• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1 Pokemon 1 Gym Challenge

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
UPDATE!

Player = Percy
Rival = Luke
(references to the lightning theif book series)

Party Pokémon:

BA (Mareep) Lv. 10
Spr_2s_179.png

Tackle
Growl
Thundershock

Egg
GSCEgg.png

HMSLAVE (Pidgey) Lv. 12
Spr_2s_016.png

Tackle
Sand Attack
Gust

HMSLAVE-X (Bellsprout), my second HM slave Lv. 6
Spr_2s_069.png

Vine Whip
Growth
Flash

In Box:

GATR (Totodile) Lv. 14
Spr_2s_158.png

Scratch
Leer
Rage
Water Gun

Currently In: Route 32

Summary:

-Cleared Sprout Tower
-Clipped Falkner's wings with GATR
-Got Mystery Egg
-Caught Mareep (The first wild Pokémon, Mareep will go against Bugsy soon) and Bellsprout (Second HM slave)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
I'll start a run on SoulSilver. Can I just ask though - what happens when we beat the Elite Four for the first time and then get to Kanto? The wild Pokemon in Kanto are all around level 10, and the gyms are all level 50+... does that mean the challenge ends after the first E4 run?

EDIT: I started anyway.

Update 1:
Spoiler:

EDIT:

Update 2:
Spoiler:

Team:

Bugsy (Ekans) - Lv.15
Flash (Bellsprout) - slave

Box:

Mystery Egg
Falkner (Totodile) - Lv.16

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
sorry for lack of updates, I have been busy. Sammuthegreat, Im not sure... Probably, yeah. Or you could just use Johto's pokemon, by flying. Be creative!

Oh right. I got the impression that you had to get your next Pokemon from the route after the Gym you just beat, rather than being able to choose. I'll probably decide when I beat the E4 then :)

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
Years
I'm going to do this challenge using pokemon silver.
Edit: Nvm, i got terrible luck and got very fed up with this challenge. First, I got to Morty very easily using a Cyndaquil, Raticate and Beedrill, but the next pokemon I got was a Ditto. it was literally impossible to beat Morty. I had to grind Ditto up to level 70 just to beat the first trainer in his gym. I was only able to beat Morty when it was at level 100 when I thought of an idea to use all of Ditto's transfroms outside of battle to use struggle against Morty and it worked. I then got a magnemite, tentacruel and tauros to defeat the next three gyms. Unfortunately, while looking for a decent ice pokemon to defeat clair, I got a Piloswine. Going through the rockets in Mahogany with that thing was death. As soon as I thought my luck would change after a relatively easy win over Clair, i got a Geodude. Normally, I do not mind the Geodude family, but this challenge really made me realize how bad they are against the elite 4. First it took me about 15 tries to beat my rival when my graveler was at level 63. Then after losing for about the 10th time to the Elite 4, I finally gave up. So yeah.

Good challenge though. I enjoyed using the pokemon that I got even though they made me want to tear my brain out.

Last edited:

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
Years
Sheesh, forgot about this some days ago. If I'm not mistaken, I was grinding my Jolteon, but he kinda sucks. Maybe I'll continue today.

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2011
hmm sounds like this could be more interesting using the random pokemon generator, filtered with no legendaries obv, then hacking that pokemon into grass at same lvls before gym if you are bored with the normal encounter pokemon.

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
UPDATE 3!

Party Pokémon:

BATTY! (Zubat), who shall take on Whitney. Lv. 6
Spr_2s_041.png

Leech Life
Supersonic

HMSLAVE-X (Bellsprout) Lv. 10
Spr_2s_069.png

Vine Whip
Growth
Flash

HMSLAVE (Pidgey) Lv. 13
Spr_2s_016.png

Tackle
Sand Attack
Gust

TOG (Togepi), just hatched! Lv. 5
Spr_2s_175.png

Growl
Charm

In Box:

BA (Flaffy) Lv. 20
Spr_2s_180.png

Tackle
Growl
Thundershock
Thunder Wave

GATR (Totodile) Lv. 14
Spr_2s_158.png

Scratch
Leer
Rage
Water Gun

Currently in: Ilex Forest

Summary:
-Arrived in Azaela City
-Beat Team Rocket, Bugsy, and Luke (my Rival)

Iced

Aspiration
Years
I'm gonna join using Pokemon Red.

