• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Guy

just a guy
Years
I actually find the thought that there's always more to learn about J.K. Rowling's world than we can ever know about the best part. It truly means that when you think you may know it all, there's something new waiting to be discovered there. It leaves mysteries, questions, ideas, and endless possibilities for the fans to sit and think about. It keeps the fans (us) interested and loyal to the series even though Harry's story has come to an end.

There's always the possibility that J.K. Rowling will pick up on it again; Rowling, herself, said so. Even though she says she won't write another book for the Harry Potter series, she never dismisses the possibility of it.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
But wouldn't more exploitation of JKR's world mean that we'll become bored with it, due to excessive milking and hype? I don't want to occur.

I think a lot of people want Ravenclaw because as they grow up, they see themselves as sophisticated and smart which is sort of the default view of that house. :P As kids we all probably clung to a different favourite house or thought others were cool. But everyone wants to think they're an academic and wise in the end, haha!

I thought there was more to Ravenclaw than being smart. You had to be pretty witty and/or clever (the dominant trait for Ravenclaw).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
There is a lot more to Ravenclaw than being smart. In fact, you don't have to be necessarily smart, you just have to have a strong value on intellectual and philosophical matters. Wit is in fact the dominant trait in Ravenclaw (Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure kind of gives that away...), but others include artistic-ness, creativeness, knowledge seeking, inquisitiveness. Learning new things, exploring new ideas and concepts, etc. Having a sort of more than meets the eye approach to facts as well is something that Ravenclaws tend to have. This is the inquisitive nature they have; asking why something is the way it is. Wanting to understand it the best they can. A pet peeve I tend to have is people who associate with Ravenclaw purely with a stereotypical nerd, who score the highest on their tests and are the top of their class.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Hmm, I never thought of it that way before. I had always just considered Hermione as the "ideal" Ravenclaw and not given it much more thought than that. Well, this just makes Ravenclaw seem even more appealing @~@

There's an interview from BBC News that shows a tiiiiny bit of some of the questions from the Ollivander's Wand questions. The two that you can make out seem really random http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lespwtqCbgA Hmm, if sorting questions are this random, then it'll be hard trying to influence what house you're in :S

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
YAAAS! NEW INTERVIEW OF OUR QUEEN!!! I was coming here to post a link to that but you beat me to it. But I did find some other information and some things...

These are the rumored dates that you'll likely be getting welcome emails if you had registered during the Magical Quill promotion:

Day 1 August 8 - 14
Day 2 August 15 - 21
Day 3 August 22 - 28
Day 4 August 29 - September 4
Day 5 September 5 - 11
Day 6 September 12 - 18
Day 7 September 19 - 25

Here are some screens:
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
...August 29 to September 4??? Well, at least it's before school starts for me but come September 1, I'll be painting my bedroom in my new house and scrambling to do it before settling in. :s Brb stealing my mom's day 3 account.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Interesting...no signs so far of people getting the email. At least for the first day.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Dang, I need to wait till September 4th. BUT OMG THE SCREENSHOTS LOOK AWESOME!

/totally really wants to get in now.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Where did that time schedule come from? I have't heard anyone get in, either :S I think someone just made it up and it's ended up being posted everywhere, there's no actual source. Going to have to keep an eye on my emails, anyway..

Cherrim

Years
Well, the first timespan isn't completely up yet but... I do hope the emails start coming soon. I really would prefer getting in before September when school starts so it doesn't suck away all my time. The only reason I really wanted to get into the beta was so that it wouldn't distract me in school. I'd have gladly waited for October otherwise. :/

edit: am talking to a friend on MSN...

(1:28 PM) Alyssa:
*People are getting Pottermore emails!
(1:28 PM)    Erica     ♥ (Sort of Around):
*Really?
*They say accounts will be validated betwen mid-August and the end of September
*^between
*and allowed entry

Last edited:

Cherrim

Years
I imagine they're sending those emails to everyone who registered last week... right? Right? D: The wording makes it seem like only some of the people who made accounts will get in early, lmao. ;~;

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I got the same email today, Pachisou. Recieved only 2 hours ago :O Edit: Actually, I got it yesterday, too, read it wrong. Interestingly, I only got it for one of the accounts I made; the one for day 2, not day 3. They're probably not going to send them all out at the same time, rather than only some people with early accounts get early access.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Why does everyone need more than one Pottermore account anyway? It's not like you're going to be using all of them. :/

But I was hoping it'd be more like how Nick mentioned before, about the earlier the day you signed up on the earlier you'd get your Pottermore acceptance email. It'd be more for those Hardcore Potterheads that get in earlier. :)

Guy

just a guy
Years
Funny enough @pottermore on Twitter just updated their status about said e-mail.

Link (http://twitter.com/#!/pottermore/statuses/101609038508326912)

The worst part of this is the waiting. I would hope not to get my Welcome e-mail near the end of September or else it would have just made sense I joined when it opens publicly in October seeing it would be so close. The way I see it, they're going to be going by the days. Day 1 registries will get in first, then Day 2, Day 3 and so on.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
That would totally be a better and much better way of really showing that those who "got" accounts gets "early" access. Because if the accounts get validated at around mid-September, then I'd rather have joined during the official release of Pottermore. :/

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Mmm yeah, if you're waiting until September it'd be horrible waiting for that long and wondering. With my luck, I'm going to get in September just after I start college...>_> It'd be super nice if I could get it this or next week while I'm on holiday.

Why does everyone need more than one Pottermore account anyway? It's not like you're going to be using all of them. :/

"Everyone"? Me? I made a second because I want to go into a house I like. And now there is a needy child out there who did not get their 3000th account. I'd like to give them my personal apologies.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Wait, isn't that email the same as after validating? I remember I had that similar one, with the "please check your inbox for our Welcome email". I got it right after I validated the link.

So you got your confirmation email just yesterday. I almost had a panic attack. :o

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Mmm yeah, if you're waiting until September it'd be horrible waiting for that long and wondering. With my luck, I'm going to get in September just after I start college...>_> It'd be super nice if I could get it this or next week while I'm on holiday.

"Everyone"? Me? I made a second because I want to go into a house I like. And now there is a needy child out there who did not get their 3000th account. I'd like to give them my personal apologies.
It's not just you though, everyone makes a bunch of accounts andjust get accepted into the house you want. If this was real and you were sorted into Hufflepuff you wouldn't be able to call do-overs to try something else.

Back