• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Humanum Familiares [Best Rookie/Most Original Aug/Sep '11]

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Josh watched as the last of the guards fell before him, the end result had been the group managing to defeat fifteen guards and two dragons. It just showed the power of teamwork at its finest.

A small movement touched the edge of Joshs eye, so he drew his gun and quickfired at his target.

A groan and squeal came followed by the clatter of metal and the sobbing of a child.

Josh walked towards his "enemy" to see a small, eleven year old boy fallen on the ground, a bullet hole in the back of his leg.

His face was written with fear and denial, with the smallest ammount of resignment to his fate. His face was covered in bruises and he had scars on his arms and ripped leather clothes and shoes.

He had a shaved head with black stems all over. His large blue eyes were wet with tears. This boy was the worst and most cruely treated of slaves, this boy was a slave deemed so insignificant he bore the title "Nothus" the latin for "mongrel".

Josh however had no such knowledge of titles and names, however it was obvious that this boy was... extremely mistreated.

"What is your name boy?" Josh tried to say as nicely as he could, taking another step towards the boy, the boy tried to move away but his wound prevented him from doing so.

"M....My n..n..name...?" The boy seemed confused, nobody had ever asked his name before, he had simply been refered to as nothus.

"Yes, you know, name. The title given to you by your parents." Josh said. he himself confused by the boys own confusion.

"My... My name is Ridain... Benjamin Ridain..." The boy looked afraid into Joshs eyes, he wondered if this answer had pleased him.

Josh let out a big beaming grin.

"Well Ben, Is it alright if I call you Ben?"

Benjamin gasped and looked at Josh in shock. Someone had asked him for... permission? This was so new to the boy, this man, his "enemy" as the guards had called him, was showing him more kindness then anyone ever had...

"O..Of course you may sir." Benjamin said bowing his head.

Josh made a sympathetic smile.

"Hey, you know technically Im a familiar... so we're both of the same rank. There's no need to call me sir."

Benjamin didn't know what to say, he was being treated equally? He had expected death from this man and yet...

Benjamin burst out into tears and Josh put his hand on his shoulder.

He quickly ripped an already torn piece from his shirt and wrapped it around Benjamins wound.

"Sorry about that... by the way you can call me Josh Benjamin, just thought Ishould get that out of the way."

Benjamin shook his head.

"No, No! Master Josh mustn't be so kind, I am the nothus! I should be apologizing for putting you through the trouble of shooting me."

Josh burst out laughing.

"Don't be so stupid Benjamin! Apologizing for next to no reason like that! I don't know what a nothus is so.... Oh!" Josh stopped, it seemed Benjamin had passed out from blood loss.

Josh picked up the little boy and carried him back to the group.

Emil immediately recognised the ruined clothes and shaved head.

"What is that thing you have servant! Have you brought it to me to finish off?" Emil said his hand sliding to his sword.

Josh shot Emil a glare of total hatred.

"This thing is a little boy, who was tortured and mistreated by our enemies for quite some time I would assume! So you'd better shut your trap before I shoot your head!" Josh was serious this time.

Emil grumbled but kept quiet.

"At any rate I don't think any of us are in the humour of talking in the open with the sun setting on the horizon." Josh stated.

It was true the orange glow of the evening was beginning to set in and the group headed into a small forest nearby and prepared a campfire within a nearby cave.

Josh sat by the campfire with the secretary, he had putten Benjamin in a small pile of leaves he had gathered and was letting him rest.

He turned to the secretary.

"So what are you doing here?" He said.

"I've been meaning to ask you... but obviously I haven't had the time."

The secretary smiled.

"Once I heard you had set out I requested the headmasters permission to come and aid you and well... he agreed."

Josh had a plain expression on his face.

"Oh... well then, if you're going to be coming with us then I should at least know you're name." Josh said.

The secretary contemplated, as if wondering wether to reveal her identity.

"My name... is Adriel Naori." she said a small ammount of guilt on her face.

Adriel was a young woman at the early age of twenty-three with ears folded back and covered beneath her hair, as if purposely hidden. She had round chocolate brown eyes and a small pointed nose, her lips were full and she wore a green combat top with green camo pants, probably her normal attire for combat, much different from the gown she wore in her office. Her bow was finely made, carved into an elegant form with perfect light birch wood. The arrows were made from sticks of a similar wood type, fine silver heads and brightly coloured feathers on their ends, all stored in a fine leather quiver.

"Hmmm... well in any case thank you Adriel." Josh said.

Adriel smiled.

"It was no trouble, I would have come with or without the headmasters permission, I couldn't bear to see our Princess' hurt." A flash of guilt crossed Adriels face.

The two sat by the campfire and thought.

