• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question Thread

Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?

• Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, you should probably go for something else.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nah, it's fine.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • WHA- The white version is the best! ^^

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
GameStop may no longer sell GameCube games in-stores, but they still sell them in their online shop. (: Just visit their website, hit the "more" button on the navigation bar, and select the "GameCube" option from the drop-down menu. When you're done, you should be taken to the GameCube games and accessories page immediately. d: GameFly sell GC games, too, I think. If you have an account there, then why not try ordering a few of your favorite games from them?

You may also try eBay or Amazon if you wish, just like Trainer Timothy suggested. Be very careful when you make purchases from these sites though, because there's always a chance that the seller might be sending out fake copy of these games to you, and not the original ones.

Last edited:

zigazav

Fanfiction writer inactive
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 20, 2017
I have a question, does Second Life or other PC games count as video games in this board? Just a question that I thought-up. And also, while it's not necessarily a game based question, but the profile pic and avatar pic I'm using okay to use in this forum? Because I'm kinda worried I made a mistake, but I have a lack of good Pokemon pictures to use, as said in my sig below. Nothing 18+ is showing, right?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If the orange charger light of the 3DS lights up on its own and the 3DS isn't plugged to a charger, what does that mean?

Edit: screencap. Take note that it's not plugged into anything.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pikachuie

Go Seahawks!
Years
Is the 3DS right for me?

so I've been looking to get a 3DS because well come on Nintendo is awesome (Not saying I don't like xbox or playstation) awhile ago i went to target just to shop for things and i say a 3DS because me and my mom were in the video games and i showed her the 3ds and she was looking at the games i dont know why but she was while i was playing around and YEAHHHH ANYONE ELSE SEE DIS ITS AMAZING *cough* uh well I loved 3D was good I didn't see the whole "when you move your head or something the 3D gets messed up" and of course my mom was like "Your gonna gets this. They have a new cooking mamma!" but i just told her she would have to buy the game XD well yeah I don't know if I should really get it, I would be getting the 3DS XL blue and black one refurbished from Nintendo and buy animal crossing new leaf and maybe pokemon X.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
You're getting two 3DS systems? Ah, nice! I'd get only one if I were you, though. Getting a second one would be just a waste of money, in my opinion. Well, unless you have a very good reason for it, of course. xD" I have a 3DS myself, and it's great. You are able to do a lot of things with it, such as taking three-dimensional pictures, playing old Gamyboy games on the Virtual Console, surf the web with its built-in web browser, and more. Plus, its processor is equal to that of the good-old Nintendo GameCube, which is quite epic! It can hurt your eyes a bit if you play games on it in 3D mode for a little more than two to three though, so you always gotta be a bit careful. Personally, I always leave the 3D turned off when playing games. It ain't too bad.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I got the Red and Blue Pokemon 3DS versions. But other than reasons like that I don't really see the point in getting multiple 3DS, I only have Multiple other consoles as I bought limited edition versions, buying multiple standard versions sees like a waste to me. Just my opinion tho.

Pikachuie

Go Seahawks!
Years
So I have two questions

1. So I have a copy of Sims Busting out for the gamecube and well I found it just awhile ago and I put in my gamecube only to find out that it would not read but I looked at the back and remembered why it's been ages scene i've played it because it was scratched to the max but no deep ones. Will gamestop repair this or is it done for and if so its fine i'll just play sims 3 :)

2. So I have tons of DS games but I keep loosing them and I want to get a R4 card to back all them up like Nintendogs and all the others but I dont know thue best place to buy them, and I just want to not lose the games again. I just found nintendogs after leaving in my brothers room.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
So I have two questions

1. So I have a copy of Sims Busting out for the gamecube and well I found it just awhile ago and I put in my gamecube only to find out that it would not read but I looked at the back and remembered why it's been ages scene i've played it because it was scratched to the max but no deep ones. Will gamestop repair this or is it done for and if so its fine i'll just play sims 3 :)

I've done a littler research and it appears here, that they will buffer the disc. However, keep this things in mind. This question was answered 3 Years ago. So that policy may have changed. But if you really enjoy the game, I wouldn't mind making the trip to your local GameStop to see. :) Hope this helps.

