• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Woman fined $219 for providing incorrect bus fare

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Oh my god. More news articles that make me hate humanity.

Honest

Hi!
Years
That is utterly ridiculous. It'd have been one thing if she didn't have the money at all (which still isn't grounds for such a ridiculous fine), but she did have the cash. I can be convinced into thinking that the inspectors were a coincidence, but given the fact that they allegedly walked right up to the women, I highly doubt that.

I'm basically gonna agree with what Nick implied. Some things people do are extremely stupid. Poor lady, I feel really sorry for her. Is there anything she could do, like appeal?

Years
We don't really know all of the details of this matter. Further, the only information we have if directly from the mother.

For all we know, she regularly rides the bus, and from time-to-time has a 5 ready to give the driver, knowing that the driver can't accept it.

Perhaps the woman who received a warning was a first time offender, and this woman was given a fine since she had a history of not paying for the ticket.

All in all, we can't make an assumption of the wrongdoing of either party involved, despite our initial inclination to feel sympathy for a mother with a young child.

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Stupid, stupid, stupid. Really, a fine that large for not having EXACT change? Sometimes I wonder if the world is worth saving.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
If another person of the bus was given only a warning. Then I would assume that this is not the first time this individual has skipped out on bus fare. Definitely more to this.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
If another person of the bus was given only a warning. Then I would assume that this is not the first time this individual has skipped out on bus fare. Definitely more to this.

Mabye, but this is a wack move that shows how much the bus driver wanted his healthy greens. (I'm referring to money here)

Years
I've been in her situation countless times. In Melbourne we have a public transport fare system in place called Myki. You buy a card the size of a credit card, and you "top up" the myki card by pre-paying money for fares and must "touch on" on the myki station on the bus/tram/whatever.

Half the time if you're catching a tram or a bus, there is nowhere for you to top up unless you want to go into town or to a train station.
I have been given two fines (paid none) because I got on a tram at a stop where I couldn't top up, and by the time I had been declined my fare for not having enough, the tram had moved off and the inspectors had not given me any time to get off.

It's all crap and everything should be free forever.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Can't pay the exact change, instead you give 2 dollars more than the fare, driver refuses to accept coz its not exact, then the woman gets a $200 fine for not paying a $3 fare.

OKAY IM OUT! SEE YOU GUYS WHENEVER HUMANITY COMES BACK! maybe never...

some people these days D<

Back