Enil sat near the back of the cave and eyed Benjamin suspiciously. He turned his head around to Kenna who was near him.

"What do you make of this... boy?" He asked.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
"...However I'm unsure how they recognised our precense already...They could only have realised that if something was approaching from the air..." Emil shot a sneering glance at Miharu.

Miharu rolled her eyes as ice needles appeared in her hands. "Dude, we were barely off the ground. We were a few INCHES off the ground. Kaida's just amazing like that. Plus, they probably knew that people would be coming after the princess. She is the princess after all."

However, Emil could not respond as the soldiers were right on them. Miharu threw her ice needles with startling accuracy, each of them hitting pressure points that would cause them to lose conciseness. A few attempted to surround her before they fell to the ground from the scary aim of her ice needles. Then, a barrage of arrows came and hit a dragon and quite a few of the guards. However, by the time that the arrows came, all of the guards that had tried to attack her, thinking her of the weakest link, were all on the ground, to be knocked out for eight hours.

Miharu nodded, smirking. She noticed a movement out of the corner of her eye and saw that it was a kid. It also seemed that "Mist" saw it as well and shot the kid in the leg. Miharu winced. Didn't anyone knew that one at least took a second to assess the "threat" before shooting?

Like "Mist", Miharu's blood boiled at the obvious mistreatment. She growled at Emil who offered to kill the boy. It was the first time that she had lost her temper, ever. Although it would usually be cute on girls, it was just ferocious and slightly scary on Miharu.

She walked closely to Kiroku, inspecting him for injuries. She noticed a few scratches, but it seemed that that was all the injuries that Kiroku sustained. When they reached the cave, as others started the fire, she dragged Kiroku a bit away.

"Let me bandage those scratches," Miharu stated.

Kiroku looked ready to argue, but with a look from Miharu, he did not say anything.

Miharu grabbed some bandages from her pocket and tied it around his scratches.

"I am not sure what affect potions would have on you," she murmured softly, "so I would rather not try to give you potions if that is alright with you. We should probably test this later with the school nurse."

Kiroku nodded and soon, Miharu was done with the bandages.

Kiroku whistled appreciatively at the bindings. "How'd you get so good?"

Miharu shrugged. "Sometimes potions were hard to come by. Bandages were the best I could come up with at some times." It would be bad for the family image if they had to buy so many potions for their daughter, after all. Plus, when she lived on the streets, potions were much too expensive to buy for the smallest injuries, so she learned how to tie bandages well pretty fast.

They both came close the campfire as the secretary gave her name. They both listened fairly quietly, until Emil asked, "What do you make of this...boy?"

Miharu hmmed. "Why the pause before boy? Really, you nobles are such arseholes." Never mind the fact that she was still technically a noble, but still... "I am quite stuck between that he could be a spy, or that he could really just be a mistreated child. Since I really would not like to mistreat children, I would just say that we should probably not talk about our plans around him, but still keep him around and keep a watch on him. If he does seem to be a spy...Well, we should probably incapacitate him. Not kill him, but make him knocked out for about eight hours, which is something I can do with pressure points. However, we should probably treat that gunshot wound so it does not become infected. The cave will not help matters anyways."

Miharu stood up and knelt to the kid, Ben. She was glad that he was asleep, then he would not have to feel the pain. She checked his leg carefully. Luckily, there was an exit wound, so she wouldn't have to take out the bullet. It also didn't seem to hit a huge artery and with his age, he probably would not bleed to death due to the fact that the vein probably clotted already. All the same, he could be infected and that would be terrible. Miharu cleaned the wound and bandaged it, making sure that he would not wake up. When she was done, she went back to the "circle" around the campfire.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Kiroku checked out the bandages his mage gave him, and nodded to himself. Potions? Now things were getting cooler. Maybe he'd try and take up potion brewing when Miharu had classes that he didn't have to attend (assuming he had to attend some). Then again, how likely was it that he'd be allowed to apprentice if he had the opportunity to? Oh well, he'd learn it in secret if he must. Having someone there to brew different potions could be a very great asset to them all. First the girl, then the boy, and now the princess being captured? This world was going to bring them all down a rocky path.

There was no need to speak up about his opinion about the boy, because Miharu put it perfectly. Especially the spy part. Not even he saw when that boy appeared in the scene, but it was kind of random. Too random to be just a coincidence. But what evidence was there to charge him as anything but a mistreated boy shot in the leg? At least Miharu took care of his injuries. She has a kind heart, Kiroku thought as he walked over to her.