Nakala Pri

Do you have a 3Ds XL, and also, what colour? I might get a Pokemon X and Y-Xerneas and Yveltal Red-Themed 3D XL, but first I gotta know, is the white screen a too annoying? :C

You can move or delete this, moddies, no grudges... unless you don't answer... xD

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
One of my friends have a white 3DS XL. Personally, I don't think it looks too bad. From experience though, I can tell that it gets dirty quite easily, as I used to have a DS Lite of the same color long time ago. xD But it shouldn't be too hard to clean it—the shell is pretty slippery, so you should be able to wipe dirt off of it in an instant.

Currently, I just have the regular 3DS, not the XL. I bought it last year in December, I think. It cost me approximately one-fifty dollars, and Mario Kart 7 was the first game I got for it. I always try to keep it clean as much as I can, so it's still in new condition. I'm not quite sure yet if I'll be myself a 3DS XL, but I've had my eyes on them for a while now, so chances are I most likely will. :) They may not be very portable, but I absolutely love how big their screens are, and their sound quality also seems to be much clearer. I was planning to buy myself one of those Pokémon X and Y 3DS XL, but decided not to since I wasn't a big fan of their color schemes. I do like the color of the new Zelda 3DS, however. If they ever release it out in the United States, then I may end up buying it. If I do buy it, then chances are I will give away my current 3DS to my sister, she's been wanting to have one for an extremely long time. I may hand over some of 3DS games to her as well—just the ones that I no longer play. d:

Last edited:

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
2. So I have tons of DS games but I keep loosing them and I want to get a R4 card to back all them up like Nintendogs and all the others but I dont know thue best place to buy them, and I just want to not lose the games again. I just found nintendogs after leaving in my brothers room.

Hi, umm. personally, there's better flashcart brands out there, whose names I don't know off hte top of my head. I have an R4 and all was fine until I played Pokemon on it. It deleted the save files for a few of my other games. They've frozen on numerous occasions, and you have to keep the kernel software updated or else set your DS to pre April 2010 because otherwise it freaks out.. I'd look into other brands if I were you,

Last edited by a moderator:

Samgon

Flygon's Master
Years
3DS XL Pikachu edition

Was anyone lucky enough to get one of these for the limited time they were on sale :o?
I always wanted one but was out of work at that time so I couldn't afford one unfortunately, does anyone know how much they go for today?

Years
Moved this thread to Video Games since it's just discussion on the Pikachu 3DS XL, and not an actual technical problem with the unit.

catroZ

Working...Don't bother me...
Years
Hello, I need help choosing between a 2DS and a 3DS.
At the moment I am low on budget(but I have enough cash to buy a 3DS and Pokemon X-or-Y).So which one would you recommend to me?
Thanks.

Years
Hello, I need help choosing between a 2DS and a 3DS.
At the moment I am low on budget(but I have enough cash to buy a 3DS and Pokemon X-or-Y).So which one would you recommend to me?
Thanks.
If you can afford the 3DS and a Pokemon, I'd say go for it! I mean, any Pokemon fan should want to be playing X or Y. Looking at the DS aspect, it's really down to personal opinion. I would suggest looking into the features more deeply, the 3DS has more which is reflected in it's price. Generally, if you want more games sooner, I recommend the 2DS because it's quite a bit cheaper so you would still have money for more games. And of course, you wouldn't have the 3D option. It is ultimately up to you and what you prefer.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I've heard good things about the 2DS, but I prefer having a clamshell design to protect the screens, and the 3D in certain games is really impressive (Pokemon is not one of them). So I'd suggest the 3DS...the XL if you can swing it - the bigger screens make a huge difference.

Years
Having both a 3DS and a 2DS, the 2DS is serviceable if you're not looking to use the 3D, which is pretty much the only feature missing (well, that and the stereo sound without headphones). The clamshell form factor of the 3DS fits far better in your typical pocket, though. The tablet design of the 2DS will pretty much only fit in wide-opening, deep-pocketed men's pants pockets.

catroZ

Working...Don't bother me...
Years
I've heard good things about the 2DS, but I prefer having a clamshell design to protect the screens, and the 3D in certain games is really impressive (Pokemon is not one of them). So I'd suggest the 3DS...the XL if you can swing it - the bigger screens make a huge difference.

The 3DS XL is by far too expensive for me.

Well what are the main differences between the
3DS and the 2DS(apart from the obvious differences, like that the 3DS is clamshell and the 2DS isn't, that the 2DS has just 1 speaker while the 3DS has 2, etc.

Back