• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You know Pokemon is trolling you when...

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
I have a few:

One time I missed with Overheat 3 times in a row.

Once in Gen 4 I was battling a friend. She critical'd me 4 times in a row, so I used the Quick Claw 4 times in a row with my Steelix to destroy her team.

Once in Gen 4 I was battling a different friend. At the end we each had one guy left. I had a Blissey, he had some physical sweeper that could take out my Blissey with one hit and was faster than Blissey, but his guy was Toxic'd. The only way I could win was by successfully using Protect 4 times in a row. It totally worked, he wasn't very happy about it lol.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
Two things I remember from Gen 2:
  • The only shiny I've ever met was a Graveler. The first attack it used in battle was Explosion.
  • I was on route 37. The Raikou I was trying to catch was on route 36. I moved to route 36, Raikou moved to route 37. I went back to route 37, Raikou moved back to route 36...

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
To quote a recently sent e-mail:
You know when Pokemon is trolling you when the CPU uses Outrage (two
turns), gets confused, and manages to use Outrage again. (KO'd all my
Pokemon)

BTW, this guy is NOT on PokeCommunity as of yet. (I think)

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
When the first shiny you ever run into is the one before an NPC gives you Pokeballs...

Number Infinity

Equal to Zero
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2013
You Know Pokemon is trolling you when you have six Pokemon at full HP and the person your battling has one Pokemon left, that Pokemon is a (presumably) well EV trained Hydreigon that manages to use Outrage for three turns gets confused and then get to use it for two more turns despite being confused! Lucky for me I had my awesome Kyrem (forgot how to spell it) that KOed him with a single ice move (can't remember which one).

Who was Pokemon trolling that day?

blue

gucci
Years
When you find a specific Pokemon that you have spent ages trying to find with a low encounter rate, only to find out you have no Pokéballs...

Sirfetch’d

When you are using a 100% accuracy move and you were only hit with one sand attack, but your move misses 5 times in a row anyway. And when you are confused and paralyzed at the same time and one of them always affects you.

darkwaters93

Ninja Vaporeon
Years
When I go into the GTS and search for "Palkia" and then 5 of the results are useless pokemon nicknamed "Palkia".

Also, when I go into the GTS and look for a pokemon I really want, then find a shiny version of it, but after I pick the pokemon that I am going to offer, it cancels the trade saying "We're sorry, But this pokemon has already been traded to someone else!"

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
To quote a recently sent e-mail:
BTW, this guy is NOT on PokeCommunity as of yet. (I think)
You Know Pokemon is trolling you when you have six Pokemon at full HP and the person your battling has one Pokemon left, that Pokemon is a (presumably) well EV trained Hydreigon that manages to use Outrage for three turns gets confused and then get to use it for two more turns despite being confused! Lucky for me I had my awesome Kyrem (forgot how to spell it) that KOed him with a single ice move (can't remember which one).

Who was Pokemon trolling that day?
Gotta agree with this... confused Outrage is the most trolling thing ever =D

By the way, who in the world uses Hydreigon as physical sweeper? o.O

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Second round of Kanto Leanders Blane's Arcanine gets a Crit on turn 1.
I reset.
First Round of Kanto LEaders Blane's Arcanine gets a Crit on turn 1, and turn 2.

Da Truck, Da Truck is going on?

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
One word. Emolga. Throughout my entire Black and Black2 run they have been the bane of my adventure. With their double team and parahax, volt switch shananigans, and interfering with my Audino hunting/training. I dont even run away when I encounter them anymore. I just launch my most powerful attack and feel satisfied as I end the battle.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
When I was scrambling to finish the new unova pokedex.

Lapras has a 5% cance in rippling water. Find it. Lapras uses Parish Song. I have 3 turns to catch it or it dies and I have to start all over again. I use a Master Ball.

10 Minutes Later....

Politoad has a 5% cance in rippling water. Find it. Politoad uses Parish Song. I have 3 turns to catch it or it dies and I have to start all over again. I use a Master Ball.

Master Balls are for chumps.

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
When you have a box full of Nidorans and they are all not Male Modest 31 SAtk/Spe IV Hustle ones!!!!!!!!1111!!!!

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
Here's one: Playing my brother's Pearl game, walking with Mira in Wayward cave. Encounter a shiny bronzor and a normal bronzor. I Ko the normal one, and I'm about to catch the shiny one when Mira's Kadabra knocks out the shiny bronzor.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
When the NPCs move around and mess you up when you're trying to hit your frame. HOLD STILL DAMMIT.

Years
oh yes, Elesa and her volt switch strategy ! It was super annoying.

And then the HM move = FLASH!

And i know this is part of Pokemon game play since Gen1, but I despise caves! All the Zubats,the boulders,the surfing, the FLASH! I feel so stuck

Back