• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Idea for two games

ZhaneAugustine

Old Fart Gym living water poke
Years
Hey I am new!

Anyway the first game I call Pokemob Generations, as it deals with 3 generations of 1 family. You start off as a trainer, just as normal games do, then of course fight through an evil organization, ala Glactic to save the world. The badguy simply wants to destroy all life, no starting over for him. Eventually you defeat him, become pokemon champ and coose 1 of three mates to marry. A gym leader, a breeder, or a ranger.

The second generation is slightly different. Depending whom you cose to marry, he/she would either have no choice but to become a trainer, if you married the gym leader, Or either a ranger or breeder, like his other parent. Again the same masked villian tries to wreck life, again you defeat him, and either become champ, like your mom or dad, or an expert breeder/ head ranger.

Finally the third generation comes along with thesame choices of his parent. Theres an ultimate revolation and confruntation with the villian for the final time, and the game ultimately comes to an end.

The 2nd game has elements of FABLE and STARWARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC. Depending on your choices, you could become pokemon champ, or lead a shadowy, bad guy group. I don't really have a title for this game.

so what does anyone think?

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Hey I am new! Hey! I'm the local plot critic, sooo...

Anyway the first game I call Pokemob Generations, as it deals with 3 generations of 1 family Hm...interesting.... You start off as a trainer, just as normal games do, then of course fight through an evil organization That's not a given..., ala Glactic Do you have a reason for fighting TG? What are their goals? Intents? What problems are they causing? to save the world. The badguy simply wants to destroy all life Why, though?, no starting over for him There's ALWAYS time to start over; that's not a message I agree with.... Eventually you defeat him, become pokemon champ and coose 1 of three mates to marry. A gym leader, a breeder, or a ranger. ...okay, so then it time warps?

The second generation is slightly different. Depending whom you cose to marry, he/she would either have no choice but to become a trainer, if you married the gym leader So is it just a choice thing, or do all of these potential marriage 'candidates' have their own plots, possibly intertwined?, Or either a ranger or breeder, like his other parent. Again the same masked villian Why masked? tries to wreck life, again you defeat him, and either become champ, like your mom or dad, or an expert breeder/ head ranger. ...and then the cyclic process continues?

Finally the third generation comes along with thesame choices of his parent. Theres an ultimate revolation and confruntation with the villian for the final time, and the game ultimately comes to an end. ...I'd like to see some of this fleshed out, as well as my TG question answered. It's a cool premise, but how do you make, essentially, three games fit into one with the time breaks? Unless they, for whatever reason, give one of their pkmn to their son/daughter as a gift to start their journey, so that's how it loops...or maybe all three don't reach the same levels of trainer-ness. One could be a champion, and the other two could be epic failures...

The 2nd game has elements of FABLE and STARWARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC I don't play those games; could you explain what that means?. Depending on your choices, you could become pokemon champ, or lead a shadowy, bad guy group ...or everything in the continuum between? Meh, choices are difficult to deal with sometimes.... I don't really have a title for this game.

so what does anyone think?
I'd like a follow-up to see what you're thinking for this stuff...

ZhaneAugustine

Years
I'd like a follow-up to see what you're thinking for this stuff...

Well i thought of using rpg maker xp or vista for the first one, and even considered a triple pack, where once down with the first generation, you open the second rom, and download the info from the first rom.

The second game right now is more protype. Anyway, was that what you were looking for? Or did you want something more specific? Let me know!

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Uh, could you answer some of the questions I asked? That would be a good start...

ZhaneAugustine

Years
okay I believe you want a better synopsis, no prob. Give me a day or two, and i can up with one. At least im hoping this is what you want

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
No, you don't have to retype it...just addressing my eleven-ish questions would do it.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Hey, I happen to be the resident plot critic... (in chief, I guess)
The main problem facing the little attention to this story is that fact that the story mentions so little. We have no idea what the course of events will be for the characters of the game, or why any of the events that are happening are.

You introduce us to a villain, no name, and no purpose other than to destroy the world. Right off the bat, that's a cliche you don't want to dive into. You definitely should not throw out all your work thus far, just answer why this man wants to destroy the world, and what he seeks to gain from it? Is it a result of a bad childhood? A torn paradigm from what he has seen? The point is, if you want to throw something onto the table, have an explanation to back that up.