"You should remind me to ask permission to study potions when we get back to the school. It might be a good idea to have people in our group of Earthings and Magi who know how to make remedies," Kiroku said as he sat down next to his mage, "And it would be nice learning about something in this new world other than combat." And then his eyes rested on the secretary. She probably remembered his outburst and might ignore him for a little bit, but at least she was around. Something told the boy that they might need all the help that they can get. "Oh, and I can take the watch until we're ready to move out."

(OOC: Is it supposed to be night now? Or just a rest break?)

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
((OOC: I think it is night. XD 'Cause the sun was setting, so...))

"You should remind me to ask permission to study potions when we get back to the school. It might be a good idea to have people in our group of Earthings and Magi who know how to make remedies," Kiroku said as he sat down next to his mage, "And it would be nice learning about something in this new world other than combat."

Miharu nodded. "That probably would be wise. I know a bit of potion making, it is one of the only thing that does not need magic and as such, I do not fail at it, so, if you want, I can teach you." Miharu smirked slightly. "I am quite good at it. The best in the school, actually."

"Oh, and I can take the watch until we're ready to move out," stated Kiroku.

Miharu shrugged. "Perhaps we should rotate in pairs. I probably need to stay awake just to watch Ben in order to see if his wound gets infected. If I do end up falling asleep and the person on watch notices him sweating or something of the sort, wake me up immediately. Do the same if his bandage starts to bleed red. Since I am sure they did not use potions on him, he probably would not react well to potions either. And I would rather not see the aftermath of me using potions if he is not used to it," Miharu stated dryly. "So, Kiroku and I can take the first watch, but I cannot stress the importance of waking me up if you notice that Ben is in pain, or the wound is getting infected. I would rather not have to cut off his leg if that happens." This was stated towards Emil. "And it would be with Emil's sword too."

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
"And I will be ripping off this one's sword arm if he tries anything funny," Kiroku added, standing up and moving closer towards the mouth of the cave, "I need to practice that barb-wrap technique." It got progressively colder as he walked away from the campfire, but that was to be expected. He like the cold, anyhow, and was probably to only person he knew that did. If it bothered him it would only keep him up for his shift. There would be time to sleep later.

He was also happy to know that he was partners with a mage skilled in potions. Above all else, the boy wanted to be as helpful as possible. Potions might be a small deed, but if it helped people in the future it was worth-while. Just another thing to like about Miharu. I'm glad we're friends, Kiroku thought as he looked out in the distance and kept a sharp eye out for danger, I'd never be doing this at home. Serious business, but fun... I would recommend an assault in the night, but with that boy here we'll be immobile for a while. Might as well, I don't trust Emil and his uppity, bloated head.

Last edited:

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
Just then the door opened and Andre could see Adria chatting with another girl, then when she came in, it was obvious that she was shocked. Well Andre had to admit the room WAS clean and sparkling now compared to the previous messy one.

"You did all this?" she said before hugging him as he nodded and stood "Thank you I've never seen my room so clean, but you didn't have to" she said kissing his cheek. Andre blushed instantly and looked away. He was shy and embarrassed when it came to these matters so he didn't really know how to react. But at least she was happy...

Adria walked over to the window looking out it. "S-Sorry shouldn't have done that" she said shyly staring outside before remembering the flier. "Oh the Familiar Showcase is in three days." she said handing him the flyer before looking away again.

"I-It's okay." Andre spoke, stammering, talking about the kiss thing. Reading the flyer, he frowned. It was...strange and awkward. A Showcase? Leonda Hiyacenth the Princess of Tristein as the special guest? This was going to be big, and looking into Adria's eyes, he knew that they had to go.

Just then, Andre's eyes widened as a bed was hovering across the room like magic, and landed before the window, thanks to Adria's friend over there. A second bed? "I-Is that for m-me?" Andre asked softly, unable to believe it. That was fast, and Adria really meant it when she said she was going to give him a real bed, Andre realized, "T-Thank you." Deep inside him, he was filled with happiness but he was too shy to show it.

Looking at her friend, Jen, Andre nodded in a gesture of 'hello', and she nodded back, smiling at him. At least someone doesn't freak out when they see me. Andre thought, rolling his eyes as he could imagine rows and rows of people fleeing away from him or saying harsh words at the top of their lungs. It wasn't, and it couldn't be a pretty sight. Jen left for a while, but then she returned with an important message.

"Adria! One of the other Commoners is dueling with one of the Princess's Guard come on!" she exclaimed, grabbing Adria's arm and Adria barely managed to grab Andre before being dragged out of the room. Once there, Andre found himself together with a large crowd, blocking his view, not to mention Adria's and Jen's views were blocked as well by some taller boys up front.

Closing his eyes, he focused, trying to 'hear' the battle, to analyze what was happening, but it failed as he couldn't hear a thing; people were talking so loudly up front. Opening his eyes again, he noticed a boy talking to Adria, and judging by his tone he wasn't friendly.

