• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2016
Hey, i've tried downloading & patching this awsome hack, but it goes white as soon as i open it on my vba. I use vba 1.6, if thats a problem. Please help!

use NO GBA. VBA didn't work for me either. No matter which rom I tried.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2019
This is a really,really good Hack,just finished the Lauren Elite 4.
Now,i'm going to catch all the Legendaries,before trying the World Championship,but i think i am to weak for it now...
So far,the best Hack i played.

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2013
if i'm not mistaken your going to have to backtrack through the cave you just went through to the beginning of the cave where the gym leader is will be and then you should find the gym leader at the end of the cave, after talking to the gym leader there, the gym leader should then go back to the gym.
Thanks!You saved my brains.I love you!

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2019
Ok,i finished the World Championship.
I needed a Lot of Max Potion's and Revive's but i did it.
Ok,i have a pretty Good Team,but highest Level was my Lapras at Level 74.
I also catched all Legendaries,so there's not much left to do.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2012
Anyone send me the rom directly to my email? I can't seem to extract the file :(

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
use NO GBA. VBA didn't work for me either. No matter which rom I tried.
And it will crash in a minute...
No$ is not suitable for GBA games.

is there a Help theard to this?! 0_o
It's this one...

Anyone send me the rom directly to my email? I can't seem to extract the file :(
Oh god... Mods should really do a FAQ where "How to extract RAR files" question will be the first one... :/
Use either WinRAR or 7zip...

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Does anyone have any idea why I can't get into the Safari Zone at all? I keep trying and yet it just gives me the script as if I'd answered No.

Try leaving and re-entering the building.

So LP X will be a harder version of the game? LP's sudden difficulty drop after the 3rd gym was one of the game's worst flaws. Another thing, just to make sure, will LP X also have the updated translation? LP's ordinary English translation was sort of bland and felt like it was rushed.

Excuse me? It wasn't 'bland' or 'rushed'. I translated everything into English--if you're not satisfied with the dialogue, that's not my problem. It's not my job to spice up the dialogue or write new, more 'exciting', lines. That is the dialogue that exists in the game. Take it up with the game's creator if you have a problem with this instead of trying to insult my work.

Hey snakebyte...i really enjoyed playing LP, but when i came to lauren and had to deal with all these flag Bugs the Game suddenly felt unfinished and remembered me that it is only a fanmade game...is there any chance you can fix these? i dont know much about hacking, so i dont know how much work this would be, but without these bugs the game would be unforgettable...

It would be possible for me to fix this, however, it would be really difficult, because it's been a year since I translated this and I don't remember which flags I used, where I stopped fixing bugs, how everything interconnected, etc. It'd take a lot of time to refamiliarize myself with the game and find every reference to everything I changed so that the scripts still functioned. I haven't had any reports of events not working in Lauren, just events repeating, so because of that I'm probably not going to bother doing this.

To put this into layman's terms... A lot of the scripts activate the next script. So, say, after fighting a rival... it'll trigger the next rival battle, and it knows to do that by a unique variable. So, say, (I totally forget what the actual numbers are), one activates flag 4005 or whatever. I'd have to not just change the flag in the event, but find which previous event activates it, and change that to the same thing. And I'd have to do that for pretty much every script in Lauren. And I'd probably have to play through the game again, because if I mess up one link in that chain, it WILL be unplayable. At the end of 4005 will activate 4006, so I'd have to change that to say 3CA1 and 3CA2, then find the 4006 event and change that to 3CA2, which'll activate 4007 -> 3CA3... etc.

So you can see why I'm not really eager to do that, I hope. Nothing I've changed in this past update or the next one will require me to play through the game again, it's all minimal-to-no testing required.

Also, I hope you realize that these aren't MY errors... they're Wesley's errors. I don't mind fixing what I can, but I also don't feel obligated to bend over backwards to fix what really shouldn't be my responsibility, y'know?

But, anyway. I'm going to add a couple of other things, but this probably won't be one of them. I hope you still enjoy the game. :)

little problem...when i want return in some city of Lauren i can't use fly to arrive in these city:

-Lendyn Town
-Merdyan City
-Kosaka City
-Noormeak City
-Ricyan City
-Sunar Town
and for the Lauren League...it's happened only to me? xD

There are only so many fly points in the game. This is a GBA rom limitation or something like that, and can't be overcome. Wesley put two regions into a base game that was only designed for one. You'll just have to deal with it, sorry. :)

Also, I just got internet access back, and I couldn't do any more work on it without internet because I didn't have access to the Gen 4/5 pokedex entries that I was going to try to insert. 1.2 is still on track, I'm still alive, and I'll just power through it the next time I get bored. It's about half done, and it'll likely be the final update I make to the game.

I'll take a look into the boat thing, and if anyone else has any issues that need fixing beyond 'halp i can't patch dis' or 'lol lauren is buggy', let me know and I'll see what I can do.

1.2 won't fix anything major though, there's no reason not to play 1.1 if you want to start now. It'll add pokedex entries (probably), a healing script in yellow town, wild encounters in two caves that don't work, and it'll fix a glitch involving Unova starters--Nothing really essential to playing at all, more just extra polish. 1.1 took care of the only major gameplay issue I was aware of, that being the messed up XP from various species of pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2013
im stuck at route 501.
my excadrill has dig but it can't still go inside the hole. i tried using it over the hole and talking to the hole. been stuck there for ages.
help please?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
im stuck at route 501.
my excadrill has dig but it can't still go inside the hole. i tried using it over the hole and talking to the hole. been stuck there for ages.
help please?
Talking should do the trick... haven't you forgotten to do something?

@Snake: Would you mind if I tried to fix bugs if I had time to do it by editing your translated version?

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023

Talking should do the trick... haven't you forgotten to do something?

@Snake: Would you mind if I tried to fix bugs if I had time to do it by editing your translated version?

Yeah, if you want to have a go at editing Lauren, go ahead. Just wait until I put out my final version and use that as a base. All that should need doing is changing all the flags in Lauren to something different. I was using values in the high 3000s for Zhery, but I don't remember the exact ones I used... so you'd have to figure out which flags are free, too. I tended not to change a flag unless it didn't work properly, and I didn't notice any issues in Lauren on my own playthrough, though evidently other people are.

I'm just paranoid about creating more bugs, since that happened a lot when I was trying to fix Zhery. That and lazy. :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I don't think I did.

Here's some screenies:
View attachment 65452
View attachment 65453
That's weird... Just talking ought to do it...
It seems the flag isn't set... could you return to check if you really did not miss an event?

BTW, I can't seem to Fly back to some towns even though I've already visited the Pokecenters.
As I already stated, there's not enough fly spots in one ROM so you just cannot =D

Yeah, if you want to have a go at editing Lauren, go ahead. Just wait until I put out my final version and use that as a base. All that should need doing is changing all the flags in Lauren to something different. I was using values in the high 3000s for Zhery, but I don't remember the exact ones I used... so you'd have to figure out which flags are free, too. I tended not to change a flag unless it didn't work properly, and I didn't notice any issues in Lauren on my own playthrough, though evidently other people are.

I'm just paranoid about creating more bugs, since that happened a lot when I was trying to fix Zhery. That and lazy. :)
I see... okay. Those high flags will be obvious enough...
I'll try to use "character" flags (those with A, B, C, D, E, F) so I guess it'll be good to go.
Okay. I'll wait for that version, do a playthrough and check if there are any remaining bugs.

Back