• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Amethyst

What name is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
This DrFudgey guy sounds stupid, but at least he can make some cool maps. I knew what the starters were but then I forgot.

in the third screen, there's a tile error, there's grass under the corner of the mountain.

It isn't a tile error, but how the block was made.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
She wants to see her son off, of course :)
Btw if you're from England why do you say "Mom" instead of "Mum"? xD
Update.
DarkGreyV2_01-11.png
DarkGreyV2_03-5.png
DarkGreyV2_04-5.png

Chroma Town, remapped by some n00b named Dr Fudgey.
Btw no guesses as to what the starters are yet? xD

I am from England. But my family is american, so I was brought up with writing 'mom' instead of 'mum'.
And ... How do you know my whereabouts? o.O

These screens keep looking better and better ;D

marcc5m

what
Years
It looks really nice, I like the patrat Ow. ;)

When is some more event screens coming?

Soon, I want to finish all the needed overworlds for the next event (and some that I should've done ages ago; Player side, Rival, Mother).

Nice updates, this hack is shaping up quite nicely. As for the starters, was there a hint given? Cause if not there are about 600 pokemon to guess from.

Thanks.
I'll make it easier by saying...the starters are the same starters from an official game ;)

in the third screen, there's a tile error, there's grass under the corner of the mountain.

Thanks, I meant to fix the blocks before. I fixed/upgraded the mountains now though.

Nice nice, I really like the tiles, it fits! My eyes didn't need to get used to it like your Last screenshots, the graphics match Iron however better, this seems real great, the mapping is real impressive, I'm trying to find tile errors, however, there's no tile errors, there is only one thing that bothers me, it's the corner of the trees, it seems a bit rushed, try shading a bit, but all in all, a lot more impressive than what I seen

Thanks.
That's just the style of the trees xD

This DrFudgey guy sounds stupid, but at least he can make some cool maps. I knew what the starters were but then I forgot.

It isn't a tile error, but how the block was made.

He's such an idiot, he changed the movement permissions to say dirty words.

Are the starters actual starters? or just random Pokemon you've picked?

Actual starters ;)

I am from England. But my family is american, so I was brought up with writing 'mom' instead of 'mum'.
And ... How do you know my whereabouts? o.O

These screens keep looking better and better ;D

/Psychic.
Thanks.

FUUUU!! :D
That's not fair! =D

Anyways great updates (though we don't see important parts again xD)

:P
Thanks.

the kanto starters?
just cuz you used a bulbasaur in one of the screens.

That's possible.

Update.
...Kinda. Just a few things I changed, such as the mountains and one of the font colours. I also slightly remapped the first route (had to, different tree style from before lol).
DarkGreyV2_04-6.png
DarkGreyV2_05-4.png
DarkGreyV2_06-4.png

Also...I am not going to reveal the starters. At all. You'll have to wait for the first beta to find out what they are ;)
However,like I said, they are indeed actual starters from an official game.

Last edited:
Years
I'm going to guess Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, or, Tepig, Oshawott, Snivy.

I like the updates very much! It doesn't look like your hacking Ruby rom at all. :P
Good luck! :D

marcc5m

what
Years
I'm going to guess Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, or, Tepig, Oshawott, Snivy.

I like the updates very much! It doesn't look like your hacking Ruby rom at all. :P
Good luck! :D

Could be...could be ;)
Thanks.

Update.
Small update, but hey it's better than nothing.
DarkGreyV2_09.png
DarkGreyV2_08-3.png
DarkGreyV2_10.png

Atm I'm really just making overworlds, inserting sprites, and editing palettes. So here's the new look for the Pokedex :)
The green and pink will be edited soon. They're on a different palette, which is why I haven't done so yet.

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
Seriously wtf, how did you get the mugshots like that.. and the Pokedex matched with the whole theme you have there, all and all, no crits? Wow.. You've gotten to a point when I can't say anything that bothers me, the screens all look very well thought of, if this is an actual Pokemon game, I'd believe that, good golly, nice! I'm really enjoying this a lot better than any others

Years
I'll be looking forward to try this out when the first beta is released. I love the tiles, good luck with this.