Where do you think your going. Do you honestly think they are going to let you. A worthless pathetic excuse for a mage into the Princess's Medical tent?" he laugh shoving her to the ground and Adria winced as she hit it. "People like you don't even deserve to study here!" he said smirking down at her as Andre stood there looking angry.

Holding Adria gently, Andre whispered into her eyes, "Let's not stay here. When I was trying to listen just now, I heard someone whispering that the Princess's kidnapped by Germanian soldiers."

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
"Let's not stay here. When I was trying to listen just now, I heard someone whispering that the Princess's kidnapped by Germanian soldiers." Andre whispered holding her and Adria nodded getting off the ground.

"They're probably at the border, some of the other Mages who summoned commoners went with them I heard." she whispered as they walked to the doors. "It's nightfall so they've stopped by now" she added smiling.

"Okay just tell me the direction, Volo can get us there faster" Andre said both of them blushing as Andre picked her up carrying her out of the school.

Adria blushed and pointed in the direction "That way" she said looking up at Andre as he told her to hold on tight and he ran in the direction she had pointed. Adria was scared and shocked at the same time. She had never seen anything move as fast as Andre was running and held on tight to him as he carried her. She took deep calming breaths and as they neared the border Adria saw the bodies on the ground and a campfire coming from a cave not far away "Over there" she said to Andre who nodded going to the Cave and setting her down.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
"I think we need to help him." Kenna said simply as she sat down next to Emil.

This child had been through hell, he needed them to help him. Kenna could not imagine what was going through the child's head, fear probably. Kenna sighed and stared at Josh. When Kenna learned that the princess had been taken, that had been a huge shock to her, she was not used to these situations, Josh however seamed to adapt to it well, she was actually proud of him.

"I have said it once and I will say it again. You are just like Tristan." Emil sighed and squeezed Kenna's hand.

"I only hope." Kenna whispered.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Kiroku stood up with a start as he saw something approach in the darkness. Going into stance, he directed the naginata at the shadowy contours and readied his finger over the button. They were too far right now to see who they were, but if they were enemies they'd receive a welcoming they wouldn't forget. "Look alive, guys, I see something coming this way," Kiroku alerted the others. He didn't look away for a second, because would be the only one visible to others outside, so he'd be the first attacked if they were hostile. Even so, there was a chance that they weren't involved in the conflict.

Miharu looked over for a second and saw Kiroku standing at the ready. He didn't seem fearful nor anxious, but his weapon was still poised for quick retaliation. In a way, she seemed happy about this. At least he didn't fire at will and ask questions later. She didn't want to have to worry about more injured people.

When the figure came closer, Kiroku saw that it was Andre and Adria. Adria was on her familiar's back, and he seemed to slow down as he approached. Twirling his weapon as he stepped out of stance, he grasped a higher part of the pole and tapped it on the ground in a welcoming gesture. "Hold, it's more assistance!" the boy called into the cave, then turned back to the mage and familiar pair, "A little late you two, but better late than never, right? Head inside, the others can fill you in." With that, he looked beyond the two as he continued his watch.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Josh looked at Emil and Kenna holding hands and talking gently to each other. He grunted and huddled into a ball in front of the fire. What had he been thinking? Despite everything she was a noble in this world and he was?... Nothing, except for a familiar he had no name no title in this world... he was lower than a commoner lower than... he looked over at Benjamin, lower than a nothus...

Josh felt anger and sadness hit themselves within his stomach. It was probably better if she went with him... if she was with Josh... her status as a noble would be tarnished.

Adriel pated Josh on the soldier.

"You have feelings for Kenna?" She said with a sympathetic smile.

"N...No!" Josh denied, blushing.

"I... It's just my familiar power... it's... it's making me feel..."

"You're wrong." Adriel said.

"Despite how strong your ties are to your master are, they can't replicate love." Adriel turned her head.

"No matter what."

"And how would you know?!" Josh said raising his voice a little.

"You don't know what it's like being a familiar!!!"

"I....!!!" Adriel began but stopped.

"I... read it in a book.

"Listen..." Josh said.

"I don't know if you're right or not... but its better for her to be with him..." Josh muttered.

"I don't want to drag her down more than my initial appearence already has." Josh winced.

"Even though he's a total ponce... he can take care of her better than I ever could."

Adiel was about to reply when Kiroku began to speak.

Emil saw Josh eyeing Kenna as he held her hand.

Emil was thrilled to see Josh jealous but when he turned around and began arguing with Adriel a thought struck him.

He seemed so upset... could Josh have a thing for Kenna?!