As for a lack of a title, don't worry. Agent Zero will remember what I said about that, but in case you don't I'll explain. A good title should come to you during the writing process. It shouldn't have to be something come up with on the spot.

ZhaneAugustine

Years
I hope this helps a little better. Its got a better story synopsis, and how I feel the game play would work a little.

POKEMON GENERATIONS
(Keep in mind, all names are prototypes)
1st Generation
Starts out as a trainer, picking one of three Pokemon, from Professor Conifer, in your home town of Free Valley, after using it to stop a theft in progress. Once you are granted the Pokemon, like all games, you are given a Poxedex from the Prof. and go out to train, challenging gym leaders to earn badges, and ultimately become the Pokemon league champion. You earn money by selling things you discover, challenging other trainers, etc. Just as you do in any of the other games. After becoming the champion, a screen appears with three suitors, whom you can decide to marry.
You eventually run into Team Dexter, which believe their actions will lead to a better world. They aren't based on greed like Rocket, but are more prone to be like Galatic, hoping their vision will be shared by all. Here different characters from time to time arrive, to help you battle this group, three of them (the gym leader of Polaris City, a top Pokemon Ranger, and an up and coming breeder) will eventually become your wife/husband. After the basic mini-quests to help people, you fight their leader, Colonel Pax, a masked individual. Upon defeating him, his vanishes, promising that his vision will continue despite this set back.
There is really nothing different here from the other fan based games, or official games, save for the selection of your future wife or husband after you defeat the champion, and that as a trainer, you can't enter pokemon in contests.
Generation 2
Fifteen years have passed since the end of the first generation, and you now control your son/daughter. He, officially, will have your name, if you decided to play as a boy, or his father's name, if you choose to play as a girl. There is of course, an option to rename him if you want, when requested. If you have a daughter, her name is completely up to you. My thought on which you receive is a generator that selects for you, much like it does when you come across a Pokemon of different genders in the official games.
The new option here is as follows:
Trainer: If you choose to marry the Gym Leader in the first generation, than your child has only the option of becoming a trainer, just as his or her parents were. The game play of course, continues the same as any trainer game play does, except that the offspring can choose one of three of the Free Valley, or one of your father's/mother's low level pokemon.
Eventually you come across Team Dexter again, which is much stronger, and more determined to see their vision fulfilled. Once again there are people who team up with you temporarily to challenge their dark visions, and defeat Colonel Pax again. The game play is exactly as it was in generation one, with a few new gym leaders (your mother/father has left Polaris City for a different job).
Ranger: If you married the ranger in generation 1, your offspring has the option of either being a trainer, like you, or a ranger, like his/her, mother/father. The offspring (you) are asked off screen a certain number of questions about how you feel about Pokemon. (Do you enjoy meeting new people? Do you like traveling? Do you think people should be careful while battling in and around nature? That kind of thing.)The story then opens up in a different town, Cardinal Island (headquarters of the Pokemon Ranger academy in this story). The controlled offspring has just graduated as a Ranger, and begins protecting pokemon, coming across his/her partner in the first mission.
Of course game play changes here, as does the story a little. You can't challenge gym leaders, though you can from time to time, challenge trainers if you want too, though you can also turn down their challenges. I don't believe the capture operations of the DS games would work well with a Rom or on RPG Maker. So my thoughts on this would be that occasionally a defeated wild pokemon gets up right after the battle and a screen pops up claming that the Pokemon is impressed with you, and would like to be friends, very similar to what happens in DragonQuest games. You have the option of saying yes, or no. You can also up the odds of a Pokemon asking to join you by finding out why its agitated. Maybe it's tired, or poisoned. A Pokeframe, a glasses like thing, can be used to discover the reason. Then feed it antidote, or put it to sleep, etc.
The Ranger goes through 25 missions, either helping people around the towns, to discovering what happened to the wild Rapidos that no longer live in a certain valley. Eventually the quests point to Team Dexter's doings, which leads to the confrontation with Pax.
With the defeat of Pax, who yet again promises to return, the nature of the world returns to a decent normalcy, and you are awarded the Golden Pokeheart, being promoted to Captain. This part of the game ends, the way the first one did, with your choosing a mate out of three candidates who helped you some point in the story.
Breeder: If you married the breeder in generation 1, you have the choice to be either a Trainer or a Breeder. Like you did in the Ranger part, you'll be asked certain questions, which if answered that leads to you being a breeder, that's what you'll be.
Unlike either of the other options, you will not start out with a Pokemon, nor be given one. You will work on a farm, feeding and taking care of the Pokemon there for 4 missions (this will get a little hard, as in this "job" you have a rival, who will try and sabotage your efforts in these early missions). When you prove your worth to the farmer, the Day-Care Center man will come, holding two eggs, asking the farmer if he knows a good breeder to take care of it. The farmer will choice you, much to your rival's chagrin. After 3 more missions, the egg will hatch, revealing either an Eevee, a Happiny, or Poneigh (a pre-evolved Ponyta). Unfortunately your rival steals the other egg, and flees the farm with it. (He/she will end up with either a Gastly, a Rattaba --a pre-evolved Seviper-- or a Wurmple (which becomes a Dustox)).
The game system now has you going around the region, feeding and taking care of people's Pokemon, helping out at the PokeCenters, challenging trainers, earning monies for your efforts, and entering Pokemon contests. The goal is to win a total of 16 ribbons, in the contests, and then take on the Global PokeContest Championship. With each win, of contests, you are given a PokeEgg, and occasionally the Day-Care Man will come by to ask you to raise this or that Pokemon. You also have the option to "create" food, much like Brook, and see if it can help a Pokemon.
Between challenges, and taking care of Pokemon, Team Dexter raises its ugly head yet again. You are helped in these challenges by people, just as in the other story lines, and eventually, you challenge Colonel Pax.
Once you become the top Breeder, you have the chance to marry one of three candidates. This form of "job" kind of resembles the Harvest Moon series, as you try to care for and breed the best and strongest Pokemon.