Curious though, how many gyms might be in the 1st beta when you get to it?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2019
not bad the idea is great lets see how you deliver if you need any help im not a pro but i have done some scripts and stuff

marcc5m

what
Years
Seriously wtf, how did you get the mugshots like that.. and the Pokedex matched with the whole theme you have there, all and all, no crits? Wow.. You've gotten to a point when I can't say anything that bothers me, the screens all look very well thought of, if this is an actual Pokemon game, I'd believe that, good golly, nice! I'm really enjoying this a lot better than any others

With coolness ;)

Wow Wee! That looks amazing! The palettes match very well together.
I can't wait to see the Ow's! :D
Good luck! :)

I'll be looking forward to try this out when the first beta is released. I love the tiles, good luck with this.

Curious though, how many gyms might be in the 1st beta when you get to it?

Most likely two. Then I'll release another with four, another with eight and then the final release.

not bad the idea is great lets see how you deliver if you need any help im not a pro but i have done some scripts and stuff

Update
Uhh...kinda. I've been inserting overworlds, finished spriting the rest of the heroes overworlds (other than running and all that fancy stuff), and finished a map that I don't really like tbh.
DarkGreyV2_01-15.png
DarkGreyV2_02-9.png
DarkGreyV2_03-7.png

I know about the glitchy youngster and tile error already :P

marcc5m

what
Years
Adding a poll. Would you like to see some--but not many--fakemon in this hack? These fakemon would be things like legendaries and such, and will not be used by Trainers. They will be obtained through events and puzzles and stuff. They will also not be in the regional dex. I basically want to make it so that it's like undiscovered Pokemon, just to add a little bit of mystery. Oh, and the fakemon will be good looking fakemon with good designs, not fakemon like Quartz *eyes point towards Babos*.

EDIT: Just so you know, if there are more votes against, then these mini-games and side-quests and stuff will not exist. At all. So basically you're losing out on a bunch of stuff if you choose no.

Last edited:

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
Adding a poll. Would you like to see some--but not many--fakemon in this hack? These fakemon would be things like legendaries and such, and will not be used by Trainers. They will be obtained through events and puzzles and stuff. They will also not be in the regional dex. I basically want to make it so that it's like undiscovered Pokemon, just to add a little bit of mystery. Oh, and the fakemon will be good looking fakemon with good designs, not fakemon like Quartz *eyes point towards Babos*.

Well, if they look good, I'm all for it! I'd just like to say I really like the new tiles you brought to the game and the Mewtwo scene is just pure awesome. I will definitely be playing this when a beta is out.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Any hints on these fakemon ideas before the poll finishes, so we can tell if some are good ideas or not, or is this in general.

Either way, as long as they fit in, that'll be great. The tiles look superb by the way, and so I'm sure that the fakemon will look the part if they are added.

SharpAceX

Pokémon: SacredFire creator
Years
I love the tiles in this hack. They really compliment each others.

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
Funny how most of the time when I update it's the last post on the page :\

Well, if they look good, I'm all for it! I'd just like to say I really like the new tiles you brought to the game and the Mewtwo scene is just pure awesome. I will definitely be playing this when a beta is out.

Thanks.

Any hints on these fakemon ideas before the poll finishes, so we can tell if some are good ideas or not, or is this in general.

Either way, as long as they fit in, that'll be great. The tiles look superb by the way, and so I'm sure that the fakemon will look the part if they are added.

Nope, I want it to be a surprise :P
Thanks.

I love the tiles in this hack. They really compliment each others.

Thanks.

Update.
Haven't done much in terms of scripting lately, so I'll just leave this here:
DarkGrey_01-7.png

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
The tree doesn't match the style of the other tiles or the OW's, change the colorscheme a bit, and make some overlap the bridge, that's all the crit, so good luck, everything looks good so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back