• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Paradox

Hack Completion: ~5%...LOL
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2011
Well I've fixed my own problem, but I couldn't tell anyone last night because my modem has this stupid timer thing so I can't go online after 11:00.

New problem though XD How do I get Oak to NOT appear in my map when you try to leave and he stops you? I've tried hidesprite 0x02 (his ID. I'm sure because the applymovements work for that ID) but I can't make it work. I've tried a level script to hide his sprite but it doesn't work and Idk what to do.

Nosophoros

I'm eating your cake
Years
When saving an imported zorua backsprite pokepic says, "image is too big, would you like to expand rom?"
Well, if I say yes it just disapears when I "revisit" the pokemon. If I say no it simply doesn't load.

However, the one time it did work without this message, when I battled with him his sprite moved up and down (exposing his erased bottom-half).

Do I need to replace a different pokemon or resize the backsprite (it's already small)?

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
When saving an imported zorua backsprite pokepic says, "image is too big, would you like to expand rom?"
Well, if I say yes it just disapears when I "revisit" the pokemon. If I say no it simply doesn't load.

However, the one time it did work without this message, when I battled with him his sprite moved up and down (exposing his erased bottom-half).

Do I need to replace a different pokemon or resize the backsprite (it's already small)?
Use Advanced Sprite Position Editor
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196143
That thread has it and 2 others you might find especially useful too.

Well I've fixed my own problem, but I couldn't tell anyone last night because my modem has this stupid timer thing so I can't go online after 11:00.

New problem though XD How do I get Oak to NOT appear in my map when you try to leave and he stops you? I've tried hidesprite 0x02 (his ID. I'm sure because the applymovements work for that ID) but I can't make it work. I've tried a level script to hide his sprite but it doesn't work and Idk what to do.

Do you need Oak on that map at all? If you just want him gone then remove him and the scripts that make him stop you.

Last edited:

.Paradox

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2011
Do you need Oak on that map at all? If you just want him gone then remove him and the scripts that make him stop you.

No I need him there. Let me rephrase my question.

I need him to be invisible before he stops me to take me to his lab, because I can see him before I leave. Then I need him to be gone after I get my Pokemon. I can do the last part, but I can't the first part

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
No I need him there. Let me rephrase my question.

I need him to be invisible before he stops me to take me to his lab, because I can see him before I leave. Then I need him to be gone after I get my Pokemon. I can do the last part, but I can't the first part

I beleive there are hidesprite and showsprite commands, that's all I can think of.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
@ .Paradox
Spoiler:

I believe this is your script, and I added a couple things, you just need to add the raw values at the top.

How would I go about making a scripted battle, like on the teachy TV in FireRed? (For FireRed) I want it so that you aren't in the battle yourself, but the game does a battle:

PLAYER used FLAMETHROWER!
PLAYER2 used BUBBLE!
No move selection here..
PLAYER returned CHARIZARD!
PLAYER sent out VENUSAUR!
and so on and so fourth....
I would suggest finding the script for the old man who teaches you to catch pokemon and copying it and modifying it, or even that TV show you talked about.

Last edited:

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
Ok, thanks. Another question: Can I assemble my .s files without using Sappy? It crashes whenever I try to assemble.
I personally have never used Sappy, I want to get a working title screen before I get started with everything else, so hopefully soon I can get a new palette in so I can use my title screen I made part of in photoshop.

Does anyone know if it is safe to replace the title screen palette, I just need to know if anything else in the game uses it for anything.

.Paradox

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2011
I beleive there are hidesprite and showsprite commands, that's all I can think of.

That doesn't work though for me. Well when I tried making it a level script that loads as soon as the map loads. But nothing happens and idk what to do.

~Merilyn

Pokemon Misted Amethyst
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2014
Does anyone know how to insert the standard Pokemon Firered tree into Pokemon Emerald? I don't want to screw up any other tiles, I just want that tree inserted by overwriting the emerald tree, but the Emerald tree is shorter than the Firered tree, so I can't insert it without screwing up something else. Thanks in advance.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
That doesn't work though for me. Well when I tried making it a level script that loads as soon as the map loads. But nothing happens and idk what to do.

Well I havn't really looked into level scripting, so all I can say is wait for more help or try to add it as a script and on a person script. Anyways Good Luck.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 12, 2010
I used A-Trainer to make two new trainers in Fire Red. Everything works fine about them, except for one thing: The items they use either at the beginning of the battle or when their Pokemon's HP is low.

One of the trainers, despite the fact that I didn't give him any items to use, uses Black Belt at the beginning of the battle for some reason, which raises his Pokemon's defense, strangely enough.

The other trainer has but one item, Full Restore, selected for use, but when his Pokemon's HP is low, he uses Soul Dew (@_@) followed by the caption "Foe FEAROW's SOUL DEW restored health!" even though its HP doesn't change.

Does anyone have a clue as to why this might be happening?

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
I don't know if this is a simple question but,

does anyone know the when it is morning and nightime in pokemon emeraled

@Aggron1991
why don't you try starting again, and use a blank trainer

@~Merilyn
(Not a simple question by the way)
Thats easy to do, make sure each titleset firered your hack have the same palltes
then copy the firered tree over your hack tree save and it is done just intesect the titleset into your hack, I you would like me to make a toutrial i will do it

Last edited:
Years

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
How do I import the original tile map? Also how do you change the TMs Gym Leaders give you in Emerald/Fire Red? After I fix the text I'm going to change it and make sure not to mess up.
Rip the tilemap from a clean rom and then import it into the edited one. You would edit the script in order to change the TM that is given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back