• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Haunted House~ (Ghost Types)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
The Haunted House
Hello, everybody, and welcome to The Haunted House; Ghost-Type Fan Club. I really recommend you give this a read since it is not your normal club. This will be run a bit differently to give your Pokemon more meaning and to try to motivate more posting. Basically, you choose 2 Pokemon, both are the pre-evolutions of their line. These Pokemon will all start at level 1, and every time you post, you can level up one of your partner Pokemon! Your Pokemon can only evolve once they've reached the required level to do so (the levels of each evolution will be found lower down in the thread). You don't have to evolve a Pokemon, when it reaches evolution level, state whether you would like to stop your Pokemon from evolving. Information concerning this will be in the rules. Please be aware, however, that Pokemon that only become Ghost-type after evolution will not be allowed to be partnered, but can still be used as discussion and counted as Ghost-type within the club. Everything else will run as normal, with activities and topics being introduced every so often. One more thing, you can't level up on your first post (unless you answer the topic!) just like I cannot level up by making this thread, unfortunately.

Rules

• Follow all PC and Pokemon Clubs' Rules
• Do no troll, spam or flame
• Respect all members and their opinions
• Always note the Pokemon you want to level up at the end of your post!
• Always keep discussion calm and civil
• Have fun and remember to read the introduction if you haven't!

Partners

092.png
353.png
425.png
355.png
607.png
200.png

562.png
442.png
487O.png
302.png
479.png
592_f.png

622.png

Evolutions

Ani092MS.png
Level 25
Ani093MS.png
Level 36
Ani094MS.png

--------------------------------------------------
Ani353MS.png
Level 37
Ani354MS.png

Ani425MS.png
Level 28
Ani426MS.png

Ani355MS.png
Level 37
Ani356MS.png
Level 50
Ani477MS.png

Ani607MS.png
Level 41
Ani608MS.png
Level 55
Ani609MS.png

-------------------------------------------------
Ani200MS.png
Level 40
Ani429MS.png

Ani562MS.png
Level 34
Ani563MS.png

Ani442MS.png
Does not evolve
------------------------------------------------
Ani487MS.png
Does not evolve
Ani302MS.png
Does not evolve
Ani479MS.png
Does not evolve
Ani592FMS.png
Level 40
Ani593FMS.png

Ani622MS.png
Level 43
Ani623MS.png

Sign-up form:
Name:
Partners:
Ghosts. Why:

Members
Excluding myself, the founder, there are 4 different ranks a member can be in.
Boomers are the members who post regularly mainly with quality, contribute to the group and a re very active. They can promote and demote other members, as well as start activities and topics.

Creepers are the members who post regularly and mostly with quality, contribute to the group and are active. They can start activities and topics.
Scarers
are the members who post regularly and professionally and are active. They can start topics.
Weepers are where everyone starts. They are normal members and can receive promotion if earned.

Founder
Pave Low |
Ani092MS.png
Level 7 |
Ani302MS.png
Level 1

Boomers

Creepers

Scarers

Weepers
AlexOzzyCake |
Ani479MS.png
Level 2 |
Ani425MS.png
Level 2

Wandering~Leaf |
Ani355MS.png
Level 3 |
Ani353MS.png
Level 2
Hikari10 |
Ani592FMS.png
Level 1 |
Ani607MS.png
Level 2
CourageHound |
Ani092MS.png
Level 5 |
Ani487MS.png
Level 2
Olli97 |
Ani092MS.png
Level 2 |
Ani607MS.png
Level 1
Avishka |
Ani092MS.png
Level 2 |
Ani200MS.png
Level 1
Mewtwomew |
Ani355MS.png
Level 2 |
Ani442MS.png
Level 1
pokeuser7878 |
Ani592FMS.png
Level 1

JNathan |
Ani092MS.png
Level 3

Current Topic
What are your partners like? Think about personality, nature, behavior etc.
Remember, the more quality and effort put into posts will be recognized and gives you a higher chance of promotion

Userbars & Banners
None ATM.
If you make one, PM it to myself or a Boomer and it will be approved or disapproved.
Credit is given where credit is due.

