• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
i think there is a zoroark starting today until the 25th in the U.S which you find a code out of one of the pokemon magazines im not sure which one it is i saw it mentioned on serebii the other day
The Snarl Zoroark event is happening at Toys R Us. I think you've mixed up the Pokémon, but Nintendo is giving out a Halloween Banette in the October issue of their "Nintendo Power" magazine. There's a password/code you receive from the magazine and you can get a Banette from that.

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
I need this question resolved before September ends. A couple of days ago I asked how do you get that Birthday Togekiss. I was told to Check the E-Z mail but it stays at 0%. I left it on for 2 days to see if it was just lagging but it stood at 0%. Is there anyway to make it load. I don't want to wait until next September to get my Togekiss. I noticed the Promotions isn't loading either.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
I need this question resolved before September ends. A couple of days ago I asked how do you get that Birthday Togekiss. I was told to Check the E-Z mail but it stays at 0%. I left it on for 2 days to see if it was just lagging but it stood at 0%. Is there anyway to make it load. I don't want to wait until next September to get my Togekiss. I noticed the Promotions isn't loading either.

For me, the Black and White servers are down at the moment for some unknown reason. Why? I haven't the slightest clue.
However, the promotions and events are not loading up on any of my three NDSs either.

The Mystery Gifts through Nintendo WFC seems to be down as well.

Druddigon

Arceus Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2011
Hey guys.
I caught Kyurem a while back, and just traded him.
I just beat the E4 / Alder today and when I went back to Giant Chasm and went to the little pond, nothing happened!

I was told that they come back after you beat E4??

AresTheAwesome

The Awesome Trainer...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
Hey guys.
I just beat the E4 / Alder today and when I went back to Giant Chasm and went to the little pond, nothing happened!

Welp, looks like kyurems gone buddy :D

loljk, im not sure about that, im still doin my second playthrough, and btw im doin great with out the pokemanz that were reccomended to me, and so... i have no clue. But i didnt capture him untill after i beat e4 second time. THIS HAS BEEN AN ARES REPORT -news music-

~Ares~

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, it doesn't regenerate. Why would it? It's a legendary, there's only one that crashed into Unova. Unfortunately, you lost your Kyurem. At least you still have the Pokedex entry for it, if you were going for completion. I'm sure the Trade Corner would be helpful if you want a new one though.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Hey guys.

No offensive, but why did you trade him in the first place? Second, defeating the Elite Four and the Champion only
allow Legendary Pokemon to respawn if you defeated them or if you had to flee the battle. If you capture it, the flag is checked as caught and the
respawn script will stop. Sorry, but it's gone forever, now. (Unless you get it traded back.)

Toujours said:
I'm sure the Trade Corner would be helpful if you want a new one though.
Toujours is right. I'm sure you can get someone to trade you a new one from the Trade Corner.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Pokemon Dream World Shift

I don't know if its the best place to ask about Dream World....anyway...

Recently, I unlocked a new Dream World Location. Now, I am suppose to have both the Forest and the Windswept Sky right? But I can't seem to find a way to choose one of them in the Dream Bridge. When I go using the Dream Bridge, it automatically sets me in the Windswept Sky. I remember I played yesterday, but it actually set me in the forest :/

Can someone tell me how the operation works? How can I shift between a zone to another. Is it related to the day? Thnx...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't know if its the best place to ask about Dream World....anyway...

Recently, I unlocked a new Dream World Location. Now, I am suppose to have both the Forest and the Windswept Sky right? But I can't seem to find a way to choose one of them in the Dream Bridge. When I go using the Dream Bridge, it automatically sets me in the Windswept Sky. I remember I played yesterday, but it actually set me in the forest :/

Can someone tell me how the operation works? How can I shift between a zone to another. Is it related to the day? Thnx...

It can't really be changed, it's completely random. I find that clicking in random spots sometimes worked but really it's all up to chance, which is annoying. :( Just exit I guess as soon as you enter one area.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
That's really cheap. >< Thanks for the info.

Ok, new question just now: I'm trying to get two games, Pokemon Black and White, to connect on the Hi-Link since I want to visit the Black game's Black City in order to make grass patches and water show up in my White game's White Forest. I know these DS's can connect since I just used them to trade Pokemon with each other. Yet, when my characters go to the bridge in Hi-Link, the connection bar is red and even after letting them sit a few minutes, there is no sign of them establishing a connection with each other. I even tried all combinations involving going to different ends of the bridge, but still no success. The only explanation I can think of is in the Black game the character has only just made it to Hiun ("Castellia"?) City for the first time (2 badges), where as in the White I've beaten the story and visited every location, including White Forest. Maybe the Black game character has to visit Black City first?

