• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2018
What a fantastic looking game! I have a problem with my game freezing every time I choose a starter? Any fixes?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 27, 2022
There is a bug with the ability sniper on Kingdra. The critical hit procs but there is no message saying that it was a critical hit.
And the second one is more serious, the ability Magic Bounce reflects not only status moves but also some damage dealing moves.

Tapan681

RiverDream
Years
This was my first rom hack. I was so sad and disappointed to found myself blocked by 3-4 person in that cave !

I am so happy to see this again. Its a wonderful game. U shouldn't be ashamed of this Chaos.

Definitely going to play this again.

ShadowBolt Platinum

Don't lose your way!
Years
One thing that I'd like to see changed with the game, is making the TMs reusable like they are in Gen. V. After all this game does give that 5th generation feel mixed with some of 3rd and 4th.

Orbtus384

Orb384
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 29, 2020
Do Kadabras evolve to Alakazam by levelling up in this hack, or do I still need to trade?

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Sorry about that, it turns out the latest build I have on hardware was before the particle table was expanded so I got it mixed up. The animation will be altered by the next release.

Has this change ever made it to the final release? I can't speak for hardware, but flash cannon still seems to crash some emulators. (Of those I've tried, it crashes mgba and higan, while it works in VBA-M and mednafen.)

Also, nice touch with Celadon Hotel.

Edit:
I've since played through the rest of the game in mgba, turning off battle animations so that random Nerds or Scientists with a Magneton can't suddenly decide to crash the game. I also tried to document every little bug or error I found. They were all pretty minor, no crashes outside of flash cannon:
Spoiler:

Attachments

• Celadon Hotel.png
    Celadon Hotel.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
I would stick with no 16 for Flare Blitz and no. 4 for Overheat if I were u, and I gotta say, this hack is nothing short of awesome. Great story, great backgrounds

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Congratulations Chaos Rush (hacksrepairman too I guess) on winning Hack of the Year 2018!

Years
Congratulations on winning the hack of the year ^_^
I've never played this hack before but I've decided to give this a try.
My current team:
1. Charmeleon (Lv 21)
2. Pichu (20)

Last edited:
Years
congratulations Chaos Rush and hacksrepairman!! played this game a few months ago and for some reason, i can't remember my team anymore. i remember loving the revamped Kanto experience. well-deserved!

Years
I love this Kanto Remake with all my heart. There should be another Rom Hack that is JUST LIKE this one but with an afterstory that takes place in Johto. It's the number one hack that I wish existed. But either way, love Dark Violet, and of there's anything that I demand, it would be hearing the whole OST on YouTube.

Years
Just finished playing this amazing hack!!!!
It was fun and I had an epic strong team
I loved the story and the characters too.

Ratings - 10/10 ^_^
The team I used :-
1. Charizard
2. Raichu
3. Sandslash
4. Victreebell
5. Espeon
6. Lapras
Edit: Finally for the first time in my life I completed my pokedex!!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
does anybody still have a copy of the evolution document? the one in the original post doesnt work anymore

also, what pokemon do you use for each HM? thanks :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
I was just walking on route 9 , walked against a wall and it jumped down into it like it was a ledge , and now im stuck inside the rock , its right by a bug trainer in a corner between 2 stairs.
i.imgur . com/8NOvH35.jpg

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
Is there any documentation/github on moves learned, or a guide for the game's hidden items or things like that ? I couldn't find anything

Back