News & Updates
I am currently working on the CSS myself, so the thread will look fancy soon enough.

Highest Level Partners
This will start once the thread starts going for a while.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
This club looks promising and Ghost types are cool, so count me in!

Name: AlexOzzyCake
Partners:
Ani425MS.png
&
Ani479MS.png

Ghosts. Why?: I find the whole idea of Ghost types pretty interesting - are the Pokémon dead or intangible or spirits or something else entirely? They're a type that fascinates me primarily for that reason, though they also provide many interesting quirks and traits to use both in battle and as a partner/companion. Plus many Ghost types have really interesting dual-typings to work with making them really cool Pokémon on the whole!

What do you like about your partner Pokemon?
DRIFLOON IS A FREAKING BALLOON OMG SJGFSKLGH <333 Seriously, how much cooler can you get than a balloon that floats around stealing the souls of small children? Plus it's adorable ahh! And if you held onto its legs you could go floating around the sky and be like "WOOSH I'M ON A CUTE FLOATING SOUL EATING BALLOON WITH FLUFFY HAIR" and then it evolves into a massive blimp of death and destruction and it's just ahhh so cool! <33 /fanboys

*ahem* Anyway, Rotom is cool because it's such an intriguing Pokémon. It's one of those Pokémon that I've always been really interested in, contemplating what it actually is and how it could've possibly come about. Rotom has always been portrayed as a prankster of a Pokémon making it seem like it'd be very interesting to have around on a team, and the whole ability to change forms is also a great feature that I really like working with. And those are my darling partners c:

Do we get a level-up on the first post? If so, Drifloon!

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
Ooohh...I like Ghost-types. XD

Name: Wandering~Leaf

Partners:
Ani355MS.png
and
Ani353MS.png

Ghost. Why?: Ghost-types, no matter what region, have always retained that mysterious atmosphere, never failing to be interesting. Almost ever single episode (well, atleast up to Generation IV) that a Ghost-type Pokemon has starred in, it's always thrilling and exciting. To me, ghost-type Pokemon are a mystery that are virtually unsolveable. Do they serve a higher force? Are they created by evil people, that have died? There are many theories on how they exist, it's very fun to think about.

What do you like about your partner Pokemon?:
Duskull is mysterious, horrifying, and awesome at the same time! A Pokemon that captures kids who are mischevious or are disobedient? I've always found that entry to be rather disturbing, adding even more mystery to Duskull and it's line of Pokemon in general. Not only that, but Duskull's shiny...AWESOMENESS!! Ack, sorry 'bout that. :P

Shuppet isn't exactly disturbing in my opinion, but it's interesting. Unlike it's evolution, Banette, it's existence isn't explained. How did it come to be? Why does it devour emotions, instead of actual food, or prey? I've kind of wondered about this, especially since it's said that it becomes stronger when it absorbs emotions. Not only that, but in the anime, when it does absorb emotions, it's target loses it's current emotions, reverting to neutrality. How could most humans not notice this? There are many questions about Shuppet that have no answer, making it a very intriguing pokemon.

If we can level-up our pokemon on the first post, then I choose Duskull.

Years
Added the both of you. Also, just to make it clearer I added that you can only level up a Pokemon in the first post if you answer the topic, which you both did. Both very nice first posts, carry on and you could get promoted! :3

Okay, my go to answer the topic.
Gastly is the pre-evolution of my all-time favorite Pokemon; Gengar. However that is not the only reason I adore the little ghost, it brings about a sinister atmosphere, I don't think there is not one time it doesn't do that unless you befriend it. If you watched the anime, you could see how much Ash, Brock and Misty were always creeped out by it being around. Another thing about Gastly, I think it looks somewhat cute when it manages to pull off a smile, well, I like Gastly so it would do it to me but not you guys :3. Gastly may be a small blob of ghost, but really, seeing and knowing him will make you thing otherwise. Ghastly <3.

