• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Swanna appeared while I was doing some Ultra Wormhole hunting, so I guess it will be my purple pokemon.

I ran into a new Shiny Swellow, but I accidentally killed it because I clicked another move instead of false swipe. Not to big of a deal since normal pokemon are fairly common in the Ultra Wormhole and I already had one. I've run into multiple Legendary Wormholes at 4000 to 4500 light years, but I didn't feel like SRing right now. Although my eyes are turning to Latias and Latios later on. But I will have to defeat White 2 or OR to catch to hunt Latias.

Spoiler:

Edit: About 30 minutes after this most Shiny Marcargo as also joined me.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
My latest Shiny in Ultra Sun:

Esme the Hasty Shiny Cresselia - Found after around 1000 soft resets. The Purple back and green rings are very noticeable. It is a very elegant Shiny.

Not wanting to be caught it broke out of two critical captures, several ultra balls all under Roto Catch. Worried about Struggle and noting it could heal itself I threw my Master Ball at it. The Purple ball matches the Shiny.

My Modest Synchronise Gardevoir didn't work giving Cresselia a Hasty nature which isn't great competitively but will still be fine for the Battle Tree. I am very pleased to have obtained such a beautiful Shiny.

I also found a Shiny Zubat whilst ev training.

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
4500 Snivy
4485 Challenger's Cave encounters
1152 Johto starters

I shiny hunted on TV!! I was waiting at the airport for my plane, and so I was doing a bit of hunting in Challenger's Cave in Black - I really love to hunt in GenV when on the go, since it counts encounters for you and you don't need to worry about having a calculator, haha! So I was continuing my Ghost Quest with that 1/81,920 ("lol") Sableye hunt that's going to take decades, when all of a sudden some important person walked by and there were TV cameras!!! A reporter was interviewing this person while they were walking through the airport (I'm guessing the important person just got off a plane that landed at the same runway from which mine was going to take off later on?), and I was definitely in some frames when they doing the interview - the television cameras went right by my seat!! So now I think I've become the first person to shiny hunt on TV - you might've seen me if you watch Danish news! :pink_laugh:

Speaking of that Sableye hunt, it's become a lot more fun now that icycatelf's convinced me that Lickitung is really cool. I kind of want a shiny one now just to give it Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Shadow Ball, "lol!" {XD} Riolu, Mawile, and Boldore are also among the non-Sableye Pokémon found here, so this is actually a hunt that I don't mind going like a bazillion phases on, since a heap of the Axiom 22 targets are really dope, too! :pink_smile:

Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Congrats on the Swanna and Magcargo!! Do you have a particular color that you're going to aim for next?

I was going for Cyan next, but I am currently doing a double hunt for the Eon Duo, mainly Latias atm, but she is going to be the hardest to get with a normal shiny chance.

In Omega Ruby, I have gotten to Eon Ticket through Streetpass/Spotpass, whatever its called, when I restarted Omega Ruby, so I had to get to the 5th Gym and trasfereed pokemon I had on my last OR game to the new one and I am using those to use the 'Run Method' for Latias on Southern Islands, since you only have to Run from battle instead of SRing.

In Ultra Sun, I have my character camped at a Latios which I will be SRing for after I get a Latias. I would have SRed for Latios as well in ORAS, but the story one has a battle it is locked behind and some dialogue, so I chose not to to save time.

The good thing is, Latias is orange and Latios is close enough to Cyan.

I also managed to to get a Shiny Male Hippowdon and a Second Shiny Floatzel while I was looking for a Latios wormhole in US.

I am also planning to get virtual console Pokemon Crystal in hopes of getting a Shiny Celebi from the event you can do after the Elite 4, since it is a battle and it isn't shiny locked. So you should be able to SR it. I am not sure how the Gen 2 games work with shiny legendaries, so I probably need to look into it a bit more before I actually try.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
After I got the Litleo on 16th I was in a drought until the 29th when I found a Cubchoo horde hunting for Smoochum in 1,052 hordes.

Then on the 1st a shiny Snubbull appeared in 2,475 encounters. Both were my second of each so will evolve them and any future ones are duplicates.

On the 2nd I found a shiny Porygon in 661 Dexnav encounters. I evolved it to Porygon2. And on the 3rd my first shiny Vanillite appeared at 672 hordes. When I horde hunted for Nidoran F I got the shiny Starly after 18 other shinies so hopefully this Smoochum doesn't take as long. I'm still breeding for Nidoran and fossil resetting for Omanyte.