Began my adventure with a SQUIRTLE.
SQUIRTLE learned Bubble.
Defeated Brock with my level 15 SQUIRTLE.
Received TM34 Bide.
Bought ten Poke Balls.
Caught a PIDGEY and put my SQUIRTLE in the PC.
Used TM34 to teach PIDGEY Bide.
PIDGEY learned Sand-Attack.
PIDGEY learned Quick Attack.
PIDGEY evolved into PIDGEOTTO.
Used an HP Up on my PIDGEOTTO.
Used a Rare Candy on my PIDGEOTTO.
PIDGEOTTO learned Whirlwind, in place of Sand-Attack. (They are both useless to me anyways.)
Got a Helix Fossil.
Defeated Misty with my level 25 PIDGEOTTO. (Bide actually came in handy to kill Starmie.)
Received TM11 Bubblebeam.
Caught an ODDISH and put my PIDGEOTTO in the PC.
ODDISH learned Poisonpowder.
ODDISH learned Stun Spore.
ODDISH learned Sleep Powder.
ODDISH evolved into GLOOM.
GLOOM learned Acid.
Defeated Lt. Surge with my level 31 GLOOM.
Received TM24 Thunderbolt.
Caught a SPEAROW and put my GLOOM in the PC.

Last edited:
Years
Playing this in Yellow. No extra rules, I think it's going to be hard enough without.

First Update
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
I'm going to do this in Crystal. I'll make my first update in a bit...

Update #1
I just lost everything that I typed before, so I won't describe as much as I did the first time. Sorry...

I started with naming myself BlueSB, and then I choose a totodile and named it Alfons. I then trained him a bit and then went to Professor Pokemon and Oak. After that, I beat my rival and named him Err... Then I went to Violet City and beat Falkner on my first try.
1PerGym-Falkner.png

After this, I went south and caught the first pokemon I saw, which was a Rattata at level 5. I named him Finny and then put Alfons in the PC. He is now going to be my HM slave. After this, I went down to Azalea town and kicked TR out of Slowpoke Well. I then healed myself and beat Bugsy on my first try.
1PerGym-Bugsy.png

After this, I once again caught the next pokemon I saw. This time it was a Zubat at level 5. I named it Undertaker and trained it up about 13 levels (I released Finny). I then beat my Rival and picked up Alfons from the PC. After I got Cut, I taught him it and made it to Goldenrod. (There was one close call battle on the way there, but I made it out alive.) I then healed myself and went to battle the trainers north of Goldenrod. After this, I battled Whitney. I lost the first time, but won the second.
1PerGym-Whitney.png

I haven't caught my next pokemon yet, but I sure hope that I don't run into a Ditto.

Pokemon Used:

Gym 1- Falkner:
CrystalAlfons1GymChallenge1.png
CrystalAlfons1GymChallenge2.png

Now a HM slave that knows Cut.

Gym 2- Bugsy:
CrystalFinny1GymChallenge1.png
CrystalFinny1GymChallenge2.png

Gym 3- Whitney:
CrystalUndertaker1GymChallenge1.png
CrystalUndertaker1GymChallenge2.png

Last edited:

USD

I like cats
Years
I started this on diamond
started out with turtwig avoided many trainers grinded to 13 went to challange the gym beated roark easily. wwent to the grass and I got a geodude -_- wow good thing i avoided many trainers i wonder will a lvl 25 golem be able to kill gardenia. Oh well time to grind since its only lv 14 now

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2018
Doing this on Crystal. Starting today or tomorrow.

Screw that, I wont be doing this.

Last edited:

USD

I like cats
Years
ok update time!
Defeated gardenia with a lvl 26 graveler (electrisity went out when i wanted to evolve him)
turn 1 rock polish i was leech seeded
turn 2 rock blast KO
turn 3 she sent out roserade rock blast miss! roserade used poison sting
turn 4 rock blast 2 hits it survived poison sting again!
turn 5 rock blast for KO
turn 6 vs. turtwig rock blast miss! it used absorb i think
turn 7 I barely survived rockblasted for the win!
went to old chateu cautch a lvl 13 ghastly it should be easy to maylene with him grinding time!

hazelfraz

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Spoiler:

2nd poke 2nd badge training
Spoiler:

Badge four
Spoiler:

Game: Emerald386

Last edited:
Back