Sableye. Not a favorite to many, but a favorite to me. I think it is so unique, gem eyes and all. I don't think there is another Pokemon that could match the curiosity and sneakiness of this little ghost. Sableye is a little troublemaker in all his own ways, since he has the accolades of being one. It's stance, it's presence, you always expect something to happen when a Sableye is near you. Heck, there is probably more of a chance that you win the lottery rather than something not happening when a Sableye is near you. There are 2 sides to it, in my opinion; the cute, happy troublemaker, or the rather annoying little pest it can be. But come on, everyone is a little annoying, right?

I'm leveling up Gastly.

Years
I joined the past incarnations of this club so yeah, signing up again!

Name: Hikari10
Partners: Litwick and Frillish
Ghosts. Why: I love Ghost-types, most have cool designs and can be useful in battle thanks to their good amount of resistances and immunities, not to mention they get very interesting dual typings. I particularly liked the Ghost-types in the 4th and 5th Generations, since they introduced lots of Ghost-types with interesting dual-typings. Also, most have good movepools too making them versatile and they can serve both offensive and defensive roles well.

These two are part of 2 of my fave Ghost-type families, and I loved the unusual type combinations seen in many later-generation Ghost-types. Not to mention these two are really cute and their evolved forms serve great roles in battle.

Frillish and its evo Jellicent are also among my fave Water-types, and I loved the gender differences with them and the fact they are great at defensive roles on a team while being offensive at the same time. I have two Jellicent on my Black version and I play around with their movesets a lot.

Litwick is a super-cute candle with a purple flame, and I love it and its evos' Shiny colors too, especially the beautiful orange flames on the Shiny Chandelure. I tried one out on my team in Black and its mighty Special Attack made it too awesome for me not to use. Also, if it has Flame Body it can be helpful for hatching eggs quickly too!

Years
Added, Hikari, but I'm gonna go ahead and level up your Litwick since you didn't actually mention who you want to level up :3

As for me, well, this is a cheeky excuse to level up a Pokemon using this post, but; Gastly again.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Name: CourageHound
Partners: Ghastly and Giritina
Ghosts. Why: Ghosts...Ghosts...Well ghosts are funny, scary, powerful, admirable, creppy, or just plain interesting. I came to love really love ghosts when I started playing the PMD series. How you could walk through solid walls and barriers is a testament to show that ghost types have no limits, no boundries. More free than the bird types of the sky you might say, to do anything they please. Thats why I like ghost types.

Answering Current Topic: What do you like about your partner Pokemon?
Aside from them having the overall coolness I also like the background and dex entries of my pokemon as well.

Gengar: A classic mischievous/devious ghost types. Likes the pull pranks and in some cases can be wicked too. But that goes for all ghost types. I like Gengar's abillities such as flight, phasing, disappearing, lifting souls from the physical body, manipulation of shadows, all the good stuff. And if memory serves, gengar has had quiet the good representation in the anime as opposed to other ghost/poison types, in being usually funny, hysterically mischievous, just plain misunderstood(in the wild). Other than that I also love Gengar's capabilities in battle, being one of the only two pokemon since Gen 1 that remained OU throughout the generation shifts due to his versatility, unpredictability and power.

Giritina: Hmm...The Renegade Pokemon. That gets me into thinking that Giritina is catagorized by being a loner, or violence of some sort. Again, sort of expected of a ghost type. However in its presentation in the movies and games it seemed Giritina can be very understanding of others and protective of people it recognises as well as its home. Thus, I believe a Giritina could be a good freind to have. Aside from that I also like Giritina for its abillity to travel through dimensions and change form. In the reverse world, as shown in the movie, must be kept in balance with he outer world. Giritina makes sure both world are kept in check to keep his home safe. I beleive that is also a very cool and admirable trait.

Last edited:
Years
Added, and again, a Pokemon wasn't stated to be leveled up, so I'm gonna do it randomly for you.