Last edited:

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Yesterday morning I started actively hunting a full-odds old school Shiny for the first time. It ended surprisingly swiftly, after only about 6 hours:
Avo7O1i.jpg

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I have found a few Shinys in my Gen 2 VC games

Crystal

Marshal the Shiny Tyrogue - Hatched after 4 odd egg resets. I was going for any Shiny and was very pleased to hatch a Shiny I did not have. He is now a Shiny Hitmonlee which in Gen 2 is green and purple.

Silver

Ibuki the Shiny Horsea - Hatched after only 21 eggs. The parents were the Lake of Rage Shiny Gyardos and a Horsea I caught in yellow. Shiny Horsea has a pink belly and fin in Gen 2 so it is an instantly recognisable Shiny. Shiny Seadra is even better with a dark blue and pink markings.

I found the Dragon Scale and traded it to my Crystal game where she evolved into Kingdra which is a royal purple. Kingdra is my favourite Gen 2 Pokemon so I am very pleased to obtain one in its debut generation. :)

G-Money

Years
5000 Snivy
7626 Challenger's Cave encounters

The hunts continue! It feels good to be making progress towards my big Quests again - if these hunts go well, I'll have another starter and another Ghost! :happy:

I've now made 366 posts (this one will be 367!), so now we can make a G-Money calendar! For every day of the year, you can read a G-Money post! These things'll be flyin' off the shelves, so order yours today! :laugh-squinted: Heck, some days might even be posts with shinies!! :pink_laugh:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Managed to get a shiny Chikorita through MM when I wasn't going for it, its now a competitive Meganium I love the change to the autumnal colours and I feel like it was a good way of waving out the winter months

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
On the 6th I continued to horde hunt for Smoochum.
I got Vanillite #2 in 519 hordes and evolved to Vanillish. I also got Cubchoo #3 in 16 hordes. On the 7th I got Cubchoo #4 in 204 hordes.

On the 9th I got Vanillite #3 in 66 hordes and evolved to Vanilluxe. Then Vanillite #4 in 68 hordes.

Some updates of my current ongoing hunts
Omanyte fossil resets: 3570 (I started this hunt in Nov)
Sentret RE's: 2792
Nidoran Masuda: 1755 (I started this hunt in Sept)

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I used the Shiny Gen 1 Ditto trick using the Shiny Gyardos so I can breed for some Shinys. Using said Shiny Ditto and a regular female Venomoth in Crystal I got:

Shiny Female Venomoth (Natalie) - Came after 62 eggs. I really like the blue eyes on this Shiny. It is very noticeable and looks great in Gen 2. She will be evolved into Venomoth and eventually sent to Ultra Sun. All VC shinys gets their Hidden Ability so this Pokemon will eventually have the Wonder Skin ability. Venomoth is my favourite Bug Pokemon so I am very pleased to finally get a Shiny one.

Attachments

• 1518734076820168180513.jpg
    1518734076820168180513.jpg
    972.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I continued horde hunting for Smoochum and found my 5th shiny Cubchoo. It was almost my second fail as well as I got down to the final 2 Pokemon and accidentally clicked a blank spot. It was a 50/50 chance it wouldn't knock out the shiny and luck was on my side.
It was 187 hordes.

I've been keeping track of the Smoochum hordes and so far I have 8 shinies with 153 Smoochum hordes seen. This ends a long drought as well since my last shiny was on the 9th.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Wooooooooooooooo

Today I did 60 more Omanyte fossil resets and the shiny appeared at 3,734 fossils.

This is my 10 full odds hunt shiny and my 2nd fossil reset shiny in Pokemon Y. Only about 3,000 more fossils then Aerodactyl. I plan to fossil reset for Kabuto next but probably not for while, then will probably masuda for the evolutions in the future.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
After not posting anything for a while now. I have pretty much given up on ever getting a shiny Teddiursa through FS encounters and switched to hatching for shiny Caterpie which I managed to get after about 120 eggs. I was half asleep when it hatched and thought I was hallucinating. After that I got Pokémon Moon (FINALLY) and mid play through I found a shiny Flechinder. I was scared to death when I threw my ultra ball at it. After I completed the game I hunted for Whiscash and forgot to keep track of the SOS encounters (which I'm pretty sure were in the triple digit range) but still managed to catch it after it used rest a billion times. Then I moved on to Magby who I caught after 20 SOS encounters (I count by the number of successful calls including the shiny's call). It's freaking adorable! Next on the list is going to be a grass type. No idea which though.

