• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2008] Pokémon: rijonAdventures

MudMast

Does not exist.
Years
Great update, great progress.

I'm still trying to patch it though, this UPS patcher for windows, doesn't seem to be patching...

I'll keep on trying to fix this.

(The UPS patcher says: "Failed! Input checksum is invalid.")

EDIT - I just cannot get it working.

Last edited:

Cid

Years
Amazing track of updates, and good qualities in the hack, good enough to be called the Hack of the Year! ^^

Best wishes and good luck with the hack!

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Err...

Yeah, it's great and all, however I have a quick question. If we're patching the Beta to a Fire Red ROM using UPS, then it's no longer supported by Visual Boy Advance, correct? I read this on the UPS Update awhile back. I've got everything patched and ready, but what exactly do I use to play it now that it's using UPS? <<;

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2009
When i patched this up with the file i used for rijonadventure before, it didnt work.
so i used another rom
but now my save files and my snapshots wont work
do you know how to fix this?

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
Err...

Yeah, it's great and all, however I have a quick question. If we're patching the Beta to a Fire Red ROM using UPS, then it's no longer supported by Visual Boy Advance, correct? I read this on the UPS Update awhile back. I've got everything patched and ready, but what exactly do I use to play it now that it's using UPS? <<;
you can actually use VBA. well it works for me.

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Hmm? x.x I've patched the ROM and the Beta using the UPS instructions, the Patching was a success so my UPS told me XD, so I have the patched file and all, and that's all I need to play it? @-@ It asks me which program I'd like to open it with. Like, what Emulator does it need, if it needs one at all?

Sorry for the noobish question D:

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
I saved just outside of Merson Cave on the Gravel Town side and I like what I've seen so far. By the way, I know what to do if it gives you that error message that "The 1M Circuit Board was not detected". Just go to "Emulator" in the options menu, go to Save Type and choose "Flash 128K". Hope That helps.

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Heh, yeah, noob question =-=; Thanks for clarification on that, it was a fault on my part, mostly the ROM xP

But yep, got it to work ;D Can't wait to see how it turns out~!

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
awesome but can some1 plz tell me where the 8th gym is and where to get the goggles and rocksmash and strength? plz plz plz!!!

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
Years
First glitch/odd thing: when you defeat the fossil guy in merson cave and you choose the helix fossil, he walks on top of the dome fossil instead of being in front of it, I don't know if the same thing happens if you choose the dome fossil.

MudMast

Does not exist.
Years
Did you read the enclosed file for instructions? If you get that error, your FireRed ROM is not clean - often the rip people have is bad. Downloading another FireRed ROM is a good idea - the Squirrels ROM release of FireRed is confirmed to be compatible with rijonAdventures. (Probably because it's the same.)

But, it was the Squirrels version. And that was a copy of the file (FireRed) which I've always used and worked with elsewhere.

I'll obtain another Squirrels ROM, then I'll try again.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2014
So far So good

Well so sar so good, will you be including diamond and pearl tilesets anyway great hack keep up the good work :)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Good, very good, Hiroshi.
The only thing was that after Genesis and my own hack, the mapping sorta disappointed me. :\ Anyway, I found a tile error.
pokemonrijonadventurescll3.png

The mountain joining corner tile thing above the player is used wrongly. There's another tile you could'a used.

Other than that, great work. :P

Back