• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
Years
Just a question/suggestion. Will there be customizable event layer like advanced map (don't know if you have ever used it or know what I am talking about) where you can drag script types along on the map where you want them. And also will there be pre-ready scripts for stuff like doors going from map to map Etc?

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Just a question/suggestion. Will there be customizable event layer like advanced map (don't know if you have ever used it or know what I am talking about) where you can drag script types along on the map where you want them. And also will there be pre-ready scripts for stuff like doors going from map to map Etc?

Uhh... he's using RMXP so first question kinda obvious what it's going to be, not really possible to modify something that is integrated into the game maker.

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
Years
thats not entirely true what I am asking is will you be able to have preloaded script system like advanced map, cause if you have any experience with the scripting system they have a few preloaded scripts like the people placer and the warp editor.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years
thats not entirely true what I am asking is will you be able to have preloaded script system like advanced map, cause if you have any experience with the scripting system they have a few preloaded scripts like the people placer and the warp editor.

ROM Hacking is very different from game dev.
Learn about it, the only 'tool' you need is RMXP, CNG is just making a starter kit.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Dear CNG,

While looking at this starter kit (the thread anyways) I've noticed several things and I'd like to bring up a couple points about your Starter Kit.

Now onto my constructive criticism/ranting (lol). Please also read the bottom (below the dashed lines)

- Neo Mode 07 (3D)

lol This is not very impressive to say the least. For one, you aren't even going to be required to modify it to make it work, it's just plug-n-play for you. [rant] The second point I need to bring up it Neo Mode 07 is NOT 3D. It's technically a different 2D view. You may think I'm blindly saying this but I've learned from experience how NM07 works by modifying it for Pokemon Essentials' Starter Kit myself. Originally I did claim Neo Mode 07 was 3D on Pkmn Origin's thread but I have been realizing for the past few months Neo Mode 07 is not 3D, it's 2D in a different form.

For example, 3D has height, width, and depth. Neo Mode 07 has Height and Width but no depth, or the flooring may have depth but the objects certainly have no depth. They're just vertical and flat.[/rant] Anyways if you want to see 3D I am working on a live 3D engine, there's a demo and I have posted pics proving my engine is valid 3D, although I'm still adding more functions and fixing bugs I have made my point in Pkmn Origin's thread proving my 3D engine is valid. I am sorry if this came as a rash thought to you but, by definition, Neo Mode 07 is not actually 3D.

- Black/White Features

...like what? lol This subject is a bit broad, don't you think so? I can't really comment on so many possibilities.

- Black/White Graphics/Audio

Uhh...a little more specific? I mean are the tiles what you're aiming at or the GUIs of various systems, but this looks really useful either way :)

- Animated Pokemon

Is this going to be the whole 1,800+ Animations of the Pokemon from BW? (649 Pokemon * More than 3 animations per Pokemon) I'd imagine this is going to take a pretty long time to complete but I wish you luck, this would be absolutely amazing :D

--------------------------------------------------------

Overall the thread looks fine, I had a few questions and points you should hear though. I'm sorry if you were thinking this was bashing/flaming you, I was giving a little input about some things I did (and did not) like. A lot of the functions in this kit seem pretty basic (except the battle system, from what I can gather), but it's going to be nice to see it in action. =D I look forward to more updates on the progresses.

~ CP
So basically saying NM7, is like a 2.5 D instead of 3D
?

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
Years
So basically saying NM7, is like a 2.5 D instead of 3D
?
There is no 2.5 D NMODE7 is a two-three-maybe even four point perspective. it just adds horizon lines into where the char is facing-Looked at script in the NMODE7 rpg version- Nothing is "3D" an engine like rmxp maynot be "3D" capable
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My DEF FOR "3D": Height+Width+Depth[Rmxp has non?]/Has to be like in the moves EX: Jack@$$

My DEF FOR NMODE7: ISOMETRIC/MULTI-POINT.

YOU MAY DISAGREE OR AGREE BUT IM STICKING TO MY DEF'S OF IT.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
There is no 2.5 D NMODE7 is a two-three-maybe even four point perspective. it just adds horizon lines into where the char is facing-Looked at script in the NMODE7 rpg version- Nothing is "3D" an engine like rmxp maynot be "3D" capable

You're correct. RMXP isn't capable of producing a true 3D that I can imagine. Neo Mode 7 is just basically providing the illusion of 3D.

Given, if I had the knowledge to make my game 3D, I would, but I can't code an RPG engine anyway, forget a real 3d one. That's why I'm eagerly waiting this engine. I have the ability to 3dModel, but it'll likely prove worthless.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My DEF FOR "3D": Height+Width+Depth[Rmxp has non?]/Has to be like in the moves EX: Jack@$$

My DEF FOR NMODE7: ISOMETRIC/MULTI-POINT.

YOU MAY DISAGREE OR AGREE BUT IM STICKING TO MY DEF'S OF IT.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2.5D is 3/4 perspective >.>

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Not to be off topic but wikipedia is edited by anyone itcan be wrong so dont always rely on wikipedia.