[P.S.] Sorry about the lack of photo proof. I'll try to upload it later.

G-Money

Years
5405 Snivy
8824 Challenger's Cave encounters

I'm more than 10% of the way to a shiny Sableye!! Or, at least I would be, if I hadn't verified that the first 8824 encounters were non-shiny-Sableye entities...probability is weird, "lol!" Based on the knowledge that I've already seen 8824 Pokémon in Challenger's Cave, I'm expected to get my shiny Sableye in...

*counts on fingers*

...81,920 more encounters!! :laugh-squinted: Talk about shifting goalposts, "lol!"

*watches team of football players run onto field, lift the goalpost, and carry it away*

:pink_laugh:

Spoiler:

And in the process of writing this post, I've managed a few more Challenger's Cave encounters!! This brings my shiny Sableye ever closer, glistening stars emanating from the elusive Ghost with each step it treads away from its distant future home towards the present, which is its future present home!!! (You see, its future home is, at the present, its present future home, but not its present home, since its present home is its future home, at least until the future, when its future home will become its present home and the present will become its present home, which is, for now, its future home...right? :pink_confused:)

I've managed to get my expected encounters until Sableye shines (EEUSS) down from the daunting 81,920 all the way down to...

*drumroll*

...81,920!! :cheeky:

"lol" carry on, hunters!! May we continue to revel in the days ahead in celebration of many shinies!

Years
I also managed to get a shiny Munna not long after my Chikorita which now is a competitive Musharna. I'm not sure if I like the fast change in the shiny colouration from Munna being yellow to Musharna being a strange shade of a pinkish purple, but it is still a shiny none the less.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I haven't posted in awhile because I'm currently in my worst drought ever.

Just to give an idea I passed my longest ever horde hunt shiny in Frost Cavern recently. My record was 2,776. I'm currently at 2,843 with 303 Smoochum hordes seen.

Then Nidoran is up to 2,210 eggs hatched. Surpassing my longest masuda method at 887.

Ugh

Oh and Sentret is up to 5,524. It surpassed my longest re hunt at 4,661.

I have not started fossil resetting for Kabuto as I really want to finish at least one of these hunts before.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Mar 20, 2018
Hi ^.^ I'm not active here, although I want to be, but I wanted to start posting my shinies just for fun I guess. Not meaning to brag but I have a lot in ORAS, Y, and Moon (RIP Lost Save File), although with random shinies in other games. I have 81 overall although I may have mis-counted. Anyways last night I really wanted to continue some of my hunts live. Sadly I couldn't get a good setup to work and of course that's when I get my first ever full odds SR Hunt: Shiny Totodile in SS! I'm really happy about it and he's so cute. I'm planning on maybe doing a full shiny playthrough of the game with him as my starter, but we'll see. I don't know who I want me next team member to be. I'm either going to hunt on whatever the route after Cherrygrove City is for either Weedle/Kakuna, Caterpie/Metapod, Hoothoot (I think), Spinarak, and Rattata (If he shows up there at night I can't remember >.<) Or for Mareep on the oute after Violet City. Anyways sorry this was so long! Now hunting for Charmander in Firered and horde hunting for Magnemite/Voltorb in ORAS. Thanks!

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
My latest Shiny on my Crystal game is:

Sam the Shiny Totodile Hatched after about 90 eggs using the Shiny Ditto for one of the parents. Totodile is a very nice Shiny and just about my favourite Johto Starter. I plan to send him to my Ultra Sun as a Totodile so he can be trained there. As he is a virtual console Shiny he has the Hidden Ability Sheer Force.

I plan to hatch a Shiny Chikorita on Crystal next as it is another starter I like.

Ultra Sun - Natalie

Charles the Male Frillish - Caught in an SOS chain of around 50. He has a Mild Nature and the Water Absorb Ability and is now evolved into Jellicent. Male Jellicent has a very nice Shiny which is a bright green. I prefer Jellicent's female form so will be hunting again for Frillish hoping I get a female one.

Last edited:
Back