• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Reshiram or Zekrom

Reshiram or Zekrom

• Total voters

Sodapop

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Its a huge surprise to me that people like Reshiram so much. In
my opinion I'd prefer Zekrom any day. Like first off, the design is awesomer,
Zekrom is the first pokemon to have blue electricity to my knowledge, Reshiram
isn't that original with its blue fire, Because doesn't Ho-Oh have Sacred Fire,
Thats blue.

Years
Ok, this is easy to answer.

Reshiram, may have a slightly worse design when you compare it to Zekrom
But Reshiram, is the better Pokemon. Why?

Simply put, all his stats (excluding speed) are better then those of Zekrom's.
Which is why I chose Pokemon Black.

By the way, Reshiram's tail is a turbine.

Last edited:
Years
I go with Reshiram. Why?

643.gif

It has better stats than Zekrom, has a beautiful design and I love special attackers in general. Plus, Reshiram is underrated.

And in my case, I even got a beneficial nature on mine.

That's why I picked Pokemon Black.

Years
Absolutely... Zekrom would win the battle... only by default. If reshiram doesn't come to fight or if Reshiram is sleeping at this time.

The Reshiram's tail seems like a turbo jet reactor. To fly an harrier (I'm not sure about two 'r' in the name of this fighter) use fire in his reactor. Not thunder. ^^

Zekrom is good enough to work for a battery maker. I heard that Duracell want to engage him. ;)

It'a joke I make a party to obtain him... also because I think I would need him to have kyurem.

But I'm not interested by his electric type.
Don't worry you don't need any of the legendary to get Kyurem, although, you would need only ONE of them if you'd like to fuse Kyurem and (said legendary) together.

rodrigo296

Awful Trainer
Years
When I went out to buy Pokémon B/W, I was hoping for White (because I thought Zekrom was way 'cooler' than Reshiram), but then I realized the store I was in didn't have it, so I ended up buying Black. Which was disappointing for me. >:[

However! Then I took a peek at these two bad guys' stats and I actually thought Reshiram was better. Then, after capturing him (and after having battled N), I realized he (it?) looked waaay better than Zekrom after all. Plus, dragon + fire = awesome combination, in my opinion.

So, yeah, Reshiram all the way for me! :D

Years
Don't worry you don't need any of the legendary to get Kyurem, although, you would need only ONE of them if you'd like to fuse Kyurem and (said legendary) together.

It's "too late" for me... I started a white party.

Thanks for your answer about Kyurem. I don't really know this pokémon. But a Dragon/Ice. It's amazing, so I want him to try a third team. (Reshiram/Kyurem/Zekrom).

Well, as I started the game three days ago, I'll continue, it's also to catch the pokemon, I could only find on white to trade them to my black party.

Of course, I'll trade Zekrom... Even if I don't like too much his attacks, I find that he has THE dragon style.

A thing which would be good; it's because the legendary has nothing to do with a version of game (black or white), but indeed with actions. There would be characters who would ask for help them and according to the answers and the results, we could claim the one or other one of the legendary.

When I've had the Idea to buy the game, I visited the am*z*n (no pub for) website and after 20 minutes of hesitation, I bought both.

I did the same thing with HG and SS. And, I think I'll do the same if I buy B2/W2.

Because it's very hard to decide from a picture. Seriously, WHO bought the game for legendary with the picture ? For me, If I don't like the legendary it's not interesting to have the game.

I imagine a little boy (or girl) in front of his/her parents who offered a white or black version while this child wished the other version.

Parents as mine aren't nasty, but when I was a child, I indeed had to insist to have the good game. (Because they nothing know about videogames). Even if, I admit that sometimes, they brought back to me some good games without realizing it really themselves (on Nintendo, it was long time ago).

Years
Out of the two, I would have to go with Zekrom as my favorite. I much prefer the design of it over Reshiram, as it looks much angrier and ready to attack. Plus, most Dragon types can use Fire type moves, so I much prefer Zekrom's secondary typing of Electric.

HaxingBH

HaxingBH
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2012
IMO, Zekrom wins by looks, but in UBERs metagame, i have had more success with Reshiram. Mixed Zekrom is also a BAUS

Last edited:
Years
Of course, I'll trade Zekrom... Even if I don't like too much his attacks, I find that he has THE dragon style
A little warning: Whatever you do, don't use Fusion Flare when fighting with Zekrom, let him use his Fusion bolt first then use Fusion flare, as your power will get doubled if you do this.

Also, a little side-note: Don't even use Fusion Flare in the first place if your speed is high.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
A little warning: Whatever you do, don't use Fusion Flare when fighting with Zekrom, let him use his Fusion bolt first then use Fusion flare, as your power will get doubled if you do this.

Also, a little side-note: Don't even use Fusion Flare in the first place if your speed is high.

Wait really? That's kinda awesome. XD; tbh if I were fighting against Zekrom with Reshiram I'd just Draco Meteor because Fusion Flare is fire anyways and it it's not super effective against a dragon. :(

Years

Whoaa! Never expected that since I played Pokèmon Black 1 years ago. Anyway to tthe topic, I choose Reshiram as my favorite. In my opinion Reshiram more stronger and elegant than Zekrom because its white color are truely beautifull in my eyes <3

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Zekrom was 'love' at first sight~ The first time I laid eyes one Zekrom, I said to myself " Must definitely get that 'Mon" & so happened, White came to my local game store first, that was luck.

Zekrom's design is sweet & that blue tip on top of it's head is really unique (to me). Plus, I'm more of a physical attacker so Zekrom much suits me.

Although I must say I did grow pretty fond of Reshiram too. I like the bursting-flames concept & it's shade of white.

So, that's pretty much it.

~Mid

vlay

Picnicker
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
I choose Rehiram, the design is very beatiful and I very like Blue Flare >w<
I also like the animated sprite, so blaze :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Honestly I'm not a fan of either, but I prefer Reshiram. It just looks cooler haha. I don't like either of their typings much and they seem far too over powered for my liking, so I'm basing my decision simply on designs and going with Reshiram. The white and orangey/red contrast beautifully against each other and it's eyes are adorable <3 Zekrom on the other hand looks terrifying n.n

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
Reshiram. I like its design better and there's finally a dragon/fire type. So glad it's in my favorite color version.

blue

gucci
Years
I've always been more of a Reshiram fan, since the day I first saw it really. Although with the fusions I think I prefer Black Kyurem.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
I love Zekrom's design much more. although reshiram may be better in typing and movepool or whatnot, for me, pokemon's look matter the most. So Zekrom all the way from me ;)

Back