• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I have to admit this is one of the few games that caught my eye recently. Your art style is beautiful and I love your mapping. It really flows well from the few screenshots we can see. I would like to see a little more from your storyline but I'm guessing you're saving that to reveal in the demo. Nice job.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Thread Layout Idea – Pokeon Garnet (You're amazing.)
Huh! Don't worry for the Layout! XD
I thought it was quite easy to follow and because of that I disposed it that way. That's no need to credit me for such a simply thing! XD

Then, let's talk about the game itself.

You seriously need to change the message box, it doesn't fit the game and the pokémon idea btw.
Mapping is difficult to compare with other pokemon fangames because of the resolution, but it's good: it's quite an example of "anti-hydrargiriumist" (X°D) style, let me explain: in Garnet's style I tend to put every detail i find, but it's quite a different style from Pokemon traditional game: in that case your mapping is more similar to official games.
Aaand... well, "tint screen feature" is well used for the day-changing atmosphere.
The sprites are really good, both the fakes and the trainers: maybe this is the strong point of the game.!

Keep on with the work, i think i have to consider you officially as a rival or sorta. XD

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
Years
Is Barcush a crab? I think it's adorable. But the name; where did it come from? I'm trying to find some link between Barcush and Crab but all I can see is that Barc is Crab backwards. :P

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
I have to admit this is one of the few games that caught my eye recently. Your art style is beautiful and I love your mapping. It really flows well from the few screenshots we can see. I would like to see a little more from your storyline but I'm guessing you're saving that to reveal in the demo. Nice job.

Thanks for your support! Rest assured the entire storyline is mapped out, complete with a full cast of main and supporting characters a really complex plot. I would love to reveal more, but I'm under strict orders from Starrmyt to keep most of the plot a secret, revealing certain points every now and then...so stay tuned!

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Is Barcush a crab? I think it's adorable. But the name; where did it come from? I'm trying to find some link between Barcush and Crab but all I can see is that Barc is Crab backwards. :P

Yes, you found the link. Barcush is composed of Barc, crab backwards, and gush, which is something that water tends to do when going from an area of high concentration to low concentration. :P

mercurysky said:
Keep on with the work, i think i have to consider you officially as a rival or sorta. XD

Probably the best thing I've heard all day...regarding my game. :D Thanks so much! :D

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
Years
Dude this looks sick lol, I love the graphics style, And the story line xD. I think once this games 100% complete its going to be just awesome :p. I think it would be awesome if it was a real pokemon DS game :P, Can't wait to see more, as I'll be watching this thread.

nimmy23

Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2012
This is awesome! I would love to help you make this game. Maybe be a tiler to make unique tiles for your game.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
Years
I just don't get how you managed to make this in RPG maker XP, I used to make stuff in that, But never something like a pokemon game o_O.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Adding these/exchanging these with ones on the first post. Plus, they're smaller screenshots. ^_^
Outside:
infront.png

Inside:
insidej.png

may change some things like overworlds and possibly making the gym a bit more detailed and complex like HGSS. But other than that, this is the first gym. Enjoy!

^_^

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Dude,Love this game's features and i wanna ask,can I be a beta tester?its not to play the game before the many fans who wait for it,its to see the functions of the game so I can see what i need to work on so i can release a developement thread and make a game too....

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
Years
Heh gorgeous, as usual. Your game doesn't surprise me in that category. I am looking forward to more! (when I'm not working on my own game) Helio is progressing nicely. ^_^

aquakip

Years
New Screenshots of Our region's forest: Avocet Forest.

inside.png

I will be updating the screenshots from time to time as we get new tiles. Here is a presentation of a few of ours.

(Credit to Kymotonian for the main leaf pattern, although I recolored them.)

Tommorow I will be posting two or three more screenshots. So look forward to that!

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Nice screens, good use of tiles. I would suggest a few changes, however. Firstly, the trees don't seem to match as well as they could, maybe change the pallet a little? Secondly, the leaf pattern, which is amazing, is all good and well, but it isn't tall grass is it? You need to have that in a forest. And finally, the clouds are nice, better than just using the RMXP standars, but they feel a little square.

Oh, and to the last update, everything is fine on there, except the outside of the gym, it doesn't match.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Secondly, the leaf pattern, which is amazing, is all good and well, but it isn't tall grass is it? You need to have that in a forest.

This is my fault, actually, as I gave Aquakip this idea in the first place; I wanted the Avocet Forest to be somewhat like the ilex forest, with the entirety of the forest being like a cave floor, so that everything is tall grass, per se.

It does kinda look like the leaves are the "tall grass", though. :P

aquakip

Years
But sadly, they are not. I'm sorry for making you think that. ^_^

And those aren't clouds. That's just the shade, kind of like in HGSS Ilex Forest (which inspired this forest a lot).

aquakip

Years
avocetforest.png

Edited the Forest. The first screenshot is just before you exit the forest. The second one is right outside Spectver's shrine.

Spectver is one of our ghost trio. Bards or Starrmyt can elaborate more on that. xD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
avocetforest.png

Edited the Forest. The first screenshot is just before you exit the forest. The second one is right outside Spectver's shrine.

Spectver is one of our ghost trio. Bards or Starrmyt can elaborate more on that. xD

Good use of light effects, from character graphics in this case, right? I suggest you to change the mountain tile, because it does not fit the game graphic very well, but apart of that i like the atmosphere. Just turn down a little the lights! ;°)

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
avocetforest.png

Nice to see Helio is in the Showcase now! Can't see any faults with those screenies but maybe make the water in the top one a little more interesting (eg. rocks, foliage).

The normal gym's layout is a tad dull. If you're stuck for layout ideas I could give you some based on the leader's personality, pokemon trained etc. but in the end it's up to you.

In the screenshot above the gym layout, the tiles (the ones that are half-covered in grass) are magnificent!

Keep up the good work, I eagerly anticipate playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back