• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I'm hoping for a Graces anime.My sister loves Graces, but she's too lazy to play through the game.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I have a feeling Xillia might be next just given how popular it is in Japan. :x It gets way more merch than pretty much any of the other games and I know that's partially because it's the newest but as someone who's tried to keep up with Tales merch for the last couple years, there's definitely been an explosion of it since Xillia first came out compared to the releases of other games since I started paying attention (around Symphonia and Abyss).

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Well I just got Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave. I have to say, even though it seems much too easy, I really enjoy the battle system. It's so strange to play with Tales characters in a game that doesn't use the Linear-Motion Battle System. I love that battle system, but this game is a nice break from it.

Cherrim

Years
What's the battle system like? I kind of ignored any news of that game because I couldn't afford to import it when it came out. Not that I can afford it now or anything but I wasn't aware it had a different battle system. :x

Cherrim

Years
Ah, that's interesting. The game was on sale on... some site, the other day. I very nearly went for it but I really don't have the cash to spare (or the time to play it xD).

I especially don't have time because I finally picked up my playthrough of Tales of Graces f again with my roommates. I really didn't like the game at first but omg now we're addicted. @_@; I don't know why I like the game so much because on a lot of individual levels, I thought it was terrible or mediocre for the most part (I don't really like any of the characters individually except for Richard, the music is really generic even for a Tales game, every single dungeon was horrible, and the plot felt really unfinished) but I love playing it and I'm masochistically going for complete. S-so many titles......

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I haven't really played Graces f but from what I've heard from other people it almost seems like a hit or miss Tales of Game. You either play the game and adore it or play the game and not find it as enjoyable as other games. Not sure what I would think of it; I would have to play the game first before deciding, of course.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Does anyone here play Radiant Mythology 3? I'm stuck on Elan Vital, the final dungeon. Actually I already beat it but I'm revisiting it to see what I missed. I noticed there's a blocked portal in "Spectrum (upside down L symbol) (triangle symbol) - Portal"
I've already unlocked the blue portals, this blocked portal looks like a common pink portal. Except it's blocked. I can't find where to unlock it and for once the internet isn't providing any answers.

Another RM3 question, this one's more simple. How do I get the Key of Lorelei? I see I already have 2 parts of Sword Pattern 6, so I just need one more for the Key of Lorelei. Problem is I can't remember where I got them. I figured the most likely place is Luke dropping it in the Arena since most Tales characters drop parts of their special weapons there. I beat Luke over 50 times now but got nothing. Do the parts come from green chests or does some other character drop it? Yet again the internet fails to provide any answers.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Long time since I've been here. I still have no beaten Tales of Vesperia for the PS3 xD Backlogging like crazy, I have played the demo for Tales of Hearts R, feels so amazing!! But sadly I wont be able to get this at launch date, gotta wait for a little while, since Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix come out at the same time frame of this game, I'm a die hard fan of KH sooo, yeah. I finally picked up the "Tales of Vesperia - The First Strike" for Xmas, I got it in the mail today. Also, I imported a 2 tales games I'm excited to play >3<.

@Lightning. Tales of Graces f is amazing. :) I loved the game when I first played it, Sophie is my favorite character, She..is amazing :D I need to finish my NG+ in the ENG version xD.

Anyone excited for Tales of Xillia thats coming out 2013? :3

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Does anyone here play Radiant Mythology 3? I'm stuck on Elan Vital, the final dungeon. Actually I already beat it but I'm revisiting it to see what I missed. I noticed there's a blocked portal in "Spectrum (upside down L symbol) (triangle symbol) - Portal"
I've already unlocked the blue portals, this blocked portal looks like a common pink portal. Except it's blocked. I can't find where to unlock it and for once the internet isn't providing any answers.

Another RM3 question, this one's more simple. How do I get the Key of Lorelei? I see I already have 2 parts of Sword Pattern 6, so I just need one more for the Key of Lorelei. Problem is I can't remember where I got them. I figured the most likely place is Luke dropping it in the Arena since most Tales characters drop parts of their special weapons there. I beat Luke over 50 times now but got nothing. Do the parts come from green chests or does some other character drop it? Yet again the internet fails to provide any answers.

Well this is embarrassing...I found the solution to my questions just minutes after I posted them.

