• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I don't even look for Pokemerch outside of the video games. If my brother and his Yu-Gi-Oh card collection are any indication, any sort of trading card game can turn into a very dangerous addiction. I'd rather avoid that whole money pit in the first place.

Oh, but if anyone knows if they made Persian plushies, one would make the perfect companion to my Meowth one xD

droomph

weeb
Years
I don't even look for Pokemerch outside of the video games. If my brother and his Yu-Gi-Oh card collection are any indication, any sort of trading card game can turn into a very dangerous addiction. I'd rather avoid that whole money pit in the first place.

Oh, but if anyone knows if they made Persian plushies, one would make the perfect companion to my Meowth one xD
It's like morphine but legal.

But sometimes you have to realize that buying/getting something expensive/rare can be oddly satisfying...lol

Okay back on topic with Pokés. I don't keep track of the TCG decks but I really wish I did. Besides I don't have a friend that will even consider playing with me :(

Years
Someone seriously needs to make a Pokemon TCG Program similar to Dueling Network or YVD (YGO based dueling programs).

I'M LOOKING AT YOU, TOUJOURS!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't know anything about Pokemon TCG! Make don do it, learning programming is easier than learning Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
That would be amazing tbh; especially since you wouldn't need to buy all those expensive cards :x I'd certainly take part in this if Toujours someone designs it!

Years
Well the best solution currently around is playtcg.com, which isn't too bad but the interface and functionality could be greatly improved upon in my opinion.

Pokemon is easy to learn Toujours! I will teach you how to X-Ball for the KO.

Years
Have you considered playing the Pokemon TCG online?

It's addicting... Quite fun, free for the basic decks, and has a nice tutorial online. You can play against a CPU, or others.

Though the VS feature is being scrapped until August while they completely replace the core gameplay engine, presumably so it's easier to update.

I don't know anything about Pokemon TCG! Make don do it, learning programming is easier than learning Pokemon.

Learning the Pokemon TCG is easier than learning a programming language! I learned how to play the TCG when I was 9! In fact, I'd be willing to be a resource if you were to develop it!

Years
Though the VS feature is being scrapped until August while they completely replace the core gameplay engine, presumably so it's easier to update.

Learning the Pokemon TCG is easier than learning a programming language! I learned how to play the TCG when I was 9! In fact, I'd be willing to be a resource if you were to develop it!
Yeah and my best friend lost all of his cards because of it.

Son, get in line. I offered to teach her first.

droomph

weeb
Years

Well if you want to get technical I learned ARM in about 15 minutes and XSE in about five...so yeah

YOU SHOULD HAVE A BEGINNER'S DIRECTORY ON THE TCG FORUMS OMGOMG

Years
Well if you want to get technical I learned ARM in about 15 minutes and XSE in about five...so yeah

YOU SHOULD HAVE A BEGINNER'S DIRECTORY ON THE TCG FORUMS OMGOMG

It took me two minutes to learn to play. It's taken me years to "master", but that's because of the ever-changing nature of the game and my lack of competitive play experience. I am a walking collecting factbook, though.

The official tools do so much better of a job than a text-based guide because they're interactive, though! But the official Trainer Kits are even better for learning to play.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Learning to play the Pokemon TCG is easy, mastering it is another thing. I myself took only about three to five minutes to learn how to play the game yet after years, it seems impossible that I would be mastering it.

Also, the Pokemon TCG video game is the best way to learn how to play imo. I don't know if the mechanics changed since then (stopped playing any TCG around last year so :x) but I'm pretty sure the basics are still the same. :3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Guys I just wanted to share that I went to Nintendo World NYC yesterday and got Pokemon plushies and talked about Pokemon with an employee!

*Shiny*Monster0198

~ Just chillin'
Years
Recently, I've been thinking of evolutions of existing pokemon the producers at Game Freak will create for future versions. For example, I've been thinking of evolutions for Sableye, Carnivine, and Mawile because, in my opinion, they have alot of area for improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back