• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: OWM: OverWorld Manager

Tapan681

RiverDream
Years
Download link is not working.Can you provide mediafire link?

edit:- link is working correctly

But I am getting an error when I tried to open it. It says
"This program cant start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstallingthe program to fix this problem".

Solution :- Install/Update Visual C++

im_mega

Some guy on the internet.
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Has anybody found out how to fix previously broken roms? I still can't figure out where the fixer is in the latest version, and I'm starting to get kinda frustrated as I tried to use the manual method with Hex Editing somebody posted a while back, but I can't seem to find the right offset to change. Thanks in advance.

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
The fixer was a separate program I uploaded when I updated the tool for those who used the previous version but deleted it after ~1.5 month.

Right now you'll have to either manually change the animation pointers of the OWs, (change the pointer 0x18 bytes after your ow's data address with the pointer the ow had in the beggining) or hope that someone pms me the fixer or re-uploads them, as I also deleted the source code.

im_mega

Some guy on the internet.
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
The fixer was a separate program I uploaded when I updated the tool for those who used the previous version but deleted it after ~1.5 month.

Right now you'll have to either manually change the animation pointers of the OWs, (change the pointer 0x18 bytes after your ow's data address with the pointer the ow had in the beggining) or hope that someone pms me the fixer or re-uploads them, as I also deleted the source code.

Hmm, that sucks. Hopefully somebody has it!

So, when I got to the Nurse Joy's data address, and I go 0x18 bytes after that, supposedly, the pointer should be 70 34 3A 08, but for me, it isn't. Instead, it's 88 92 50 08, which is different except for the last byte. Could I use the OWM to repoint a fresh rom and then use the pointers 0x18 bytes after the data address from that? Thanks in advance! I just didn't want to progress on my hack if I had to restart again.

EDIT: Okay, so I just did what I described above, and to my surprise, it worked! Only thing is, though, I don't know how many animations are broken. If you know/have a list, could you post a list of all the broken animations. I have Nurse Joy working without crashing the game, atleast. Thanks!

Last edited:

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
Hmm, that sucks. Hopefully somebody has it!
Okay, so I just did what I described above, and to my surprise, it worked! Only thing is, though, I don't know how many animations are broken. If you know/have a list, could you post a list of all the broken animations. I have Nurse Joy working without crashing the game, atleast. Thanks!

Glad to hear! I don't have a complete list but its not difficult to spot them. If you see on OW that can do "more" than just walk (or even do something completely different) then it'll have a different animation pointer. For e.x. the hero running ow has more frames for running, so it'll have a different animation pointer from an OW that can just walk. Another example would be the Nurse Joy or the Hero that uses the pokeball right before fly, they are not designed for a walking animation so they'll also have a different animation pointer.

In the previous version, when OWM was repointing-recreating the original table it made the animation pointer of all the OWs the pointer for "normal walking animation". That's why this bug happened. The new version, just keeps the animation pointer an OW had when it repoints it.

Another thing worth metnioning is that in the latest version when OWM inserts a new OW the animation pointer it assigns it is the "running animation". That means that new OWs can both walk and run. I was planning to add a mini-tool inside OWM that would let you change the animation pointer and show you what pointers are used by what OWs. But I'd like to do some research and see if anything more could be done.

Shogun

I'll be back
Years
I have a question :
I'm using JPAN. I have insert a new table with your tool.
In my table I have added some OW.
But, how to use these OW in A-map ? I can't show them, when I use a value after 151, an error message appeared.

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
I have a question :
I'm using JPAN. I have insert a new table with your tool.
In my table I have added some OW.
But, how to use these OW in A-map ? I can't show them, when I use a value after 151, an error message appeared.

I don't know why this one happens, although its most probably an issue with A-Map.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2023
Hey, whenever I add an overworld sprite with this, the rom breaks in advance map. Specifically, it makes me unable to edit events because when I click on the events tab it crashes Advance Map. (I'm using AM 1.92 btw) In addition, when I load the rom in VBA, some of the sprites are messed up; pic below

http://imgur.com/4oAvrw8

If there's a fix for this, that'd be really helpful. Btw, I'm using the 1460 mon rombase as well, without JPAN's engine

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
Thank you for creating this tool! I haven't fully explored it yet, but from what I've seen it looks promising.
I do have one question though: what's the difference between the palette slot and the palette ID?

EDIT: To add to my first question, I'm having a problem with replacing OW # 4 in Emerald. I resized it to 48 x 48 and expanded it to account for nine frames. After insertion of all of the frames (I'm using a Lapras OW sheet for this), I tested it in the game but only the first frame could be displayed, no matter what orientation the Lapras was in.
In addition to that, sometimes when inserting a sprite sheet, the palette is miscolored in game.

Last edited:

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
Thank you for creating this tool! I haven't fully explored it yet, but from what I've seen it looks promising.