It seemed so obvious now, how angry he got when he flirted with her, how fiercly he fought to defend her.. He though that was the expected behaviour from a familiar but... It seemed to be kind of different with them...

Emil sighed, he was an honourable man so he though he would lay it straight with Kenna and make it so they idin't have anything together but something stopped him...

Deep within him a desire brewed... he couldn't fight it... He also felt something for Kenna and just as Kiroku began to talk Emil kissed Kenna square on the lips.

Josh greeted the two, Adria and Andre at the door but was put off by a gasp from Adriel who had put her hand over her mouth in surprise.

Josh turned to see the source of Adriels surprise. He turned to see Emil and Kenna kissing squarely on the lips.

Josh was about to throttle Emil when a sudden sensation came over him. It screamed at him to get away from that place, to get away from that heartbreaking scene.

Joshs sword fell from his hands and clattered on the cave floor and Emil and Kenna stopped. Emil looked shocked at himself for what had just happened.

"Wait Josh this isn't what it looks like, I would never..."

"YOU! You!.... you stupid..." Josh turned and pushed Adria and Andre out of the way as he ran from the cave.

Emil stood up and rushed out the cave entrance after him.

"Wait! Let me explain!" He cried.

Adriel simply sat and watched as the two men ran from the cave... she was too busy thinking about something Josh had said.

"And how would you know?!" Josh said raising his voice a little.

"You don't know what it's like being a familiar!!!"

She ran her hand beneath the leather glove she wore on the other an felt the branded ruins in her flesh... *If only he knew...* She thought.

*The things my master has me do... I do not wish to have to...but I have no choice, his power over the void is too swaying, I stand no chance against it if I resist.*

In all the commotin that had just taken place, Adriel noticed the young boy, Benjamin, struggling in his sleep. His condition was worsening.

*If I do it quickly... considering nobodys looking...*

Adriel rushed over to the boy and waited till nobodys eyes were upon her then touched the boys wound. The green glow of her Gandalfr core shon softly, however it was completely unnoticable as it was overpowered by the campfires light.

"Remedium." Adriel whispered softly.

Adriel returned to the campfire as the boys wounds settled.

Tears fell from her eyes.

Josh ran for some time and eventually ended up on the roadside. He fell to his knees in frustration and thumped the ground.

Was he so useless! So unneeded that she would so easily throw him aside for a better model?! He sighed. There had been nothing between them anyway. She probably just saw him as a friend.

Josh was about to get up when a claw swing sent him flying against a tree. An enemy dragon had found him and Josh was still weakened from the previous fight. Not to mention this dragon was different. It was stronger and bigger than the others. Teeth beared it lunged at Josh to finish him off.

A sudden flash occured and sword sliced upwards throwing the dragon offside. It was Emil. His teeth were gritted and his rapier drawn as he stood in defense of Josh.

*A high dragon?!* He thought.

It's greater size and sharper fangs aswell as royal blue colour were evidence of its status as a dragon elder, over six hundred years old.

Emil held a hand out to Josh.

"Get up you filthy servant! I can't defeat a high dragon alone!"

Josh smirked and alowed Emil to pull him up.

Emil drew Joshs sword from his belt.

"I beleive you forgot this!" He said tossing it to him.

Josh jumped out of the way as he caught it at the same time he dodged the royal dragons lunge.

"It's just another dragon, right?" Josh said.

Emil winced.

"It's colour and size suggest it's one of Germanias five High dragons, judging by its spiked tail Im guessing its Scythe, Weapon of death. He has the power of a good few dragons."

Joshs eyes widened.

"How many we talking? Five? Ten?"

Emil winced tighter.

"About thirty..." He murmured.

A booming voice erupted from the dragon, its scales shone from the bright of the moon.

"THE NOBLE IS WELL INFORMED! ONLY... ITS FORTY..."

Emil gulped.

"Oh... my mistake..."

"OH ITS NO TROUBLE NOBLE!" Scythe teased.

He charged at the two swinging his four meter long spiked tail.

"YOU WON'T HAVE TO WORRY OVER IT MUCH LONGER!"

Josh and Emil barely managed to leap out of the way before the tail struck the ground.

Josh charged and sliced with his sword, but the drago quickly parried and threw Josh back with his tail.

Emil quickly threw a barage of ice knifes at the dragon but they shattered off him like glass.

"FOOLISH HUMANS! MAGIC DOES NOT EFFECT AN ELDER DRAGON! ESPECIALLY NOT THE WEAPON OF DEATH!"

The Dragon Let out a massive roar.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Adriel lifted her tear stained face.

She had heard that roar before, when her clan had faced the and been destroyed by the elder dragon Scythe, Weapon of Death.
She quickly drew her bow and stood up, her quiver on her back, it was that dragon who had almost killed her years ago. But she had been saved by... him.

