• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon TCG (The video game)

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I believe there was a trick to that coin. By pressing the a or b buttons. I think it changed it. Could be superstition but worked for me but yes that thing was outta wack

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The coin actually had a trick.
Pressing a or b actually gave a higher chance of one of the two, I believe A made it lean toward Head, and b made it go towards Tail.

Years
Actually, that coin, it was all in when you pressed the button, not which button you pressed. Timing was everything.

Although, looking up on it now, it seems that the coin flips in a given match are pre-determined? That certainly was not my experience.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I absolutely loved this game! This is actually how I learned to play the TCG in the first place haha! I would love to see this game (or a similar game themed around the cards) come onto the DS or maybe even the Wii U (I heard a rumour about that a while ago, don't remember where or from whom, but yeah).

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
Years
Just inside a month, hoping I can still post here!!
This is my favourite Pokemon spin-off game, ever.
I have immensely clear memories of returning from holidays one year in the car, playing my old Gameboy Colour as the sun was setting outside, taking on (and defeating) the four card masters, and beating the game. It was an absolute gem; I'd love for it to be remade on DS/3DS/Wii U. I wouldn't even care if they didn't do anything more than a graphical update!!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Actually, that coin, it was all in when you pressed the button, not which button you pressed. Timing was everything.

Although, looking up on it now, it seems that the coin flips in a given match are pre-determined? That certainly was not my experience.

From what I remember, I'd say it was pre-determined as well. No matter how many times I redid a flip, I got the same result.

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
I hated that coin lol I used to be really good at the timing but if I took a break from the game and then tried to come back to it I would suck. Its amazing how that simple little thing could affect the game so much.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
IIRC, yes, the coin flips were pre-determined.

I still loved the game, even though I never had any interest in the cards themselves, because it was so replayable. While, in main series games, I usually found myself with no one left to fight but the Elite 4 over and over again, and with a team that could easily curb-stomp them, in this game I could battle everyone as often as I wanted, and never be sure to win because of the deck being shuffled and that coin. I was angry the sequel wasn't released worldwide, and I to this day want another sequel.

Back