• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would happen if...

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
...pokemon didn't exist at all?

Let me reword -- what would you do, or how would your life have been if you haven't heard of pokemon at all, or "Pokemon" didn't exist, meaning that there will be no merchandise; no pokemon games, no pokemon anime, and so on. In fact, you may want to consider this forum, which is about Pokemon in general.

So, what would your life be like if the pokemon franchise didn't exist?

Like for me? Well, I'd probably turn out to be more of an Tales of Abyss fan anyway, and well, I'd probably have a harder time making friends that have things in common with me. =( Its sad, but semi-true.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Oh gee. Uh... I don't think I would have ever started to be on forums. I still might have became a Tales of Symphonia fan, seeing as my friend who had the game wasn't interested in Pokemon at all. But my life would be a whole lot different; makes me wonder if I would even get along with my siblings as much as I do if it weren't for Pokemon. I know my relationship with my cousin would change, since half the time when were hanging out or something we're talking about Pokemon.

I wouldn't have met any of you guys either, or several of my other friends. Yup, life would be a whooole lot different.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
Years
My life would probably be drastically different if pokemon never existed. Pokemon was what got me into videogames and was the first game I ever owned. I'd probably still like games but probably different ones and I wouldn't play them as much.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
Years
Honestly, if I never knew it existed...I'd be okay, I guess!? I am a huge video game fan and would have probably fallen in love with another major RPG series. I just focus all my time with Pokemon, haha, but I love lots of RPGs and platformers. I think I'd be pretty much the same.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oh goodness. This is a very tough question. If Pokemon wouldn't have existed. I wouldn't be a huge fan like I am now, even worse, I wouldn't have heard of PC! xD It'll be all Digimon if the franchise was bigger.

My storage at my old home wouldn't be so cramped with PokeMerch like right now. lol

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
If there was no Pokemon, I mean if I never heard of Pokemon, then I wouldn't be spending my time here in PC. That means I wouldn't even have a handheld console. Dx

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I'd have a lot more free time on my hands that's for sure. I would probably have joined a Megaman Forum and anime forums instead. I would definitely be watching a lot more anime with the free time I had.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
My first response is to say that I wouldn't have gotten into anime, so I'd have vastly different hobbies and friends. Though, I dunno.. I probably would've found out about anime later on, and still like it, I figure. Though, I would be a different person, simply because of how big a part of my life Pokemon has been for most of my life.

It's hard to say, because I can't picture what my life would've been like if I hadn't been introduced to Pokemon.

I would say that I might be into Digimon more, but honestly.. I didn't have a clue was Digimon, or DBZ, or Sailor Moon even was, until after Pokemon getting me interested in Japanese media.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Without Pokemon, there'd be no PokeCommunity, and without PokeCommunity, I'd be a very different person than I am today, personality-wise. Don't know if it'd be better or worse, but I'd definitely be a different person if it weren't for this place. With regards to other aspects, I probably wouldn't have developed an interest in Japanese language and culture - or it'd be delayed somewhat and have a different origin. Apart from that, most of my life would be the same, I think!

Years
I don't know really. I think I would be on a different forum, maybe one more geared to overall gaming, but I don't know how I would act. I have changed since I joined here and changed still throughout being a member.

I think I would still be on forums, but I think I would be a very different person.​

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Pokemon has become a big part of my life. Without it, I might have had better grades in college... nah, I would've found some other game franchise to follow. It was because of Pokemon that I briefly wrote fiction (which doesn't interest me at all outside of the Pokemon fandom, and I've even moved on from Pokemon fan fiction). I've also joined PC and a couple other Pokemon forums, and met many people on them. While a few of them turned out to be the scum of the earth, most of the people I've met have been nice and I've even become good friends with several of them. I'd probably have joined another forum about another subject.

I can't say for sure, but I probably would still have gotten into anime even if not for Pokemon. However, Pokemon is the source of my favorite character of all time, Leaf from FR/LG, so that says something about how Pokemon has impacted my life. Still, if not Leaf, probably some other anime girl would have become my top obsession... maybe one of the Pretty Cures, lol

I'd definitely be a different person today if not for Pokemon. It really has had quite an impact on my life since over a decade ago.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
THIS IS MADNESS

Um...I'd save a lot more of my time, online and offline.

I would never get to hear the epic and inspiring music that this series has produced, nor would I get to use it for school projects...

I wouldn't know anyone on PokeCommunity, and there are certain websites I would not know of as well... ;_;

I wouldn't have designed various creatures that I use in stories that I write from time to time...

I might go insane videogame-wise, because aside from the Super Smash Bros. series, Pokemon (in particular, Pokemon Sapphire and Emerald Versions) is pretty much where most of my videogaming hours are currently logged. 690+ HOURS in Emerald if that says something.

I would have decided on a different Christmas present for 2010 instead of Platinum and HeartGold...

It would be quite sometime before I would be exposed to a large group of anime girls that are as hot as the Pokemon gals...

Chunks of TV time would be shifted to other shows...

I would use Paint.NET a lot less, not to mention that I'd have freed-up disk space from the absence of sprites and such.

I wouldn't get to laugh at the hilarious YouTube video comments about Pokemon, some of which I think are the funniest I've come across there so far.

I wouldn't be able to experience such awesomeness exuded by a franchise...

The Internet would suck moar...

I might cry... :cer_cry:

I'd probably be more engaged in Digimon, Digital Monsters (Digimon Are The Champions)...

I'd probably be on Rangerboard or RuneScape right now.

Last edited:

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
Years
Oh goodness. This is a very tough question. If Pokemon wouldn't have existed. I wouldn't be a huge fan like I am now, even worse, I wouldn't have heard of PC! xD It'll be all Digimon if the franchise was bigger.

My storage at my old home wouldn't be so cramped with PokeMerch like right now. lol

That would have exactly happen if pokemon exist but digimon is more real life than pokemon. The francise would get bigger but I don't think 100% of people like digimon.

Back