Adriel spoke to the others.

"Our friends are in great danger! We must help them!" Without another word. She ran out the cave entrance, willing the others to follow them.

Josh and Emil lay injured on the ground and Scythe had his tail raised. About to finish them.

An arrow suddenly shot from the forest stabbing Scythe in the eye and causing him to reel back in pain.

He opened his remaining eye and saw Adriel, Josh looked back and gasped in shock when he saw a dark green energy surrounding Adriel. But the most shocking thig was that her hair was moved and her long pointed ears stuck out. Her eyes now glowed a soft green as her arrows glowed with the spirits of nature magic, the magic gifted to every living being born as an elf.

Scythe gasped, he was no longer shouting.

"You! You're that elf the one who disapeared, Adriel! Adriel of Naori clan!"

Adriel stared at the dragon, pure hatred written on her face.

"Yes it is I Scythe, the one target who escaped you... and the one who is going to put an end to your miserable existence!"

Adriel closed her eyes and drew her bow.

Scythe charged at her.

"Spiritus natura ... tuae humilis servus Elvin audierit sonitum ... Et percutiam arcum meum verum!" Adirel cried as she fired her arrow, eyes tightly shut it was a mile off, but a green glow took control of it and redirected it to the side of Scthes temple, launching him to the side just before she opened her eyes and drew another arrow. Scythe was about to charge but Josh sliced at him from the side he was blinded on.

An epic battle had begun.

Scythe quickly turned and charged at the others.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Tears started to fall down Kenna's face after Josh had run out of the scene so fast. She tried to put all of what happened straight, Emil had kissed her. But why? What was he going to gain by kissing her? Kenna stood up and quickly climbed out of a small hole she had spotted in the cave. She needed to get away for a while.

Out of the cave, she started to walk through the trees. She needed to clear her head and the only way she was going to do that was to get away from everyone. She was sure no one had followed her, so Kenna keep going down the path she was following. She stopped dead in her tracks when she heard a stomach turning roar.

She turned around and she could see arrows flying everywhere. She was about to start running to help her friends but something caught her attention. They are a sword standing up against a tree. She walked over to it and studied it. That was when she noticed there was someone sitting behind the tree. Once her saw her, Kenna tried to back away but the man jumped up just a quickly. Before she could react, she was on the floor and her hands tied behind her back. She tried to fight him off, she even screamed a couple of times but it was no use.

"What do you want?" She yelled at him.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Josh was fighting Scythe with the others when his hand began to sting and his heart rate shot up, he felt something... like a warning of some sort.

"Kenna..." Josh muttered.

He completely forgot about Scythe and ran into the forest to rescue her.

Emil watched Josh run.

"What are you do... AAARGH!" Scythes claw tossed Emil backwards like a ragdoll.

He couldn't worry about Josh right then.

He used his magic to create a wall of ice to save him from a fatal blow and then drove his rapier into Scythes claw.

While Sythe was distracted with his claw. Adriel shot another Elven arrow which drove itself into Scythes back.

The battle raged on.

Josh charged deeper and depper into the forest his heart beat faster as he could feel himself getting closer to Kenna.

Josh burst into a clearing to find Kenna on the ground hands tied behind her back. A strange man stood over her.

"KENNA!" Josh felt a strange sensation. The same he had felt while fighting Emil.

A black glow surrounded him and words he didn't understand flowed from his mouth.

"Non audeo damnum domino meo pati Gandalfr core virtute!"

The man charged at Josh and leapt at him. Josh raised his gun and fired, a blast of pure black energy came out and flung the man backwards throwing him into a tree.

Joshs ander was only begining to be quenched. He charged towards the man picked him up and flung him to the ground.

He leapt at least ten feetin the air and landed by them man, he turned around and swung his foot hard into the mans temple, knocking him out instantly. He was about to finish him when he thought of Kenna.

He ran to her side and cut her ropes. He grabbed her and pulled her close.

"Dont you ever, Ever! Do something stupid like go off on your own again! EVER!" Josh felt tears in his eyes.

"You stupid girl!.... You stupid girl..." Josh just held her tight, he had almost lost her. He didn't want to release her again.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Kiroku gritted his teeth as he heard the commotion going on out in the distance. "Damn, what's the point of keeping watch if no one's going to stay in the cave?!" he muttered to himself as he watched over half of them run passed him (not very polite about it either, if he had to add something else). Raising his weapon, he walked into the cave and eyed Miharu. "It looks like we'll be needed to bail those two out. Glad I didn't have to disarm Emil..."