Generation 3
Takes place 10 years after the end of the storyline of Generation 2. Once again, the male protagonist is named after the father, while the female can be written to whatever you wish. Again, the gender of the child is created by a generator.
There is no real difference in any of the formats of play of the three choices. The main difference, is that if you become a Trainer, you will have a different Professor, to offer you your Pokemon, your grandfather/grandmother, the first character of the story.
Again you'll try to earn badges, Pokemon Ranger Ranks, or Ribbons to become the best you can, and again, you will be confronted by an insanely powerful government based Team Dexter (As Colonel Pax, now President Pax, has taken over a rival nation, and plans to overthrow his old country through subterfuge.)
The Ultimate confrontation happens after you win the Pokemon League Championship, Pokemon Breeder Cup, or gain the rank of Captain of the Rangers. President Pax reveals his ultimate goal, and you must go and stop him. You will fight him not once, but twice. The first time, his mask comes off, and a terrible secret is revealed! The second time, you are aided not by just one, but two people… your grandparent (1st generation protagonist) and your parent (2nd generation protagonist). It's a three on one, but you'll need the help of your family. Once Pax is defeated once and for all, peace returns and the story comes to a complete and absolute end.

Hey, I happen to be the resident plot critic... (in chief, I guess)
The main problem facing the little attention to this story is that fact that the story mentions so little. We have no idea what the course of events will be for the characters of the game, or why any of the events that are happening are.

You introduce us to a villain, no name, and no purpose other than to destroy the world. Right off the bat, that's a cliche you don't want to dive into. You definitely should not throw out all your work thus far, just answer why this man wants to destroy the world, and what he seeks to gain from it? Is it a result of a bad childhood? A torn paradigm from what he has seen? The point is, if you want to throw something onto the table, have an explanation to back that up.

As for a lack of a title, don't worry. Agent Zero will remember what I said about that, but in case you don't I'll explain. A good title should come to you during the writing process. It shouldn't have to be something come up with on the spot.

Well I hope that my last post helped clearify some things.

Pax wants the world to end because there is too much suffering, and even a rebuilt universe would have suffering. So in his mind, just end it all!

Last edited:

ZhaneAugustine

Years
ummmm any comment will help, even strong critique my first time doing something like this so i know im a noob and apologize for it

Back