• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2021
I am a mapper for an upcoming hack and it seems that we have come to a problem. The base ROM is Firered and we edited the main town and everything, and confirmed that we were going to use this town. And we came to an issue which is hindering progress. The issue is when you go into the game, some of our tiles having little shreds of movement tiles in them. (Btw I use Advance Map 1.92)

Thank you in advance.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I am a mapper for an upcoming hack and it seems that we have come to a problem. The base ROM is Firered and we edited the main town and everything, and confirmed that we were going to use this town. And we came to an issue which is hindering progress. The issue is when you go into the game, some of our tiles having little shreds of movement tiles in them. (Btw I use Advance Map 1.92)

Thank you in advance.

I think I know what you mean, but i'm not completely sure. Could you please post a video? Also, did you change tiles or animations?

Still not working :/
I should put the script code(or what do you call that) in the person you want to become a trainer right?
And oh~ if you forget me, i'm the one who ask you about Trainer Limits thingy xD

What is the entire script? Both of them, for both events? and no, I didn't forget you:P

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2021
Yes, we did change tiles but our Lead Mapper went away for a moment without letting us know how to fix it. I do think it is the animations because the flowers and fences have little arrow like formations on them. I also cannot post links till I have 15 or more posts so I also sent the video to you via PM. I hope you don't mind.

karatekid552

Years
Yes, we did change tiles but our Lead Mapper went away for a moment without letting us know how to fix it. I do think it is the animations because the flowers and fences have little arrow like formations on them. I also cannot post links till I have 15 or more posts so I also sent the video to you via PM. I hope you don't mind.

You epically failed at youtube tags:P Don't worry, I did the same thing my first time using them.

Video:
Spoiler:

Explanation of youtube tags:
Spoiler:

Now, the issue is simple: Animations are attached to specific tiles in the tile set. I'm going to guess you didn't expect that? You probably thought they were attached to the blocks. When you redrew your tiles, you probably just randomly inserted them. Tiles with animations attached need to be replaced by new versions. Meaning, when you insert new water, you need put the new water tiles over the old water tiles. The only animations attached to the actual block data are doors.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2021
So, I would fix this problem by just taking the flower and putting it over the old one and recoloring? Or am I wrong? (Sorry I am so new to this animated tiles thing.)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
So, I would fix this problem by just taking the flower and putting it over the old one and recoloring? Or am I wrong? (Sorry I am so new to this animated tiles thing.)

You can replace the flower/grass animation with NSE by using bookmarks. Simply view the bookmarks, choose the flower one and export it. After you edited it import the file again and save. The flower animation palette is the same as the green palette of the tileset 1 in AM.
So just replacing the flower tile isn't enough.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
I'm trying to edit the title screen for my hack (it's much easier than I expected so far) but when I tried to change the pokemon it said the compressed file was too big. I followed A tutorial that I found exactly and I still got the error. My sprite is 80 by 80 if this helps any.

Never mind I figured it out. New question. Does anyone know how to insert a new color map using gimp? I'm still working on the title and needed to change the colors so I can edit it easier.

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
How could I delete the badge requirements of HMs like Surf or Fly?

You have to edit all of the scripts, which can be tough to find.

I'm trying to edit the title screen for my hack (it's much easier than I expected so far) but when I tried to change the pokemon it said the compressed file was too big. I followed A tutorial that I found exactly and I still got the error. My sprite is 80 by 80 if this helps any.

Never mind I figured it out. New question. Does anyone know how to insert a new color map using gimp? I'm still working on the title and needed to change the colors so I can edit it easier.

Inserting new color maps in GIMP is not fun, not fun at all. If you just want to edit the colors in the color map, that is much easier. Just go into the windows menu and open the color map window. There you can edit colors.

Last edited:
Years
How could I delete the badge requirements of HMs like Surf or Fly?
What I'm planning on doing is simply trigger the flag for the badge while the script giving the HM is happening. I don't think it actually triggers anything, it just makes it such that it looks like you have the badge and that you can use the HMs. If you don't want the person to access the elite 4 yet, simply change the flag needed for someone to access the e4 building.

Speaking of thinking outside the box, I have a question:
I know the games have certain doors which are locked until a certain event occurs. How would one go about doing that? My first thought was have an invisible person on the spot of the door until a flag is triggered, removing the person, but I can't find the sprite number for an invisible person. having a script which triggers when you step on the square just before the door stopping you and telling you to turn back seems rather unprofessional. Is there any other way? Thanks!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
What I'm planning on doing is simply trigger the flag for the badge while the script giving the HM is happening. I don't think it actually triggers anything, it just makes it such that it looks like you have the badge and that you can use the HMs. If you don't want the person to access the elite 4 yet, simply change the flag needed for someone to access the e4 building.

I know the games have certain doors which are locked until a certain event occurs. How would one go about doing that? My first thought was have an invisible person on the spot of the door until a flag is triggered, removing the person, but I can't find the sprite number for an invisible person. having a script which triggers when you step on the square just before the door stopping you and telling you to turn back seems rather unprofessional. Is there any other way? Thanks!

the invisible person works fine... the sprite can be anything, just make it hidden under movement

you could put a script in front of the door, just like for cinnabar's gym... when someone walks up to the door it gives a lil text and makes the person walk the other direction...

you ask alot of questions that can be answered by simply looking at the scripts already in the game...
you wanna know about a locked door, go to the locked door already in the game and see how they did it...
gamefreak already solved most of the problems you will run into...

karatekid552

Years

For the HMs, you need to backtrack from the location of the messages in the script (use A-Text to find them) and the find the script. I have posted a method for how to do this several times, so search both this thread and simple questions as I don't want to type this again. After you find the script, you can repoint it and make a new one.

Actually, game freak did it this way several times. Just make a script tile, and after the lockall command, use the command checkplayerfacing (that name might be wrong... Check in the command database for XSE [F1]) and only have the script continue if the player is facing the door. If they are, then run your flag checks and such.

Edit: LSA is very right, that is how good hackers do things. They don't waste time trying to do things that other people have done.

Years
I have a question, how do you repoint the moves table in a-trainer? I have new move table repointed, but it seems that a-trainer uses the old movetable, so that i can't make trainer to use new moves....

any idea?

i tried searching this thread and find no luck

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I have a question, how do you repoint the moves table in a-trainer? I have new move table repointed, but it seems that a-trainer uses the old movetable, so that i can't make trainer to use new moves....

any idea?

i tried searching this thread and find no luck
That'd be very tricky to do unless you've the source code of the program, and thus, could open the source and modify it. If you've only got the program itself, the situation might be hopeless.

You could try opening it with a hex editor, and search if the original offset is mentioned anywhere in an understandable format. If not, there's not much you can do about it.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Go into the Tools section and find NSE (nameless sprite editor)
The one you want is NSE classic.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Well Gary does not have fishing, bike, or running frames, so you need to get those. PM me if you want a full explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back