• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trade Corner's 30 Day Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
Day 9: How many times do you trade per week?

Definitely multiple times a week. Although this week I haven't really traded because I've been having a lot of problems, first with my laptop, now with my SD card.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Day 9: How many times do you trade per week? About once or twice every day, but now I almost completely stopped since I got issues with my Powersaves

Years
once a week during WTW. more than that, done under some agreement.

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
Day 10: Is cloning beneficial to trading in your opinion?

A million percent, and this is the reason why I really hate Reddit's trading scene, and part of Bisaboard's hack list. There's literally no difference between an uncloned Pokemon and a cloned Pokemon. Nothing, not at all. Unlike a hacked Pokemon, where you can physically pick apart what exactly makes it hacked (SID, IVs, etc), the clone is physically legit as long as the original was legit. I can't imagine event collecting without cloning. I stopped event collecting in February 2011, and one of the reasons why I never got back into it was because I had no way of cloning in 5th and 6th gens. Now that homebrew has been more widely available at the end of last year, I have the ability to clone in 7th gen, and I have gotten back into event collecting.

Cloning expands your collection, and in order to be a collector of anything, you need to expand your collection. At this point, every single event has been cloned at some point, so there's virtually no way you'll be able to escape it. This is why I think it's incredibly pointless how Bisaboard lists clones in their hack list, and the only clones they list are the ones that popped up twice in their own forums.

Years
i can say for sure, yes. it's the only win-win solution for any trader. nothing to lose and everybody happy. i get most events clonned. i don't live in countries where you can get events live. i can only hope someone can trade with my clonned events for their clonned. i do agree with Haileo, i don't really like reddit in trading forum where clones aren't allowed. sites like smogon, PC, and Neoseeker are the best so far.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Day 10: Is cloning beneficial to trading in your opinion? Absolutely. No one would want to trade their super rare Event or 6IV Shiny if cloning didn't exist. You can't even see the difference between a cloned or uncloned Pokémon. For me, breeding was made amazingly less of a pain by RNC and destinedjagold, because of the Ditto they're giving away. Without cloning, there's no way I'd ever have a 6IV foreign Ditto.
The only downside is that some very specific mass cloned Pokémon lose value. However, it's not all Shiny Mew that lost value, only E P P I E's Shiny Mew. If a Pokémon owner is smart enough, it'll never ever happen to their own Event/Pokémon. Luckily some people just want to help, and that's how a legit Shiny Mew became so widely available.

Last edited:

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
Day 11: Do you prefer Battle-Ready or Untouched Pokémon?

Definitely UT. UT has way more value than BR, and I'm not even saying that because I fell out of competitive battling in early 2014. BR Pokemon are also, on average, much more likely to be hacked, because competitive battling is filled with hacks. I hate trading for BR Pokemon, and I even don't really like trading for any touched Pokemon in general.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Day 11: Do you prefer Battle-Ready or Untouched Pokémon? I prefer untouched Pokémon, in the eventuality than I want to train them myself. I almost never do however lol

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Years
Usually 2-3 times. I have limited availability, so sometimes it will be with more people on the weekends.

Yep. I clone because I like to keep my collection and add to it rather than sacrificing one thing for something else. It's also a lot easier to convince people to trade with you if they know you can clone their poke and trade back the original. It eliminates some of the uneasiness, especially for new people on the trading scene. There's virtually no difference between the clone and the original, so I don't see it as a problem.

I don't really care too much. However, since I'm a collector, I prefer UT just because it increases the Pokemon's value in trading since people like to train the Pokemon themselves. I like the idea of battling, but I never really do it.

Years
Yes, it gives more incentive to trade from the first owner, as they don't have anything to lose.

Battle ready, only because I'm sometimes too lazy to train it haha.

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
Plays Catch-up

Day 1: When did you start trading? How did you end up getting into it?
- Started trading back in Gen I when you actually needed the person to be in front of you, Red. I got into it because all of the kids in my neighborhood played.

Day 2: Most recent Pokémon you traded? What did you get in exchange?
- Traded a 5 IV speed boost Torchic for a Shiny 4 IV Ditto. Didn't ask for it, it's just what the dude gave me.

Day 3: What's your favourite Pokémon? Have you ever traded for it?
- Moltres, no.

Day 4: What is your favourite Shiny Pokémon that you own and did you have to trade for it?
- Moltres, no I caught it.

Day 5: Do you prefer the Gen 6 PSS or Gen 7's Festival Plaza?
PSS, going into festival plaza is annoying because you have to wait there after logging online. Inhibits my multi-tasking.

Day 6: Have you ever traded via Link Cable?
Yuuuuuuup.

Day 7: Did you get your most prized Pokémon yourself or did you trade for it?
- My Loveball Shiny Moltres <3 Caught it myself after 8927364 (or so it seemed) SR

Day 8: How do you organize your PC boxes? Do you change the wallpapers?
- Organize by whats in the boxes, so not really. It's controlled chaos. No idc about the wallpapers.

I used to trade A LOT, not so much anymore. Maybe once or twice a week.

- Personally yes I think so. It is incentive for me to trade the mon I worked so hard to breed for something on par or lesser. I can see how it could be a double edged sword because it makes harder to get Pokemon more commonly seen. IMHO events are a waste of time, the "hard-to-obtain" events are more easily accessible due to cloning. Shiny WELL BRED Pokemon are more valuable to me and considered more authentically "one-of-a-kind".

- Untouched, that's what I personally breed for people. It gives the opportunity for someone to customize the Pokemon for their play style.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Zero. Completed my collection a few weeks after SM came out. I trade for the events which I cannot get on my own, but that's not at a weekly rate.

Beneficial in some ways. I don't think many people would trade events or legendaries without it. However I think it can get a bit out of hand when the market is oversaturated with the same flawless shinies.

Untouched!! I hardly ever use Pokemon in battle, and theres just something about having a collection of flawless lv1s.

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
Day 12: What is your favorite Event Pokémon? Was it difficult to obtain?

I don't know if I really have a favorite... I think the one most special to my heart is the 05080 VGC10 Shiny Eevee. I was event collecting at this time, and in June 2010, the VGCs stopped at Secaucus, New Jersey, which is 20 minutes from my house. This was the first time I ever got to go to an in-life Pokemon event, not including the Toys R Us events.

I remember wanting to go to the last stop in the 10th Anniversary tour when it was in Bryant Park, New York City on August 8, 2006, but my parents didn't want to take me. The experience I got by obtaining the Eevee was great, and two years later, in the very same building (Meadowlands Expo Center in Secaucus), I went to my first ever convention, Bronycon Summer 2012. I guess I have lots of memories that remind me of this Eevee.

Difficult to obtain? Not really. We went to the Expo Center immediately after I had an appointment for my retainer that morning, and we waited in line. But there were way too many people wanting to register for the VGC, so the line got cut off quite a bit in front of me. Me and my brother didn't get to enter the VGC even after waiting in line for about 2 hours, but we still got the Eevee. IIRC there were 500 entrants that got in, and many more that were cut off.

Years
untouched. i prefer the level 1 breedject to level 100 pokemon because i usually use them for breeding and getting my own shiny from.
Darkrai. yes, because the one i meant was the platinum event darkrai where you can soft-reset it. i wish i could buy second-hand cart with untouched event so i could hunt it myself. but, no. i don't have any of them.

Last edited:

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
- Kiyo Eevee, in a way I got it by luck because the person I traded with to get it doesn't speak very good English.

Years

The liberty island Victini, I obtained back in 2011 when BW came out. (It was my first event). No, it wasn't difficult to obtain, since it was a low level capture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back