Thank you very much! :)

Anthroyd said:
I do have one question though: what's the difference between the palette slot and the palette ID?

Every Palette is represented like this PP PP PP PP DD DD 00 in the palette table, where PP is the pointer to the actual data of the palette, DD is the ID of the palette (which is unique for each palette) and 00s are for padding.

The Palette Slots are as the name implies slots that the gba uses to hold the data of palettes for the NPCs currently on the screen. Although, the default Gen III system is pretty inflexible, since only slot 0x0 and 0xA are loaded dynamically and slot 0x0 is already connected with the warp arrow and emoji bubbles so editing it isn't really convenient. That leaves us only with slot 0xA that can have a custom palette. Note that if your OW's slot is 0x2, for ex, the OW's palette will be the palette that exists in this slot (in-game).

A nice fix for that was Navenatox's Palette Patch, but unfortunately its only for Fire Red.

Anthroyd said:
EDIT: To add to my first question, I'm having a problem with replacing OW # 4 in Emerald. I resized it to 48 x 48 and expanded it to account for nine frames. After insertion of all of the frames (I'm using a Lapras OW sheet for this), I tested it in the game but only the first frame could be displayed, no matter what orientation the Lapras was in.

I have really no idea why such a thing happens.

Anthroyd said:
In addition to that, sometimes when inserting a sprite sheet, the palette is miscolored in game.

It might be due to the palette slot your OW is using. Try changing it to 0xA.

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
Thank you for responding. :)
A nice fix for that was Navenatox's Palette Patch, but unfortunately its only for Fire Red.
Unfortunately I am hacking Emerald, so this is not an option.

I have really no idea why such a thing happens.
You know, it might just be that particular lapras sprite sheet. Inserting the lapras in any other index results in the same thing happening; however, inserting something like a Shaymin at any index doesn't cause this issue. I'll do some tweaking to see if I can come up with a workaround.

It might be due to the palette slot your OW is using. Try changing it to 0xA.
Here's what the sprite looks like in OWM:
Spoiler:

...And here's what the sprite looks like in game (after and before changing the palette slot to 10):
Spoiler:

The sprite is that purple thing next to the flower in the upper-right hand corner. As you can see, the color is still off. :/
Do you see anything that might be off in the screenshots?

Edit: The Shaymin palette issue is most likely because something else is using that dynamic palette slot. Since the 0x0 slot is already being taken by the player, there's only one other slot to work with which is the 0xA slot. The Shaymin is using this, but something else is probably already hogging its memory space, which is why Shaymin isn't being colored correctly. This issue is no longer very important since I decided to port everything over to a Fire Red ROM, allowing me to use the dynamic slots patch. I'm not sure if the Lapras thing will still be an issue. I'll try to import it into Fire Red but if it still isn't working, I'll definitely switch over to a Relicanth (this has already been changed in my scripts, but I'm going to test the Lapras one more time).

Last edited:

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I wonder when a 32 bit version of this program will come out I would love to use it

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Mine is also Windows 7 32 bit ill try it again to see if it works

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
It didn't work on mine how did you get it to work on yours

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 8, 2016
First up, thank you Kimonas for creating this awesome program, It helps noobs such as myself immensely. My one request would be an animation pointer editor. I couldn't find the animation pointers for Emerald anywhere on poke community, I figured posting them here may benefit some people. Not sure if these are Emerald only, but that's where they came from.
Standard: 00 91 50 08
Hero: 88 92 50 08
Hero sit: 88 93 50 08
Hero use: 3C 94 50 08
Hero fish: 64 94 50 08
Nurse Joy: E8 93 50 08
Biker: E8 92 50 08
Berry tree: 40 94 50 08
Object: AC 90 50 08
Tree: 5C 94 50 08
Rock smash: 54 94 50 08
Other: B0 90 50 08
Rayquaza: 38 92 50 08
Groudon: A0 91 50 08
Ho-oh: 50 91 50 08
If anybody needs to know how to use these, just ask and I'll do a small write-up.
Cheers

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 14, 2023
yeah, i got this problem.When enter the Oak Lab, pokeball and the pokedex OW get messed up into pokedex and Cuttable tree instead. If you open your bag it will be fixed, but for next time it will still messed up. (already use the exp box artificial red and dynamic overworld patch)
Hope for fixing it.

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
yeah, i got this problem.When enter the Oak Lab, pokeball and the pokedex OW get messed up into pokedex and Cuttable tree instead. If you open your bag it will be fixed, but for next time it will still messed up. (already use the exp box artificial red and dynamic overworld patch)
Hope for fixing it.

Will definitely look into it once I'll have some spare time. Will also update the way it handles indexes images, specifically it will put an image's palette's colors in the order they are (if the image was indexed). Also, will release the, unjustifiably late, 32 bit version.

Back