The blocked portal leads to the final area of Elan Vital where the boss is fought. Don't know why they would block it after beating it but at least I know I'm not missing anything.

Turns out Asch drops parts to the Key of Lorelei. I'm disappointed though, it was a mistranslation. (Not sure who made the mistake, the RM3 makers or the English patch translators.) The Key of Lorelei isn't actually the Key of Lorelei; it's Asch's Oracle Knight sword. Still awesome, but I was hoping for the Key.

Back on topic: I can't wait for Xillia! I finally have money to pre-order it too! Anyone else expect special pre-order content to be released? It seems every game is doing that now, even Graces. I hope this means we'll be getting Xillia 2 soon. Unlike Destiny 2, they don't have an excuse to keep it from us.

ソラ

Years
Back on topic: I can't wait for Xillia! I finally have money to pre-order it too! Anyone else expect special pre-order content to be released? It seems every game is doing that now, even Graces. I hope this means we'll be getting Xillia 2 soon. Unlike Destiny 2, they don't have an excuse to keep it from us.

Baba did say depending how much it sells in the western market for Xillia 2 to be brought over. So, I gotta say we should promote it to people, who are in fact are RPG, Jrpg fans. That's what I've been doing and such around :3

Cherrim

Years
So, Tales of Vesperia PS3 is in the rumour mill again. In an official poll by Playstation Blog, they asked what kind of games people liked getting with Playstation Plus and one of the examples was Tales of Vesperia! Was this just a mistake (maybe they meant Tales of Graces, maybe an intern messed up and didn't realize Vesperia was never released here) or is this a hint that Vesperia might make its way to the PS3 in some form here after all? :O

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Mmm, it can be quite interesting for them to bring it over to the Playstation network, and I'd be all in favor for them to bring it on' over here, buuuut a part of me kind of says it might be still unlikely for them to bring the PS3 port, but, it'll be cool to see!

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
So, Tales of Vesperia PS3 is in the rumour mill again. In an official poll by Playstation Blog, they asked what kind of games people liked getting with Playstation Plus and one of the examples was Tales of Vesperia! Was this just a mistake (maybe they meant Tales of Graces, maybe an intern messed up and didn't realize Vesperia was never released here) or is this a hint that Vesperia might make its way to the PS3 in some form here after all? :O

Oh God YES! PLEASE be a hint! I really hope PS3 Vesperia isn't forgotton in the pile of awesome games that never made it outside of Japan.

Looks like Current Japanese RPGs is ahead in the poll. It has about 3000 votes already. :) Hopefully it's because people are noticing the Vesperia.

Last edited:

Cherrim

Years
It's not like there's a whole lot of work that would be needed. I mean, I guess they'd need to call the voice actors back in and get one for Patty but on the whole, it's not like they'd need to redo the whole game or anything. Releasing it on PSN would mean they wouldn't have to spend a whole lot on marketing or packaging/distribution. It's a good way for companies to release what the fans want without taking a huge financial risk. (I mean, if Tokyo Jungle was able to be localized and do well on PSN, I feel like plenty of games could follow suit. :P)

I'd love to play Vesperia PS3. It's on my list of things to buy when I actually have time to play so I'll get it eventually but on the whole I do prefer my Tales games in English just because I can fully appreciate all the jokes and interactions. :( My Japanese is good enough for me to understand plots and instructions and the like, and you can always guess at a character's intentions when skits and scenes are voiced but it's just not the same as understanding everything 100%, so I'd really like to be able to play in English. ;;

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I wish I knew enough Japanese to understand...well, anything! I always assumed I wasn't missing out on anything by not knowing the plot of Radiant Mythology 2 and 3 because I thought the story would be as bad as Radiant Mythology 1. Those games are basically just fanservice after all so I assumed gameplay was all that mattered. But I recently heard that their plots are actually more decent so now I'm curious!

Cherrim

Years
Mm, I haven't played RM2 in ages and don't remember much of it (never finished it either) but what I'd learnt in the plot so far wasn't very interesting. I don't think you missed out on much in that game, haha.

I only play the spinoffs for the character interactions. I don't expect much plot at all, to be honest.

ソラ

Years
So Tales of Xillia probably be releasing in Summer if I heard correctly. I wonder how the voices are. I've been playing ToX2 for a little bit, I love the gameplay so much of this. Ludger is epic to play as :3

Back