• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
ok but you have at least change the music when Suicune jump the little music don't really fit on crystal remake.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
oh but the way since you remove pokegear you should re-edit some dialogue that you didn't edit

prof elm give the player his phone number.

the girl on bark town say "Wow, your POKeGEAR is impressive! Did your mom get it for you and "Call your mom on your POKeGEAR to let her know how you're doing." changed to something else.

and also the dialogue after player get pokedex and in the beginning of kanto post game prof elm called the player even though you remove pokegear make the dialogue look weird.

I know what's going on ... The instructions do not even mention that you have to add your own music to the rom ...

welp if you don't know how to edit music into the rom never mind then.

Last edited:
Years
ok but you have at least change the music when Suicune jump the little music don't really fit on crystal remake.
the intro will never be like the original

oh but the way since you remove pokegear you should re-edit some dialogue that you didn't edit

prof elm give the player his phone number.

the girl on bark town say "Wow, your POKeGEAR is impressive! Did your mom get it for you and "Call your mom on your POKeGEAR to let her know how you're doing." changed to something else.

and also the dialogue after player get pokedex and in the beginning of kanto post game prof elm called the player even though you remove pokegear make the dialogue look weird.

welp if you don't know how to edit music into the rom never mind then.

Excuse me, I forgot about it. I had to remove pokegear, because it was not useful ... but there are moments in the game with prof. elm is calling you. I've just put a go-to hero with a cell phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Hello! Old romhacker incoming:

And guess... ...of course it's finished. I wanted to do a better remake of Pokemon Crystal, so you will not find stupid Orange Island here.
First off, that's just rude to post about on someone's thread, regardless of their activity/inactivity. Perhaps you could have been more constructive about it, but then again, why advertise your hack and badmouth another on a thread that isn't even yours.

Rejoice that GAMEFREAK itself has not banned you from hacking!
I actually wrote a 10-page paper in one of my college courses about the topic of whether or not romhacking is illegal and if companies can efficiently ban others from editing their work. Really depends on where your publishing your edited work, and how you are formatting your work (IPS files vs actual rom files). Also, it can be argued that people who own specific roms in question are allowed to edit and tamper with work, but that is a very big grey area in terms of legal debate.

The fact that my hack is based on Liquid Crystal and is the same name (I just like the name). The content is different and better. LaZ never got GameFreak's permission to edit Fire Red! And there are no exclusive rights to the name "Liquid Crystal". Hack is created for fans by fans, so I have the right to edit this hack! In addition, all authors violated the rules when they created their versions of games based on Red Fire, Emerald, etc. None of them got permission from GAMEFREAK! If you do not like something, simply do not play it. I created this hack for myself, and the fact that I made it available to you is probably not a crime!
Again, you could've easily made your own thread if you want to advertise your "better" (love the subjectivity/bias there) hack. Honestly, it seems like you are only posting here so your hack can have a better chance of getting "fame"/reaching people. That's just my opinion though, feel free to prove me wrong. :)

So yeah, as someone who has been involved in the community for a long while and developed friendships with people such as Linkandzelda, it hurts to see that someone is willing to badmouth another's project on their thread and then continue to advertise their better "edit" of the hack. I'm not mad, disappointed or whatever about the fact you are editing another person's hack, but the sheer fact that you are advertising your hack on a platform that isn't yours bothers me. If you want a platform so bad to advertise your hack, create your own.

Now then, I'm gonna go back dealing with my life. Hopefully you can read this and understand where some people are coming from.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Excuse me, I forgot about it. I had to remove pokegear, because it was not useful ... but there are moments in the game with prof. elm is calling you. I've just put a go-to hero with a cell phone.
i didn't ask to add pokegear back i only trying to say change the npc dialogue that talk about pokegear.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hey guys, I'd like to remind everybody to keep the discussion in this thread to linkandzelda's Liquid Crystal.

PokeCommunity does not allow any hacks that have been made based on the work of others without their permission. As stated in the global rules: only distribute content that you are permitted to distribute. Going forward, any off-topic posts will be deleted.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Can someone please tell me where i can find the link cable item to evolve my Haunter? Also, is it possible to get the "stick" item in Liquid crystal? I'd love to use a farfetch'd on my team! Thank you!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2019
So i got the IPS and the patch IPS needed, but how do i use them to play this hacked rom? I'm admittedly confused. I downloaded the emulator advised as well but well, new at this XD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 13, 2019
Hello guys

I have made for myself a CIA file of liquid crystal that is working (without clock or save issues) to play it on my 3DS. I would like to share it for people who could be interrested but I don't know to who I have to ask the permission. LaZ is now inactive since 11 months so I suppose that I will not have any answer from him.

Thanks by advance and sorry if my english is bad it's not my native language.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Hello, I have a question about Raikou and Entei. Is it possible to find them in the grass immediately after they get released from the Burnt Tower in Ecruteak (like in Silver), or do you have to do something else first in order to let them roam Johto?

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2020
Hey guy, im just curious but does anyone know the evolution methods of Pokemon that normally evolve through trading with items like Steelix & Slowking & Pokemon like Graveler & Machoke?

Years
Oh man, it is so hard to describe how much I love this game. Just wanna say it, in my opinion this is the real masterpiece of rom hacking. So classy, played Crystal for the first time in 2001 and will do it again with Liquid Crystal in "final" version in 2019 on GBA :-)

Final: Cause there may will never be an update for LC cause linkandzelda says himself he has "other priorities" for now and hacksrepairman says that this game is (for sure) nearly final so there is no need to update it. :-)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 28, 2019
So I got a question. How far along is the game from being completed? I'm interested in playing the game, but I'm one of those people that would prefer to wait for the final finished product before starting to play it since I'd like to be able to play the game all the way thru once I start playing it.

I understand that hacking a game like this takes time, but if I could get maybe a percentage of how far the game is along at the moment and maybe a guess on how long you think it might take to finish if you guys were to continue working on it at the current pace, I'd greatly appreciate it. To be honest, I'm surprised that such questions are commonly asked enough for them to be already answered in the frequently asked question section, but maybe most people who play ROM hacks aren't like me in regards to wanting to wait for the finished project before starting to play the ROM hack.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 25, 2023
So I got a question. How far along is the game from being completed? I'm interested in playing the game, but I'm one of those people that would prefer to wait for the final finished product before starting to play it since I'd like to be able to play the game all the way thru once I start playing it.

I understand that hacking a game like this takes time, but if I could get maybe a percentage of how far the game is along at the moment and maybe a guess on how long you think it might take to finish if you guys were to continue working on it at the current pace, I'd greatly appreciate it. To be honest, I'm surprised that such questions are commonly asked enough for them to be already answered in the frequently asked question section, but maybe most people who play ROM hacks aren't like me in regards to wanting to wait for the finished project before starting to play the ROM hack.

As far as my info goes , the game is already complete and also has orange islands as post game

Years
  • Seen yesterday
As far as my info goes , the game is already complete and also has orange islands as post game

Kanto and Johto are completed, the Orange Islands are not.

Since it's been multiple years since the last update, I'm not sure whether there will be a new update ever.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 28, 2020
Honestly, everyone, I think it is time to give up hope on this project. It probably will never get completed, and they probably are saying they are still working on it to not make anyone sad. And who would want to play a game they can't complete anyway?

Back