• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
I do have one more thing!

Before I proceed any further I want you to answer me a certain question!

Spoiler:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Small update !

I took Max's advice in notice and corrected things that required fixing.

No longer in Beta 3 you'll have to find a Key to the gym in Little Stone, the things that Professor Oak tells you have been changed a little bit, Bulbasaur gender bug is now fixed (will actually be always female because I didn't feel like changing the asm routine of receiving a specific pokemon), and intro school-related things will also be changed but I haven't gotten into editing them yet.

Next, I'm going to finish Brigthbulb City (last city in Beta 3), a couple of other special areas, insert some battle sprites (not anything that special really but has to be done) and test that everything works like I intended to. I'm planning to release Beta 3 this summer but not going to give any release dates as I can't really tell how long it will take but not long though :)

I do have one more thing!

Before I proceed any further I want you to answer me a certain question!

Spoiler:
Answered as Visitor Message.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2012
Hi all pokemaniacs,

first what i want to say is that i really like your hacks, I think that I can call you pro :) You are great and all this new staff, this is like I play new pokemon not silver :D

Now i want ask you or anyone other here because I am mobile pokemon player, is any chance to change this ibs file to gbc so i can play your hacks on mobile? And how to do that?

Thanks

miksy91

Years
Hi all pokemaniacs,

first what i want to say is that i really like your hacks, I think that I can call you pro :) You are great and all this new staff, this is like I play new pokemon not silver :D

Now i want ask you or anyone other here because I am mobile pokemon player, is any chance to change this ibs file to gbc so i can play your hacks on mobile? And how to do that?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=2228252#post2228252

Beta 3 announcement

I'm not far from releasing a new beta now. I'm not going to give a certain release date yet but I'm quite sure the new version will be released 15/16th June. Eventually, I'll be posting more updates about it and take off Beta 2 links from the first post but they may still stay there for the time being.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
So, I finally finished the beta!

Here is my final feedback!

Spoiler:

That's all for now, if I have forgotten anything that's what the edit button is for!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=2228252#post2228252

Beta 3 announcement

I'm not far from releasing a new beta now. I'm not going to give a certain release date yet but I'm quite sure the new version will be released 15/16th June.

Oh snap!

Sadness!

I won't be able to play the new beta until July since my exams come in a week!(Actually, this is a lie! I will probably still play but the fact is that my free time is restricted)

...But it turned out to not help me vs the Gym at all, which seems overpowered to say the least.

Although this is late, here's my strategy and I think you'll agree!

Actually, there is an easy way to defeat the first gym, Miksy91 has given us the weapons to do it!

Spoiler:

And that's how you can easily beat the first gym!

miksy91

Years
This is a great Silver ROM hack. Better than the original!

Now on to quotes (in spoiler).

Spoiler:

One thing you didn't tell about (so I thought you didn't find it either).

Spoiler:

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
Beta 3 update !

I'm done !!!
Beta 3 is 100% finished and only thing yet to be done would be testing that everything works the way it should.
It will definitely be downloadable by 15th June but maybe (and I don't see why not) even already this weekend !

I've already beta-tested it once, and then I corrected most minor bugs I noticed and there ought not to be many left to fix. Anyway, I should be able to confirm by Friday whether you can download it this weekend or not ;)

Spoiler:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
If we can download the third beta this weekend, then I'll happily accept it as my birthday present from you :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
If we can download the third beta this weekend, then I'll happily accept it as my birthday present from you :)

That makes two of us!

My birthday is tomorrow!(ok, it isn't on the weekend but it's still close)

And since the beta is coming out this weekend, I think I will have some time to play it before I get bombarded by my exams!XD

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
That makes two of us!

My birthday is tomorrow!(ok, it isn't on the weekend but it's still close)

And since the beta is coming out this weekend, I think I will have some time to play it before I get bombarded by my exams!XD
Well, happy birthday to you, then! And good luck with your exams!

miksy91

Years
IT IS HERE !

That's right! Although I was planning for the release to be up this weekend, it's here already. The hack has been tested through and it would be stupid to say that it's completely bug-free (because it's very likely not, even most games have bugs in their programming) but at least I didn't find any bugs while testing it out and can say for sure that the Beta 3.0 is a fully playable release.

So I don't think there is a need for updates like what you may have seen with Beta 2.