Another post, another level up; Gastly again!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Name: Olli97
Partners: Gastly and Litwick
Ghosts. Why: I've always loved Ghost types. Ever since generation I. The concept is great, and they usually find some way to be scary, whether it's through design, background or w/e. The reason they've never really made an impact on me when it comes to the love of certain Pokemon types, is because I've never found a place where they fit in. Whenever I get to a point where I can catch Ghost types, my team is either already full, or I've already decided on which Pokemon I'm gonna use. It's a shame really, because for what it seems, and what I've experienced, Ghost types are really good in battling, with how a lot of types are either weak or have no effect on Ghost types. Also, there seem to be a lot of great Ghost type moves... well, basically, I've always been really fascinated by the Ghost type Pokemon, but I've just never really found any time to ever really use them, and want to know more about them. And with all the Ghost type Pokemon that came in B/W, hopefully I'll find a few in my B2 adventures :p

My love for the Ghost types started with the Ghost types themselves, so obviously I'd like the very first that ever came out. Fact just is, to this day, the Gastly line still remains my favourite. Why? Well it just seems like they're actual Ghost types. They're designs are based on what kids typically see Ghosts as, and they catch the scariness I'd like to see from Ghost type Pokemon through their design, growing more scary with each evolution. They may not be that scary compared to what can be seen in several other kids games, but I still managed to get scared enough to always rush through Lavender Town, however that may have been more from the rumours. But basically what I'm saying is, out of all the Ghost types, I feel like they seem more like actual Ghost types than any of the others, and they managed to scare me back when I played through the first games.
The Gastly line is also the only Ghost type Pokemon I've ever actually used as part of my main team, which is just more reason they'd be my favourites.

The Litwick line is mainly my favourites because of their relatively cute appearances compared to their backgrounds. I mean, seriously, at first glance I wouldn't see a Ghost type in them, but rather just a lightsource-based fire-type line, but when I read their Pokedex entries, I found out just how wrong I was. They're some of the most terrifying Pokedex entries I've ever read, and can easily see why they'd be regarded as Ghost type Pokemon. I've never actually used them though, so I can't say much for their performance in battle, but pretty sure they wouldn't be too bad.

Ooh, and level up Gastly :D

Last edited:
Years
Added, Olli!

EVERYONE REMEMBER TO STATE THE POKEMON YOU LEVEL UP AT THE END OF YOUR POST!

I'm leveling up Gastly, again!

CourageHound

Years
Looking back at the topic I don't think I completely answered the topic. Some of the traits I mentioned of Gengar and Giratina were somewhat general so I intend to brake it down a bit further.

I originally came to love Gengar and its pre-evolutions on the anime episode "The Tower of Terror". That was when Ash and co. ventured out to capture A ghost type only to encounter three playful ghosts of the Ghastly line. At first they seemed a bit hostile but they were actually revealed to be more or less goofy pranksters that just wanted to have fun and wanted a friend. All that good stuff <3. Ever since I've always aimed to use a Ghastly>Haunter>Gengar in at least one play-through of each game I can obtain him and I've just like them in general. So much so Genger is like in my top 5 fav pokes.

My fondness of Giritina started I guess with the "Giritina and the Sky Warrior" movie. Basically Giritina was depicted as aggressive at first but was actually just trying to defend its home. Not anything too deep here, but it was the only ghost poke other than Gengar that I happened to like more than usual, thus I picked him as a partner. Ghost dragon is really cool too.

If this post were to count, I would like to lvl Ghastly plz.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
I want to elaborate on my reason for liking Duksull/Dusclops/Dusknoir. I didn't really put that much info on him...