EDIT: Ok, looks like we can't both be in Hi-Link at the same time. My White guy is in White Forest, and my Black in the Hi-Link. I got through the bridge portal, but there's nothing to do there. I wandered all over and all I can do is talk to the elderly man about missions or go back to my normal world. Plus, I'm worried I may need to have my Black guy in Black City and my White guy in the Hi-Link to make grass appear in my White game's White Forest, but as I said, my Black character is far from unlocking that part of the game. :-/
Could I please get some help with this question? Thanks.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Okay, here's how it works. To get into the world of Player 1, Player 1 has to be anywhere on the hexagon part of the map, any of those towns, not in the Entralink but not in the first few towns either. Doesn't matter where, although situating them close to the Black City/White Forest makes it easier. Player 2 goes into Entralink and goes across the bridge. They pick a mission, usually one with a long time limit or none at all, and it teleports them to the town or area where the other player is, or near it. Then Player 2 ignores the mission and goes to the Black City/White Forest, talks to people, and gets them to come over.

Is that clear? :3

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
So I wanna ask for tips or suggestions. I can't beat the Elite 4 in White.. and it's super frustrating. I'm so underlevelled and I grind but I keep switching pokemon because I don't know which ones will end up good I wanna evolve them too and by the time I level them up to around 40 I feel like they end up crummy and it's just so rage inducing.. :C There is no good grinding spot.

Forgive me for not being totally good with the names.. I nickname all my pokemon so I tend to forget their real names:
My good ones are my Dar-something (Red chicken-monkey thing with gorrilla arms.. fire type)
Snivy-evolvedform (my highest levelled pokemon at level 55ish)
The birdpheastant one.. Unfeasant?

:/ I just noticed my good ones seem to be all attack-powered guys..

I feel like I should just somewhat EV train something with a decent nature (anything that wont make it bad) like a jellicent (because my turtle carracosta or whatever sucks bigtime) so at least I wont have to grind it all the way to level 70 for it to stand a chance..

Or.. what should I do? :C I hear litwick is good.. maybe I'll half ev train that one..? Like.. I dunno.. I wish there was a good grinding spot in B/W..

>_> Blargh..

ALSO! One time when I traded a green-mitosis thingy for the goth girl.. ._. the gothica or whatever didn't show up in my PC but my greenie was gone. Do you guys know what happened there? Did I get gypped? Nothing went wrong when it was saving or anything.. so it's confusing .___. I traded with someone in Korea that I didn't know with that trade center thingy .__________.
Ugh I'm sorry, I'm such a casual gamer I am terrible at names ;___; But please help if you can offer any suggestions!

OTL

devilace372

cast between dusk and dawn
Years
So I wanna ask for tips or suggestions. I can't beat the Elite 4 in White.. and it's super frustrating. I'm so underlevelled and I grind but I keep switching pokemon because I don't know which ones will end up good I wanna evolve them too and by the time I level them up to around 40 I feel like they end up crummy and it's just so rage inducing.. :C There is no good grinding spot.

Forgive me for not being totally good with the names.. I nickname all my pokemon so I tend to forget their real names:
My good ones are my Dar-something (Red chicken-monkey thing with gorrilla arms.. fire type)
Snivy-evolvedform (my highest levelled pokemon at level 55ish)
The birdpheastant one.. Unfeasant?

:/ I just noticed my good ones seem to be all attack-powered guys..

I feel like I should just somewhat EV train something with a decent nature (anything that wont make it bad) like a jellicent (because my turtle carracosta or whatever sucks bigtime) so at least I wont have to grind it all the way to level 70 for it to stand a chance..

Or.. what should I do? :C I hear litwick is good.. maybe I'll half ev train that one..? Like.. I dunno.. I wish there was a good grinding spot in B/W..

>_> Blargh..

ALSO! One time when I traded a green-mitosis thingy for the goth girl.. ._. the gothica or whatever didn't show up in my PC but my greenie was gone. Do you guys know what happened there? Did I get gypped? Nothing went wrong when it was saving or anything.. so it's confusing .___. I traded with someone in Korea that I didn't know with that trade center thingy .__________.
Ugh I'm sorry, I'm such a casual gamer I am terrible at names ;___; But please help if you can offer any suggestions!

OTL

hey in nimbasa city the two stadiums will have 8 trainers in each who you can battle once everyday they have level 65 pokemon bt you should be able to level up also, on the route above undella town there is a guy in a black suite too the left of a lady with a parasol, once a day you can get an item off him for free and one of the items you can gt is another lucky egg (if your lucky that he gives it you on that day) and the routes around undella town and undella bay the pokemon there are high levels which you can grind against.

hop i helped :)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
To add on if anything...

Red chicken-monkey thing with gorilla arms = Darmanitan
Snivy's evolved form = Servine
Birdpheastant = Sigilyph
561.png
? If not, Mandibuzz?
630.png

Green mitosis = Solosis (or its evolutions)

I enjoyed reading the struggle you had to describe these Pokémon. XD

I'm not sure what happened there, you should have received the Gothica. o_o Did you try double checking your PC boxes/did your Solosis really go through?

