• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

a poison type legendary!?

do you think there will there be a poison-type legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
For a long time i've doubted there would be a poison type legendary.(I said that about a fire/steel,but now there's Heatran)so I could be wrong again. I've noticed that there i a legendary of every type of legendary except for poison what do you think,will there be a poison type legendary pokemon?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well... there's always Poison Arceus :D
I think we will see Poison legend soon. Until the 5th gen, we haven't had any pure Flying type (beside Flying Arceus) so they gave us Tornadus. I believe it will be same with Poison legend.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I think there will be one sometime, but I doubt it will be pure Poison; I would expect something like Dark-Poison.
Why? Poison is a very realistic and conventional means of harming animals. It is worldly, basic — such things that legendaries are not.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I honestly doubt there'll be a pure Poison-type legendary. I don't know why, it's just some odd feeling xD Maybe there will be a legendary who's second type is Poison... I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Sirfetch’d

I think there might be, but most legendaries are psychic and would outmatch it and poison types are not that good anyway so it would not be a very good poke.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
A Poison legendary Pokemon other than Toxic Plate Arceus does seem like a cool concept (it might play some sort of "antagonistic/anti-hero" role like Giratina did). Like LightningAlex said, if there ever was a Poison legendary, I doubt it will be pure Poison.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
A Poison-type legendary would be pretty cool. Not sure what its design would be, though. Either way, I'd like to see one and I see very little reason not to include one anyway.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Yeah it'd be kinda hard to incorporate into the storyline (if they needed to). But I'd definitely love to see a poison type legendary. The design concepts are endlesssss.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
Yes. Poison is one of my favorite types and GameFreak seems to hate them. I'm glad they gave bug a much needed boost even though it's never been my favorite type, but felt poison needed it way more. They're supposed to be a defense type, but get the worst weakness in ground(its psychic weakness makes sense because of their "healing" aspects) and most get weak stats that keep them from using their support moves; and why does every pokemon get to learn Toxic? It should be restricted to poison types and a select few non-poison types(like Umbreon whose dex says it can spray poison).

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I believe there will be a poison legendary, due to the only fact Poison Arceus is the only one. Even then it isn't always a poison type because you need to make it hold a certain plate. I'm thinking the new Poison legendary will be some huge creature with toxic fog spewing out of its gaping mouth or something like that. Or it could be a huge snake, hissing and showing its sharp fangs. It could be anything, there bound to make a Poison legendary sooner or later...

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
A theme for legendaries that I have explored in my fakemon project, is nature and pollution.

There would be mascot legendaries representing the life force/biology (Grass/Steel) and the electromegnetic and gravitational force (Electric/Ground), in the Groudon/Kyogre league.

There would be a greenpeace-like villainous team by the name Team Gaia, initially merely wanting to control these aspects of nature, but later going to the extreme of wanting to destroy the planet so it can renew.

The third one would be a Poison/Rock legendary of destruction and pollution as powerful as Rayquaza, which when awakened would cause havoc. Meaning in the third version/sequels you would have to team up with your rival, each catching one of the nature legends, and confront this thing in a 2vs1 battle
http://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/art/184-Ametox-Havoc-Forme-182215936

My point is, if I can come up with an interesting set of legendaries that involves a Poison type, then gamefreak can.

And of course a Poison legendary might also simply show up in a regular trio if it was fitting.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
They made a Bug Type Legendary, I'm 100% sure they will make a Poison Type Legendary... within the next 10 years :)

soulavenger

A Keen Observer
Years
Maybe, just for the sake of it, but I agree with all that it would not be a pure poison type.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Poison types are severely underrated.

Their battle prowess as a type is probably one of the worse in the 17 types. Poison attacks are usually reliant on their ability to deter the opponent through Status and stat reductions.

If they wanted to make a Poison Legend, they'd have to give Poison Types a considerable boost in the next Generation. Newer attacks and maybe a few new Abilities that tie into Poison types. Just to put emphasis on the growth.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Like many others here, I think if we were to have one it would need to be a dual type, or the type to boosted next gen like XanderO said. Pure Poison Pokemon have a small movepool of STAB moves, with only a few worthy for a
Legendary. Poisons average stats aren't that great either.

chart poison by http://www.flickr.com/people/84221416@N06/

And they don't have very good resistances either. But, if they could introduce a few new nifty abilities for poison types as well as some new moves, it would be cool to see a Legendary with Poison as its primary type. Its design could be really cool as there are lots of options for poison. It could be a experiment gone wrong or it could be a big snake or frog or something along the lines of something venomous.

Tl;dr, I'd like to see the Poison type given a boost next gen and a Poison/Dark speed orientated legendary.

Years

I agree. Poison types can be really strong, especially since they're great defensively.

I do think there will be a poison type legendary eventually. I don't see why not - they could make a legendary based off some sort of legendary assassin (like a famous ninja) and it having a second poison typing would make perfect sense. I could also see some sort of radioactive-based poison/fire legendary happening. It just seems like something gamefreak might do.

However, a pure poison type probably won't happen.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Poison-types are my faves. I think they're really adorbs, plus they're really strong. I'm not entirely sure that there will be a poison-type legend soon, but I hope they'll come up with a legend that's pure poison. I'm praying.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I don't see why there wouldn't be. It would certainly make Roxie happy, ha ha!

I don't know if we'll see a pure Poison-type legendary any time soon but there are lots of different things a dual-typed Poison legendary could draw inspiration from.

Years

Their battle prowess as a type is probably one of the worse in the 17 types. Poison attacks are usually reliant on their ability to deter the opponent through Status and stat reductions.

If they wanted to make a Poison Legend, they'd have to give Poison Types a considerable boost in the next Generation. Newer attacks and maybe a few new Abilities that tie into Poison types. Just to put emphasis on the growth.

I agree with Xander's post here. They should give a new twist to Poison-types should they make a Poison Legendary.

The Poison-type's offensive capabilities are shallow since it is only super-effective against Grass, but they have good defensive skills, like being resistant to the common Fighting-type. Also, the strategy with Poison-types is to inflict the Poison status condition.

If they do make a Poison Legendary, they should give it a helpful ability. According to TV Tropes, Poison-type Pokemon are often considered the "butt monkey" of all 17 types so if the next generation does an improvement to Poison-types it should give them more love.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Poison Type is a lot better than it used to be, but still is weaker than most other types. They do need to give this Poison Legendary a signature attack that's really powerful, like they have with others. But I think it's necessary, as the type is so often overlooked due to how lame many of its Pokemon are. Maybe not a boxart legendary, but a legendary no less...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back