Well, I began really liking Dusknoir and his evolution line when I played the game PMD, Explorers of Sky. I loved his classic, dracula-style villainy. He was evil but also kept an air of nobleness about him. Not only that, but I typically like villains in most stories. XD And then when the game progressed, and I played the special episode (I forgot it's name) where you play as Grovyle in the future, it really made me emotional when Dusknoir became good right when he died. Dusknoir has kinda always been one of my favorite pokemon, even though I can't always find a place for him on my teams (I'm more of an offense trainer, and Dusknoir is more of a support/stall/defense pokemon). So yeah, that's another one of the reasons why I like him. :)

If this counts, then I'd like to level up Duskull again. XD

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Name: Avishka
Partners: Mismagius and Gengar
Ghosts. Why: Because ghost Pokemon are one of the coolest Pokemon type out there. i also love love Ghost-type Pokemon for their designs and amazing strategies when using them.I love ghost types because of the mystery and creepiness involved with them, i also really like their interesting design

Mismagius. i don't really know why i like Mismagius xD XD Speaking of Mismagius, reminds me of witches
Gengar. It was the original and it just looks cool. Kinda like a person, so it fits into the whole idea of spirits of dead people. :] xD
Becuase although there are only a smallish number of Ghost type's, I love them all

i would like to level up Gengar!

Years
Added, Avishka. However, I hope you are aware that your partners have to start as the pre-evolution, hence the leveling up idea, so I fixed you up with Gastly and Misdreavus.

As for me, I'm leveling up Gastly again; road to Gengar!

New Topic:

I'll need some promotions soon so get posting!

CourageHound

Years
New Topic:
!

Woot! Neat topic! <3

Gengar: Ok my own Ghastly>Haunter>Gengar personally would be a born jokester, prankster, and a sense of humor. Always has that mischievous grin on his face. He completes me cuz i'm kind of a boring person tbh. He would have a habit of greeting new people by scaring them or pulling a prank. If the person he tries to scares fails to be frightened, he'd try over and over until he'd nail 'em. He doesn't really take to people that are negative, evil, or always down in the dumps. As you know, Gengars can cast curses and gives nightmares and what not. He would only do such a thing on someone who treated him or me wrong(of course he would lift the curse later). Gengar, of course also has psychic and ghostly abilities typical of his species, and is able to use varies psychic abilities(such as telepathy) and as such, is able to communicate using telepathy but only does so with me. However Gengar is a tiny bit of a sore looser and doesn't like to loose at much anything(although not a sore winner). He doesn't cheat if you ask him not to(if you don't, you'd best watch out). In battle Gengar Likes to use everything in his arsenal to win. Such as using his massive movepool to use a super effective move, or anything he can do to give him the advantage(such as using his ability to phase through solid objects and physical moves). If worst comes to worst, he'd use destiny bond as a last ditch move. But overall Gengar is a good pokemon who enjoys helping others out while having a laugh while doing it.

Giritina: Giritina resides within the reverse world. However through a fated encounter(say how you meet Giritina in platinum) he was befriended. While residing within the reverse world Giritina is usually quiet and reserved. It gets along with other pokemon fine but he doesnt like to be pestered or overly rowdy groups. However it enjoys the company if I say, visit it in the reverse world every now and then. I only call upon Giritina during dire situations or when battling another legendary. In battle, Giritina teds to be somewhat violent and straight harsh in attacking and defending. Also he is very possessive of its grissious orb(me being the only one it entrusts to touch it), and protective of its home from unwelcome intruders.

I'd like to lvl Ghastly plz

Last edited:

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
Duskull is extremely serious, rarely showing humor. The only person he feels he can express himself to, is me, and our other member Shuppet. He is easily frustrated, often going into violent rampages. He sometimes follows his dark nature, going to the extreme when battling evil people, often torturing them with their worst fears...he sometimes will even attempt to spirit them away. I keep him in line however, reminding him who he is. Overall, he is a very loyal friend, and never gives up.

Shuppet/Banette is extremely mischievous, often scaring people without intending to. However, contradicting to this, he is very friendly, and carefree. He likes to joke with people, even those who don't like his sense of humor. He enjoys practical jokes, which often earns him a Shadow Sneak from Duskull. He is attracted to any thing creepy or fun, so he really enjoys exploring. But whenever the most dire situation comes, he will turn serious, and will do anything he can to quell the situation. He is a very good friend, being a mischievous and humorous Pokemon.