As for your team, Jellicent is actually a really great Pokémon to use. I say go for it, as it definitely has a good chance of helping you through the Elite Four if you're looking for Pokémon to have some power in Special Attack. Litwick isn't a bad choice either, and of course you should evolve it into its last evolution, Chandelure.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
hey in nimbasa city the two stadiums will have 8 trainers in each who you can battle once everyday they have level 65 pokemon bt you should be able to level up also, on the route above undella town there is a guy in a black suite too the left of a lady with a parasol, once a day you can get an item off him for free and one of the items you can gt is another lucky egg (if your lucky that he gives it you on that day) and the routes around undella town and undella bay the pokemon there are high levels which you can grind against.

hop i helped :)

Honestly I completely forgot about those stadiums! That does help, thank you!! @_@ I just was battling in the trainer house in the dragon town but there were only 2 people there that you could battle with ;_;

So yes! It does help a ton!

Honestly, it kinda surprises me how I ended up with such low-levels at this point of the game. I just opened my DS soo..

Kaori:
@_@ The bird one is Unfeazant (just checked).. right now the pokemon in my party are these.. (I dunno which ones are worth levelling)

Deino Jolly (level 44)
Carracosta.. terrible >_> level 41..
Unfezant level 48 **
Serperior level 50**
druddigon (bold) level 34
Ducklett level 28 ._.

**= pokemon that I like and that are pretty good right now.

Also.. um.. I remember like in pearl there are like berries that reverse if you got EV points.. is there something like that in B/W? .__. Just cause I don't remember if I gave my Deino enough attack-evs (halfway through I just started battling randomly in tall grass.. soo... .___.;;

I'm not sure what happened there, you should have received the Gothica. o_o Did you try double checking your PC boxes/did your Solosis really go through?

Trust me, I like.. quadrupledmillion checked. Where my solosis was there was just a blank space. I didn't have him anymore.. and the gothica was nowhere to be found. I thought maybe whoever I traded with pulled something on me. It was my first time trading that way before (I like trading for nicknamed pokemon that aren't gamesharked) but that incident got me so confused I didn't want to do it again.
.__. It's yeah.. it's not in my boxes or anything. Nothing.. but in my dex it says I have it =_= Weirdest ever!!!

Anyways.. what do you think of a Scrafty too? Are they good? ._.

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
Years
How do I get a Birthday Togekiss? I went to my Trainer Club account, got the message and went to PGL. But nada. No Togekiss. The instruction isn't that very informative. Can I at least know what I'm doing wrong here? x_X

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
So both players have to be at least so far in the game, like Raimon City (the place with the 4th gym leader) where I assume the "hexagon" begins?

You mean Nimbasa? Yeah, they have to be at least that far.

How do I get a Birthday Togekiss? I went to my Trainer Club account, got the message and went to PGL. But nada. No Togekiss. The instruction isn't that very informative. Can I at least know what I'm doing wrong here? x_X

Did you check the promotion area of the PGL?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Kaori:
@_@ The bird one is Unfeazant (just checked).. right now the pokemon in my party are these.. (I dunno which ones are worth levelling)

Deino Jolly (level 44)
Unfezant level 48 **
Serperior level 50**
Ducklett level 28 ._.

Also.. um.. I remember like in pearl there are like berries that reverse if you got EV points.. is there something like that in B/W? .__. Just cause I don't remember if I gave my Deino enough attack-evs (halfway through I just started battling randomly in tall grass.. soo... .___.;;

Trust me, I like.. quadrupledmillion checked. Where my solosis was there was just a blank space. I didn't have him anymore.. and the gothica was nowhere to be found. I thought maybe whoever I traded with pulled something on me. It was my first time trading that way before (I like trading for nicknamed pokemon that aren't gamesharked) but that incident got me so confused I didn't want to do it again.
.__. It's yeah.. it's not in my boxes or anything. Nothing.. but in my dex it says I have it =_= Weirdest ever!!!

How could I forget Unfezant. :S

I actually found Ducklett's evo, Swanna, really helpful to me for the Elite Four. If you continue to level it up, it definitely becomes more useful when evolved.

The only way you can get those berries are via the Dream World, since there are no berries whatsover to be found in the game.

Huh, that is so strange. The GTS is so messed up to me. :(

Scrafty is a really good physical attacker and both its base defense/sp. def is high, so I'm pretty sure it'll help you get through the Elite Four as well.

devilace372

cast between dusk and dawn
Years
Honestly I completely forgot about those stadiums! That does help, thank you!! @_@ I just was battling in the trainer house in the dragon town but there were only 2 people there that you could battle with ;_;

So yes! It does help a ton!

Honestly, it kinda surprises me how I ended up with such low-levels at this point of the game. I just opened my DS soo..

Kaori:

Deino Jolly (level 44)
Unfezant level 48 **
Serperior level 50**
Ducklett level 28 ._.

hey i used a jolly druddigon which i EV trained for the elite four and it help me out alot, scrafty is really good physical attacker as well as good defensive stats which i would highly recommend, carracosta i used for one of my run throughs n it was really slow and basically if it ddnt hav sturdy i would have died every time i used it

what types are you lookin to use for your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back