In this case, it's not wrong.

The odds of coming across an edited article are slim to none as it is. Any wrong edits are removed by the staff, and most wrong edits are also very noticeably wrong. Most incorrect edits to articles are very poor trolls as well, to the point where common sense comes into play.

Sorry to deter from the point, but I hate it when people act like Wikipedia is just plain wrong. I've never seen any edits on wikipedia that weren't obvious, i.e uncitationed material.

Regardless, I don't want this thread to derail completely into a Wikipedia arguement...

I wonder if this starter kit will get a Wiki like PE did? Or will it even need one? It seems like CNG is really focusing on user friendliness.

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
This seems like it has great potential. I was going to use Essentials for my game, but after seeing this, it made me think twice. I'll postpone my game development and see what you come up with.

Years
lol This is not very impressive to say the least. For one, you aren't even going to be required to modify it to make it work, it's just plug-n-play for you. [rant] The second point I need to bring up it Neo Mode 07 is NOT 3D. It's technically a different 2D view. You may think I'm blindly saying this but I've learned from experience how NM07 works by modifying it for Pokemon Essentials' Starter Kit myself. Originally I did claim Neo Mode 07 was 3D on Pkmn Origin's thread but I have been realizing for the past few months Neo Mode 07 is not 3D, it's 2D in a different form.

Oh i know it's not very impressive from a scripting point of view, it was meant simply for people to be able to mimic the way in which maps are displayed in the real games. I do know it's not 3D though, but it's easier to say 3D than "Sort of 3D, but kinda 2D with elements of 3D thrown in"

- Black/White Features

...like what? lol This subject is a bit broad, don't you think so? I can't really comment on so many possibilities.

It's broad because i'm adding most of the features found in the games.

- Black/White Graphics/Audio

Uhh...a little more specific? I mean are the tiles what you're aiming at or the GUIs of various systems, but this looks really useful either way :)

Well unless you want a lengthy list on all the graphics/audio i'll be using, then i'll just keep it to that lol. But it's basically tiles/GUIs/Various Pictures etc.

- Animated Pokemon

Is this going to be the whole 1,800+ Animations of the Pokemon from BW? (649 Pokemon * More than 3 animations per Pokemon) I'd imagine this is going to take a pretty long time to complete but I wish you luck, this would be absolutely amazing :D

If i can get all the sprites then it's easily possible. I have the main animation system in place, it's just the sprites which are slowing down.

--------------------------------------------------------

Overall the thread looks fine, I had a few questions and points you should hear though. I'm sorry if you were thinking this was bashing/flaming you, I was giving a little input about some things I did (and did not) like. A lot of the functions in this kit seem pretty basic (except the battle system, from what I can gather), but it's going to be nice to see it in action. =D I look forward to more updates on the progresses.

~ CP

Nono, it's great to have the chance to answer some questions that aren't "Can i have the demo please?"

This seems like it has great potential. I was going to use Essentials for my game, but after seeing this, it made me think twice. I'll postpone my game development and see what you come up with.

Thanks, but i wouldn't postpone development on your game, you could be waiting a few months before a public release.

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
Years
@Firemaker DON'T POSTPONE it, I think CNG has a converter for maps or scripts.

@CNG Ive been using the "RPG"(NOT POKEMON) variant of NMODE7 and ive noticed there are 2 terrain tags that determine if the tile is standing or not. I also know that rmxp's database supports 7... How are you going to incorporate all of the terrain tags like water, land, waterfall etc... And will there be the full "wifi" experience similar to Raptor EX?

Years
Well first of all, there isn't a pokemon version of the Neo Mode 07 script :3 but yeah, there are only 7 terrain tags.

I'll be looking into that.

As for wi-fi, there'll be something coming soon about that, i have to get everything sorted.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Well first of all, there isn't a pokemon version of the Neo Mode 07 script :3 but yeah, there are only 7 terrain tags.

I'll be looking into that.

As for wi-fi, there'll be something coming soon about that, i have to get everything sorted.

Chris your site been down for like the last two days

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Chris your site been down for like the last two days
Good to hear I'm not the only one.

@Chris: Will the Wi-Fi be hosted on a server, so when you download it goes straight into the game?

Years
Well unfortunately you'll have to host the 'Wi-Fi' on your own servers, as i can't be dealing with a load of people needing changes to their stuff as that's all i'd ever do.

I'm currently thinking of someway with sql databases, but i'll need the help of my friend for that.

As for my site, i know about that, but i think it could be the delayed server move my host was talking about.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Well unfortunately you'll have to host the 'Wi-Fi' on your own servers, as i can't be dealing with a load of people needing changes to their stuff as that's all i'd ever do.

I'm currently thinking of someway with sql databases, but i'll need the help of my friend for that.

As for my site, i know about that, but i think it could be the delayed server move my host was talking about.
That's why I said "a server". =]

I hope the server's back online soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back