• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon Quest IX Review and Discussion

How'd you like Dragon Quest IX?

• It. Was. AWESOME

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pretty good. Somethings annoyed me though

• Meh. Felt like more could have been done.

• Pretty bad. I won't play it. EVER.

• Haven't played it.

• Total voters
Years
Dragon Quest IX Review

Okay...before I start this, I should note that this is my first review...so yeah.

Let's get started, shall we?

300px-DQIXDS_box_art.jpg

A spoiler draws near! Attack it?
Spoiler:

So...did you like it? Think i can do better? Want more pictures? Want me to be more witty?

Also discuss DQIX!

Last edited:
Years
As a review, this was terribly average.

Your general grammar is absolutely shocking. Yo ucan't spell. IMO, proofread before you actually post. :\

Dragon Quest may be popular, but compared to Halo, Call of Duty and Pokemon this game fails in comparison.

Did you really just compare a recent release, niche game to two console shooters and a game that's been out three years and has an absolutely massive fanbase? :|

>reviewing a game you havn't finished
>lol

Dragon Quest IX is a game to be thinking of buying. It has it's flaws, but with so much good in the game some can be overlooked. But some cannot. Like unexpected boss fights, or an enemy spawns when you're walking.

Your grammar here, lmao. Won't even go into that.

Unexpected boss fights encourage you to always be prepared, jus sayin. AND OMG LOL

You have a problem with random encounters, and you play Pokémon. Just. lol. Don't even like, review anything ever again. Practice. Learn how to construct sentances, and seriously, work on your grammar. Even if you're from like, India, or whatever, at least try to improve your English.

Years
Actually, buddy, let me tell you something.

My new file has 25 hours. And I'm halfway through.

I know that this wasn;t the best, but some of what you say offends me.

And how can I not spell? If you're going to help me, at least tell me where I'm missing something.

I compared that game to others because Dragon Quest IX apparently has that kind of competition. This game is a part of a series, so I was comparing it to other games that had sort of the same reputation.

About the random encounters.

They're not very random, like Pokemon, except that you get used to the game, knowing what not to avoid, when something just spawns at your feet. And when three of your team members are dead, and you're weak, you get pissed. In Pokemon, you can run, or use a Poke Doll. In Dragon Quest IX, chances of fleeing: 33-50%.

I'll use Microsoft Word some other time, but seriously the way you did this was kinda hurtful. This isn't something important. True, this is a review, but seriously you're acting like this is some document I'm turning. What the hell.

And for the record, I can write constructive sentences. I was tired that night, I'll try again. Tomorrow, because I have a headache right now.

Years
okay then,

your thrust into the game.

you're*

and flys off

flies*
But there are a few things that kills me as a player, and reviewer.

There are a few things that kill me as a player and reviewer.

And at last, gameplay hours. I guarantee you'll play this game for 50 hours. The first part, not the post, the first part. After that, expect over 100 hours. This game is more addicting than Pokemon. Because there;s so much to do!

You said you haven't beaten the game. Make your mind up.

This actually has some of the best graphics.

...this doesn't make sense in context. Try 'This actually has some of the best graphics on the system.'
But there's also the account of 2D and 3D sprites. It gets annoying, fast.

How does it get annoying? Nice explaining.

While battling in the later game, you'll notice that monster's HP will rise rise rise, and it'll get harder to KO them. Which is why you'll find yourself buying a lot of equipment.

It's called difficulty. Most games have it.

The Storyline: 9.5/10
This game's storyline is so hooing you'll be begging for more once you finish the game...and trust me you will get more.

I'm guessing you meant hooking? So much for I hasn't beeten dis gaem!!!111!

The Wi-FI: 7/10
The worst part of this game, at least in the Americas or regions outside of Japan.

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

I, presonally, found the wi-fi the best part of the game. It was quite easy to find partners on it, :\

My new file has 25 hours. And I'm halfway through.

Cool story, bro. I thought it went for 100 hours? :P

And how can I not spell? If you're going to help me, at least tell me where I'm missing something.

See the entirenty of my above post. :P

And for the record, I can write constructive sentences

I never said they weren't constructive, I said they weren't constructed well. :P

And your formatting is ew. I recommend typing it up on word, centering the text,

Years
Ah thank you.

Let me clairify a few things.

Even though I didn't beat the game, I know for a fact it takes that long.

25 hours, story mode.

And...as for the equipment, monsters drop around 7-500 gold depending where you are. I'm at the 500 zone. Weapons and armor? Around 22000. Pretty expensive, yes? But it can be overlooked.

Alright, correction time.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
You really need to elaborate far more, it's ridiculous to post a string of one-sentence paragraphs and call it a 'review'. While you may be getting your basic point across you aren't doing a very good job at arguing these points, which is the reason for a review to be written - to try to persuade your reader to your point of view using facts.

Back