For Beta 2 users though, I'd advise deleting your old save file and starting over from the beginning but you'll find documentation about what to do (inside the Dark Future Beta 3.0.zip file).

Hokorashiimesuinu

sinnoh master
Years
IT IS HERE !

That's right! Although I was planning for the release to be up this weekend, it's here already. The hack has been tested through and it would be stupid to say that it's completely bug-free (because it's very likely not, even most games have bugs in their programming) but at least I didn't find any bugs while testing it out and can say for sure that the Beta 3.0 is a fully playable release.

So I don't think there is a need for updates like what you may have seen with Beta 2.

For Beta 2 users though, I'd advise deleting your old save file and starting over from the beginning but you'll find documentation about what to do (inside the Dark Future Beta 3.0.zip file).

How far does this beta go?

miksy91

Years
How far does this beta go?
The best way to describe it would be as is written beneath the downloadlink, "Up to Brightbulb City".

It would be wrong to state it like with Beta 2, "Length: 4 gyms", because even though there are six leaders to be battled, they serve no purpose to the hack itself. What's more, only three of them have to be faced anyhow and the others are just there to be trained with. Besides, you can compete in the Grand Tower (a little bit similar to Indigo Plateau and Battle Tower) as well, collect some pages to the book in Area 104 and do stuff I don't want to talk about because that way, I'd eventually spoil everything. Just see for yourself how it is! ;)

If you're wondering about how much of the hack is done though, I'd say the progress is at somewhere between 30-60% (this is definitely going to be one of the longest hacks out there).

Thanks for this early birthday present! :D
You're welcome! Make sure you leave feedback later on how this birthday present was :)

Last edited:
Years
How far in Brightbulb City? Like arriving there or doing every event there that can be done? Also do I use a Pokemon Silver U ROM to patch Beta 3 to? Oh and on the first post the map with castle says Viridian City, even though I don't think Viridian City will actually appear ingame. Maybe mentioned or lampshaded by an NPC... Fufufu...

By the way is Suden another planet close to the Pokemon World or is Suden close to another familiar region (Kanto, Unova, Almia, etc.) or is Suden your name for the Pokemon world?

miksy91

Years
How far in Brightbulb City? Like arriving there or doing every event there that can be done? Also do I use a Pokemon Silver U ROM to patch Beta 3 to? Oh and on the first post the map with castle says Viridian City, even though I don't think Viridian City will actually appear ingame. Maybe mentioned or lampshaded by an NPC... Fufufu...

By the way is Suden another planet close to the Pokemon World or is Suden close to another familiar region (Kanto, Unova, Almia, etc.) or is Suden your name for the Pokemon world?
Brightbulb City can be "completed" (in other words, you can go through every single event in there). Everything is well-explained in the downloadable zip-file (although you said you're not going to download it yet) but just pointing this out for others to know too. But yes, you should patch it to a clean Pokemon Silver (U) rom.

That "Viridian City" you see there won't exist in the game and that part of Suden (East) can't be entered yet. It's just there for showing what East-Suden looks, that's all.

There is one event in the game where Suden is mentioned as a planet in the game although I might change it later so it's just said as "world" or something else. Anyway, Suden is supposed to be a world inhabited by Pokemon and in this hack, no other region is known / ever even existed.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
Full feedback will be up in a few days maybe tomorrow if I decide to rush it but for now some bug reports and some bloopers!

After beating the final gym(final for this beta I mean) I got around doing a few random things and then I decided to visit my hometown!

2qkuffd.png

The Bulbasaur npc is back again!

I guess this has to do with the fact I'm still using my beta 2.2 save file, nothing too serious since Theresa still remembers that she already gave me a Bulbasaur, it's just weird that's all!

And now, for a game breaking one!

5l1kl5.png

OH MY GOD, WHAT IS GOING ON????????????

2s85r0z.png

Apparently, entering my house triggered one of the scripts again, with disturbing results!

After the script ends, the game doesn't freeze but it's impossible to move unless you use a cheat code!(I have saved anyway just before I entered my house)

Using the walk through walls gameshark code will help you escape and after that you can enter and leave the house without any problem!

263tw1y.png

The tree that the Charmander was guarding gives no berries any more!

Don't know if this is a bug or intentional!

23vm5om.png

This screenshot is from The Capital!

The mobs at the side are different and lower lvl than those at the sea!

Again, I don't know if this is intentional or not!

And now for some bloopers!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back