• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Deck for the Battle Roads... a little help?

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Hey PC. So, since the PLF set is about to be released, and I've been hearing a lot of hype around the new deck, Deoxys/Thundurus/Lugia/Snorlax/HypnoGym. It basically uses Deoxys to powerup attacks with its ability, Thundurus and Lugia to KO things fast, Snorlax/Lasers to stall and poison the opponent. I really like the idea, but I figured out pretty fast that it will fall to pieces against Garbodor/Darkrai/Hammers; another deck I love. This one blocks all abilities while discarding opponent's energy. A great strategy. However, that deck may lose against things like landorus and Tool Scrapper decks. another deck that Im considering is Keldeo/Blastoise/Black Kyurem. For those that don't know, this deck uses Blastoise's ability to attach incredible amounts of energy to Keldeo and Kyurem, and big blast the defending Pokémon. It's usually pretty quick, too.

So my question this time is not about rating decks. I would like you guys to help me decide which deck to run.

1) Thundurus / Deoxys / Lugia / Snorlax / HypnoGym
2) Garbodor / Darkrai / Hammers
3) Blastoise / Keldeo / Black Kyurem

Which deck?

Years
I'd be wary of hype decks that receive a lot of hype prior to a set's release, and I'd instead focus on countering the hype decks if I were in your position. Many of the hype decks I've seen in the past 4 years had counters discovered for them after the first major tournament they were used in, if not sooner than that.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Cool. I'm currently constructing a list consisting of 3 Garbo, 3 Darkrai, 4 Sableye, 4 HTL, and 4 Enhanced Hammer. It's definitely gonna be tight, but I'll try it lol.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Pretty sweet actually. Placed top 4 in two BRs, and will be heading to LA BRs next week. I'll post the list now. I think it still needs work, so any help is appreciated!

Back