Running out of the cave, Kiroku was able to catch up with Adriel and for a moment thought she welcomed his company. However, she stopped after a second and motioned for him to go back. "It's not safe for the boy to be unguarded. If we could ask you to stay back and watch over his injuries it'd be much appreciated," Adriel requested, making the boy frown.

"But we need as much help there as possible, right?" Kiroku asked, not wanting to be left out of the fight, "What if you guys go down? I doubt Miharu and I could rescue the princess with the boy alone."

"The headmaster... predicted there might be some kind of trouble like this, so he entrusted me to give you this," the secretary said as she pulled out a small phial. It contained an eerie green liquid. "It's Dragonsbane, a rare poison that he brewed himself. I have another phial, but since you'll be back there you may want to hold on to it if that dragon gets the better of us. If the situation looks grim, use it as soon as possible. You'll have to find a way to break the outer scales and cut into the more sensitive flesh for it to work. But if it's one of the five High Dragons..."

"Stupid old man. If he knew this could have taken a turn for the worse he should have had you tell us about it up-front," the boy said as he snagged the potion and placed it in his pocket, "... Don't worry, I managed to rip a dragon open before; if it doesn't work this time I'll kick twice as hard." With that he dashed back to the cave and caught up with Miharu. Things would be difficult, the boy could feel it with every fiber of his being, but at least there was an ace in the hole if the situation looked dire.

Last edited:

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
"Don't you ever, Ever! Do something stupid like go off on your own again! EVER! You stupid girl!.... You stupid girl..." Josh just held Kenna tight.

Kenna was shocked, Josh was acting really weird lately, first him running of so fast on his own and now he was really worried about her. What was going on? Kenna didn't want to ask so she moved closer to Josh and rested her head on his chest. She had not realized how tired she actually was until then. Kenna was not sure how long them two had been standing there like that. Josh kept muttering to himself about how Kenna was a stupid girl, but she didn't care.

"Josh...I..." She tried to talk but she didn't know what to say.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
"Josh...I..."

Josh sighed.

"I know Kenna...I know." Josh winced.

"Its my fault... I'm your familiar I... I overreacted. I'm sorry."

*Why? Why do I feel this way?* Josh thought to himself.

*It must be my familiar powers, yes that must be...*

"Gasp" Josh stopped his train of thought and gasped.

"You're wrong." Adriel said.

"Despite how strong your ties are to your master are, they can't replicate love." Adriel turned her head.

*Could that really be it? Could I have... feelings for Kenna?...*

Josh released Kenna from his grip.

"Kenna I think I...."

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!

The loud noise had snapped Josh out of his trance like state.

The others were still battling the elder dragon.

Josh looked down at Kenna.

"We'll talk later..." Josh said.

He bent down as if going to kiss her then stopped and just briefly hugged her and ran.

He couldn't be sure how he felt yet. He ran back and rejoined the ensuing battle.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Josh hugged Kenna and then ran of in the direction of the fight. She ran after him as fast as she could, she was leaving to do this on his own again and if she was right, he was going to need her.

Kenna tried to keep up with Josh but she had to admit it was hard, he was just too fast for her. They ran past tree after tree until they got to the clearing where the fighting was going on. Josh ran to take his place beside Emil and Kenna ran to a clear spot where she could watch what going on and help Josh when she could.

Adriel was still shooting her arrows at the dragon. Emil as attacking as much as he could while Josh tried to get into the battle too. Did these two really have to get one better of each other now? Kenna sighed and glanced at the cave. She wanted to go check on the child in there but she needed to stay here for Josh. She turned her full attention to the fighting and focused herself.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Josh was beginning to fight when he noticed Kenna, he could feel her focus. It was pouring into him and boosting his power.

Josh felt his black glow form around him, Kennas focus was helping him control it slightly.

"Draco Elder mea calamus propulso vestras malas!" Josh felt the words he didn't understand flow through his lips once more.

He charged forward and sliced the elder drgon down with his sword, charged with magical energy.

The elder dragon was launched back its body fell limp.

"Is it over?" Josh asked.

"It can't be that easy..." Emil murmured.

Suddenly a large rumbling began beneath the groups feet.

"No! It's not over yet!" Adriel cried.

A black ruinic insignia appeared beneath the groups feet and the ground began to shake.

Josh suddenly noticed the elder dragon was gone.

"FOOLISH HUMANS! LET ME SHOW YOU THE TRE POWER OF THE ELDER DRAGONS!"

The ground began shake and crack beneath their feet as the area covered by the ruinic symbol lifted from the ground itself and began to raise into the sky.

"Whats happening?" Josh cried struggling to keep his balance.

"This is Scythes Elder power!" Adria cried.

The ground lifted up and storm clouds raged around as Scythe swooped overhead the floating battlefield, the area affected had been so large that the entire group had been caught in the aerial battle field.