Are we allowed to nickname our Pokemon?
Also, I'd like to level up Shuppet.

Mewtwomew

The fool with the plan
Years
Name: Mewtwomew Partners: Duskull and Spiritomb Ghosts. Why: Well, for starters, Spiritomb is an amalgam of 83 (or is it some other number?) Different spirits. What could be cooler? And Duskull is mysterious because of how he is said to take children that misbehave or act rudely towards others. Well, that was my form, Mr. Pave :p I'd like to level up Duskull please.

I see I've been added to the group, I'll begin speaking of the topic... NOW. Duskull is timid, and enjoys pranks on other trainers and their pokemon. He is usually very gentle and takes great precaution so as not to harm the victims of his practical jokes, but is completely changed during the course of battle. He is ruthless, to point of savagery on the opponent. As for Spiritomb, He is sort of a loner, not daring to communicate with other pokemon or their trainers. He (symbollically :p) leves of trail of sadness wherever he goes. He is very protective of Duskull. (I'd like to lvl. Up Duskull preesh!).

I feel I haven't gone into enough detail with Spiritomb. He is very serious, a stark contrast from Duskull. He is also very reclusive, only communicating with Duskull and I (and that is a rarity in itself). He is also easily enraged. (I lvl. Up Duskull) posts of increasing quality will be present, Mr. Pave.

Last edited by a moderator:

CourageHound

Years
I beleive most ghost types would have a similar air about them dont you think? Whether its cold and quiet, or still and serious, most ghosts just have that general affect, do they not? Excluding the ghosts that seems to be malicious or mischievous such as Gengar, Sableye and, rotom(of which all full under that specific behavoir).

I'd like to lvl Giratina

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I beleive most ghost types would have a similar air about them dont you think? Whether its cold and quiet, or still and serious, most ghosts just have that general affect, do they not? Excluding the ghosts that seems to be malicious or mischievous such as Gengar, Sableye and, rotom(of which all full under that specific behavoir).

I'd disagree completely :3 I think Ghost types are really just as diverse with their personalities as any other type of Pokémon. Sure there's a couple like Duskull & Drifloon that'd probably be all cold and quiet and as you said yourself there's several mischievous Ghost types like Gengar and Rotom, but I reckon the majority of Ghost types would have very different personalities. Golett strikes me as a really jolly and friendly Pokémon that'd plod around interacting with anything it saw, Cofigrigus seems to be a really aggressive and protective Pokémon, Giratina seems like the powerful overlord-y type, Frosslass seems like the type to wander around aimlessly for days just exploring the land, Frillish seems like the type to help out anything that passes with a really cheerful manner, etc etc, basically I just think they're really diverse was the whole point. xD I might be wrong though!

I'd like to level Rotom c:

CourageHound

Years
I'd disagree completely :3 I think Ghost types are really just as diverse with their personalities as any other type of Pokémon. Sure there's a couple like Duskull & Drifloon that'd probably be all cold and quiet and as you said yourself there's several mischievous Ghost types like Gengar and Rotom, but I reckon the majority of Ghost types would have very different personalities. Golett strikes me as a really jolly and friendly Pokémon that'd plod around interacting with anything it saw, Cofigrigus seems to be a really aggressive and protective Pokémon, Giratina seems like the powerful overlord-y type, Frosslass seems like the type to wander around aimlessly for days just exploring the land, Frillish seems like the type to help out anything that passes with a really cheerful manner, etc etc, basically I just think they're really diverse was the whole point. xD I might be wrong though!

I'd like to level Rotom c:

Well yea I do see what ya mean, and I did make the error of slightly generalizing the personalities of ghost types. Based on perception and opinion I do see a alot of possible personalities and vibes that could be had from different ghosts. However...what made me say that were thair dex entries....them ghost type dex entries. But yea I do agree with Golett possibly being one of the more jollyish ghosts.

Level for Ghastly plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back