make sure they have a Boldore or two. The combo of Sturdy and Sand Attack/Mud Slap and various powerful offensive attacks caused me much aggravation in B/W; surely a Gym Leader armed with that powerful weapon of mass frustration could pose a major threat during the course of the game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
We need another fire gym. Blaine was in 1st Generation, Flannery in 3rd Generation, and 5th needs an actual Fire gym to keep the chain going.
Agreed, I would like to see another cool fire gym leader, they're quite likeable imo. And seeing how the Unova Pokedex is quite large they could have quite the selection of fire Pokemon compared to the other two.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I wouldn't mind seeing a Fire-type Gym set up in the Unova Region. I never noticed the odd number pattern before, but just to keep up an "unofficial" trend going, then I'd be all for it. Even more so that we'll now have a Water-type Gym and more than likely the Trio Gym will be replaced(?).

I'd also like to see a Dark-type Gym for the first time, however, if Grimsley is still kept as an Elite member, then it probably won't happen until maybe the 6th Generation comes out.

I'm actually hoping we get a couple other new Gym Leaders other than Homika and Shizui added in. It would definitely make the experience of the games feel more like a new journey, and that's something I'd like, since Black and White didn't leave the best impression on me.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Here's my theory: I think that after you beat the game there will be more gyms to complete the other gyms will open seeing as there are now more towns. Perhaps you will have to earn 16 badges in Unova now? That would be interesting and just like G/S/C.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
A dark gym would be great. I'd also like to see a legitimate grass gym, one later in the game, maybe around 6th challenge? As I always pick the water starter a real grass gym and not just a fake one with a monkey would give me a great challenge. I use dark and psychic types a lot later in the games, but not in the gym challenges really so if they do have any "extra" gyms I'd like to see an antagonistic type for both.

Years
I'd love to see a Dark type gym! But of course, I think the only gyms that will be replaced are Striaton's city gym and Nacrene city gym, because those two cities are covered in ice. The rest of the gyms will stay...I think.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I'd love to see a Dark type gym! But of course, I think the only gyms that will be replaced are Striaton's city gym and Nacrene city gym, because those two cities are covered in ice. The rest of the gyms will stay...I think.

i agree, sadly...then the only true new gyms will be Homika and Shizui...but hopefully they will do some sort of "extra gym"...

All i can say is, i want rematches.

Years
Well, Electric's shown up in 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th generations, but never in the Elite Four. I think Electric needs to be moved from a Gym to Elite Four status.

And actually, a Rock gym could be challenging this time around no matter where it is. Just make sure they have a Boldore or two. The combo of Sturdy and Sand Attack/Mud Slap and various powerful offensive attacks caused me much aggravation in B/W; surely a Gym Leader armed with that powerful weapon of mass frustration could pose a major threat during the course of the game.

I would like to see an Electric E4 member, we've had 4 Electric Gym Leaders but no E4 members.

These types have yet to be specialized by an E4 member: Electric, Flying, Grass, Normal, Rock, Steel and Water.

I'm hoping for a new Dark-type Gym too.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Here's my theory: I think that after you beat the game there will be more gyms to complete the other gyms will open seeing as there are now more towns. Perhaps you will have to earn 16 badges in Unova now? That would be interesting and just like G/S/C.

16? I'd love the extra challenge but I don't think GF are that nice. ;; Maybe like, 12 but not the complete 16 or something tbh. If there's a few other gyms that'd be nice, but ya I guess I'll deal with just Homika/Water leader if that's what there's gunna be. :(

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Even though this is very unlikely to occur in the 5th generation(only because of the map) i would love to see the gyms added with thier respective enviroments instead of in a building in the middle of the city

Ex Fire- gym inside a volcano
Electric- Gym is a power plant
Poisen-( in the future) maybe in a hospitol and the gym leader is a doctor

IKawaiiThief

Summer Sakura Trainer!
Years
With the revelation of Homika and Shizui, I can definitely see there being new gyms. I kinda want 16 Gyms, probably 8 during the main story and another 8 to fight post story, but it doesn't seem likely.

Homika-Poison-Koffing level 15, Venipede level 13

Shizui-Water- Psyduck level 20, Alomola level 18

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
With the revelation of Homika and Shizui, I can definitely see there being new gyms. I kinda want 16 Gyms, probably 8 during the main story and another 8 to fight post story, but it doesn't seem likely.

Homika-Poison-Koffing level 15, Venipede level 13

Shizui-Water- Psyduck level 20, Alomola level 18

Shizui has three Pokemon. Still think he's gunna Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back