The dragon swooped down low and charged towards Emil, throwing him from the platform, Josh dived and grabbed Emils hand before he fell.

"You're not getting out of this that eaily!" Josh cried struggling.

"You stupid Ponce!!!" Josh heaved Emil back onto the platform when Scythe sat in its center.

"POTESTAS MAJOR DRACONES ... FLUMEN PER ME!" the elder dragon cried.

The black ruinic energy began to flow into him, his eyes went pure azure blue and he groaned with pain as his teeth grew to new lengths his talons became pure black and glowed with dark energy. His scales grew until each one was a miniature spike on his body. His tail spikes became more like tail horns and he tilted his head back and roared.

"BEHOLD MORTALS MY TRUE FORM!!!"

"What just happened?" Josh asked panic on his face.

"When Elder dragons near death... they unleash their inner power... this is Scythes version, Dark skyfield: Ruinic motion." Adriel whispered drawing back her bow.

"That meant to impress us?" Emil murmured, his injuries were still fresh from his almost fall to death.

"Doesn't matter how big you get!" Emil stood up.

"I'll still chop you down!"

"IMPETUENT MORTAL!" Scythe charged at Emil about to strike him down when josh barely managed to defend using his Familiar energy.

A claw swing made at Josh from the side was blocked by Emil using a wall of ice and an arrow came from Adriel to strike Scythes head once more.

High or low everyone knew that it was either fight or die.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Emil was about to fall and Kenna gasped. Lucky Josh grabbed him and saved him. Kenna was going to have to do something more then make Josh's power stronger. She was going to have to fight too. She could not bare the thought of doing nothing while her Familiar was working to save to day.

She ran to stand next to Josh. He looked shocked and worried at the same time but then he had understanding in his eyes. She turned to give a quick glare at Emil, he looked proud. When she turned back around, the dragons claw was about to hit Josh, but Kenna quickly pushed him out of the way and avoided the blow herself.

Kenna landed back down on the floor and watched as Adriel sent arrow after arrow at the dragon. Josh and Emil were at each of her sides and was watching too. If only Kenna could use the magic she had used when she found out Tristan had died, she would of been able to do some damage to the dragon. She could always try though.

"Josh, Emil, will you help me? I need to get angry." Kenna asked them.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
"Ummmmm... are you sure? You get kinda... explosive when you're angry..." Emil murmured.

"Obviously she wouldn't say it if she wasn't... dumbass... lemme try." Josh stood still for a moment, thinking.

"Ok... You smell terrible, you look like a shriveled trout, your face on a good day reminds me of Godzilas on a bad one..."

"Thats not going to work you twit... and who in the world is Godzila?" Emil butted in.

"Well he's... look it doesn't matter you have abetter idea ponce head?"

"Indeed I do my brutish friend, this always annoyed her when we were smaller. Hey Kenna look at this." Emil said.

Kenna looked at Emil as he waved his fingers in an ark around her head, then, when she least expected it, flicked her square on the forehead, throwing her off balance and knocking her to the floor.

The two men stared at her for a minute... then burst out in uncontrollable laughter.

"Did, did you see when she?..." Josh giggled.

"Yeah and then she fell over and... aha... ahahahaha!" Emil chortled.

The two men couldn't stop laughing.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
(Since Lu didn't post this morning I will now)

Adria heard the roar and jumped a little in fear a little in shock grabbing onto Andre's arm. They both blushed a bit and Andre hugged her. "they must be in trouble" she said hugging back for a moment before stepping back. Looking around she saw Benjamin still asleep and didn't want to leave him alone. She took a deep breath and looked at Andre hoping he'd understand and gave her first real order. "Andre stay here. I don't want to leave him alone, don't follow me at all. You only can come to me if you hear me scream or sense that I'm hurt okay" she whispered looking into his eyes.

Andre looked a little sad but nodded and hugged her having no choice but to obey. "Stay safe" he whispered blushing a bit as he let her go.

"I will" Adria said before running out of the cave toward the sound of the roaring. Upon getting to the clearing Adria froze from the shadows of the forest watching as the others took on an Elder Dragon. The sight of the beast scared her and she stood unable to move but saw it was going to strike when they weren't paying attention. Please just this once work! she screamed in her head and muttered the words to a spell a ball of water forming in her hands. Adria aimed and closed her eyes casting the spell prepared to be flung back. But it never happened. Opening her eyes the girl watched in shock as for the second time ever she cast a working spell. It didn't do much to the beast but it did successfully turn it's attention towards her, and just then she realized how bad that was for her. Before she could even muster the words to attempt another spell or even try to move the Dragon had swooped down and grabbed her throwing her down near the others making her scream in pain and fear.

Back